PDA

View Full Version : Team building

Mafdet
03-03-2014, 01:38 PM
What is the best way in which to get the best performance out of your team? I think organizing team buildings is a great idea and I'd like to know if you've used this method, what kind of games or tasks did/do you use and was the experience helpful or not?

katharinemae
03-04-2014, 08:52 AM
I believe that team building is an important factor in order to have a successful working relationship between employees which always lead to better performance. Games should be in the spirit of fun and camaraderie so that they can open up
be at ease. I think the most common activity during team building is the one where the participants are blind folded and then fall on their backs and other team members are there to catch, i forgot the name of this activity bit it was really fun and it also builds trust.

Mafdet
03-04-2014, 11:48 AM
There are a few team building exercises that I've learned during a training. One of them involved a few bricks and the task was to get from point A to point B by moving the brigs from back to front. It's challenging because depending on the number of bricks and the number of people involved in the exercise, you have to share your brick with one or two other participants and risk to fall and be eliminated from the game.

Lostvalleyguy
03-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Team building exercises can be good or bad depending on the way they are set up and the nature of the team you want to build. Not every individual and not every job is suitable to the team player attitude. Companies that sell team building seminars to other companies are taking advantage of the hype in the market and may or may not get results.

Team building is not a bad thing, but make sure the activities don't just encourage a team to work together but rather require it. Also, make sure that the teams being built are ones that would normally interact in the workplace (building a team of day and night staff in different departments will not see a benefit).

Mafdet
03-06-2014, 03:15 PM
(building a team of day and night staff in different departments will not see a benefit).

I can give you an example that defies what you said, even though you are right. We have a 90 people project and the project is divided into about 5 teams. The day and night shifts are not given to teams but to individuals and the vary from one week to another so you can't really keep this in mind when building the team. But team buildings came as prizes for the best team of the month. So the employees were doing their best in order to achieve the results necessary for them to win, already being a team. After winning, they would attend the team building and come back even more united. I find that was a good strategy. What i'm more interest in though are the exercises that you can do as part of the team building.

delusional
03-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Teambuilding can be great way to get a team to work together. I don't know if it can improve productivity but it can increase companionship. It also helps to get to know one another.

DomDom
03-09-2014, 03:48 PM
You can hire a professional to help you out with the organization of these knds of things too!

difrancprod
03-10-2014, 02:53 AM
You can check out on games online for company team building. Usually a game like The Amazing Race will help. That promotes team work big time!

jfab
03-10-2014, 03:09 AM
Try Youtube. There are a lot of team building activities that you could watch and do it for your company employees. Team building is good to motivate them indeed.

fredkawig
03-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Team building is a great way which will give friendly competition and bonding between your employees. Parties are also a good thing to bring people closer and at the same time have fun doing it.

Mafdet
03-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Try Youtube. There are a lot of team building activities that you could watch and do it for your company employees. Team building is good to motivate them indeed.

This is a good idea. Indeed you can find most anything on Youtube these days. Also, giving the employees a chance to come with their own ideas might be a good thing to do.

autograph
03-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Team building is a great way to promote synergy within your team members. During my internship during college, the company used to have team building activity for every quarter. It does not always have to be games all the time. In fact, one of the activity was a buffet lunch at an up-scale restaurants. Everyone get to have great conversations and relax with each other's presence.

M.K
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Hiring like-minded people is a good start. If you make sure your team share a common interest or goal, everything else should work itself out. Instead of trying to force a kinship upon eclectic people, try to form a team with people who are likely to work well together.

idlecuriosities
03-12-2014, 10:43 PM
I think anything that brings the workplace together in a more relaxed environment can be a great thing for the office. Parties are good, but they can get out of hand if too much alcohol is involved. I think an office sports team registered with a recreational league can be great for this purpose.

angelicagapit
03-13-2014, 12:27 AM
The aim of team building is not only to work as a team. It's a way to form stronger relationships and to become friends. Team building can be for any kind of group, a group of friends, a group of coworkers, and even a family. It forms a stronger bond and in terms of working together, forming strategies together, and thinking together as friends.

alec
03-13-2014, 04:34 AM
Yes, team buildings are beneficial for both the workplace environment and for the business as a whole. Some companies prefer sending the employees someplace nice, like in the mountains for a weekend, where they do all sorts of team activities. This works well for the bigger businesses where money is plenty. For the smaller ones a night out in the town with the team works well as a team building opportunity. You can also mix the activities with some training since learning when out of the workplace works better in my opinion. Like the others here already said, the net is full of instructional videos regarding this topic, you can start there.

darelle4
03-13-2014, 09:37 PM
You have to let the team do things together like outdoor activities and many other things. You can make the team go into groups of two and then ask their partner three questions such as, "What is their dream". It all up to you to be creative but it will result in the team being able to know each other on a deeper level.

wander_n_wonder
03-13-2014, 10:45 PM
I honestly hate those games for teambuilding. For me, it's very artificial. I would prefer just bringing together my team for an activity out, let's say bowling or badminton. At least, we get to hangout together outside the office, without having to do those petty and shallow games which are usually very predictable already.

Most teambuilding activities are already very familiar to everyone, so it fails to bring the message along because everyone knows what to expect anyway.

mikelouis
03-14-2014, 01:35 AM
Well I think team building has always been the best way to bring together all your employees. At times just holding an annual party can also do the trick. People will come together to talk about the way the whole year has been in the company and also discuss the way forward.

mikka254
03-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Most companies have no idea what team building is. They think that hiring "team building" experts is the way to go when in fact, these experts are just trying to make their money from booking fees. In order to create a successful team building exercise, you need to understand your employees. What type of company do you own or control? Why would they choose to be in that company? What is the expected result of the team building exercise? These are the questions that you should answer first in order to formulate they type of team building exercise required. Are you trying to create leaders or are you trying to show your employees how to follow? It's not just about games. It's basic psychology. Understand what you plan to accomplish and from there planning the team building will be easier.

Taru
03-19-2014, 02:11 AM
I find group outings and activities are great for bringing a group together. It allows people to find a common ground with each other, whether it be in enjoyment or just completing a task, and therefore it takes focus away from the differences such as their individual methods or belief systems. I think this is the best to ingrain a sort of truth in people that often, the goal is more important than doing things a certain way, and in my opinion, that is what brings a team together. That said, while I was an employee, I was able to join group activities and outings such as going to the beach and playing games with the group like volleyball and tug of war. It brought us closer as a team, and also it helped us define a good process of working together as a group.

Jane Hastings
03-19-2014, 08:34 PM
There are many activities you can do in team building. Trust, determination, perseverance, dedication, etc. will be tested. It's also a great way to know and interact with other employees. Team building is fun and some people get competitive but the most important thing is they should get along. You can do trust walk, trust carry and trust fall to teach them that they can trust their co-workers. You can also do the wall challenge wherein there's a big wall and they need to go over it but they can only go one at a time so they need to come up with strategies on how to climb that wall. Team building can bring people closer and employees who treat each other like family can help the company big time. Good luck!

Rinat
01-08-2017, 08:13 PM
I think trust is the most critical part of team building. While at a coaching workshop we did an exercise that was quite simple and profound.

1) Set up a room of obstacles such as chairs, tables, brief cases, etc.
2) Blindfold one of the team makes.
3) Have the other teammates navigate the blindfolded individual through the obstacle course
4) If the blindfolded person was able to get through the course without running into the obstacles they are the WINNER.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

wandi09
01-10-2017, 08:21 PM
to support good team building, we need personal closeness and do not forget to giving reward for their success.

I did it both way to make a solid team, and the result is, the sales target of PABX Panasonic, Fax Machine and other office equipment that we sell reaches the target up to 100%

smartminds.io
01-10-2017, 11:32 PM
The best team is a high performance team. I always try really hard to build a culture a trust within my team. By setting values and aligning the team, for where every decision is made based upon those values. It's a lot to explain with this new business paradigm but I have an article on my blog explaining what a high performance culture is and all the key and important factors you should consider when building your company's culture

https://websmart.io/9-components-performing-culture/

Sorry to link share but value based cultures in company's are whats working with some of the biggest company's in the world. Like yahoo, volks wagon and more! lets join them up there

TheDogLine
01-20-2017, 09:57 AM
We also experienced team building. It is really a great tool to know your colleagues especially to know the type of personality that they have. We can build camaraderie and trust during this training.

Games include the "trust fall", "pipe ball travel", etc. You can search for games in the internet or you can hire a professional to do the team building training for you.

Muneera123
03-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Yes, team Builders would gainful for both the working environment earth What's more to those benefits of the business all in all. A portion organizations favor sending the representatives somewhere nice, like in the mountains to An weekend, the place they do different kinds about less group exercises. This meets expectations great to the greater organizations the place cash may be a lot. To the more diminutive ones a night out in those town for those cooperation meets expectations great Concerning illustration a group building good fortune. You camwood likewise blend the exercises for A percentage preparing since Taking in when out of the work environment meets expectations superior as I would see it. Similar to those others here recently said, the net is full of guidelines features viewing this topic, you could start there.

emilygilbert
03-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Hi,
Here are some ways to successful teamwork:-
1. Communication is open, honest and respectful
2. Team members are viewed as unique people
3. Team members have a strong sense of belonging to the group
4. Members of the team make high-quality decisions together
Thanks!!

dpkmlm
08-04-2018, 05:14 AM
good team building and working environment will increase company growth and also profit..

pinkupriyanka
09-17-2018, 06:51 AM
Team building is good way to keep the bonding between employees, it might also help to improve each individuals performance. Its better to conduct fun activities, get to-g ether and so on to maintain the bond.

gilsulate
12-28-2018, 11:43 PM
I think, that team building is an important factor in order to have a successful working relationship between employees which always lead to better performance.

Ryan Reynold
01-04-2019, 04:54 AM
Team building is a collective term for various types of activities used to enhance social relations and define roles within teams

moderndavinci18
01-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Team building is tremendously helpful when done right, because it helps your business team in fundamental aspects:

Communication
Efficiency
Productivity
Collaboration
Compromise
Identification with your company

Of course, if you want to obtain these benefits, you need to get team building activities tailored to the needs and goals of your company. That is why it is an excellent idea to work with companies like Change Works (https://www.changeworksltd.co.th/), because they tailor every single activity to your business, in order to come up with the perfect strategy for your organization.

I'd recommend you to invest into it, but make sure that you choose a company that is willing to examine your specific company and come up with custom team building activities, put within a specific strategy to fuel your growth.

kyliespirit
01-20-2019, 09:27 AM
I trust that group building is a critical factor so as to have a fruitful working connection between representatives which dependably lead to better execution.

Montessori Materials (https://www.edutoys.lk/products/montessori-material/) | Nursery Materials (https://www.edutoys.lk/products/montessori-material/)

fanean
02-12-2019, 05:16 PM
The purpose of team building activities is to motivate your people to work together to develop there strength and to address by weakness. So any team building exercise should encourage collaboration rather than competition. Be sure to incorporate team building in to your workplace routines and practice. There are four many types of team building activities which includes communication activities, problem solving or decision making activities adaptability for planning activities that focus on building trust.

craigslistlivead
02-13-2019, 09:32 AM
As my prospective, Team Building is all about Leading! Become a leader, not a boss, you team will build automatically build. Because a leader is a core of a team, the team is all about sharing, caring, problem solving, hangout. But not about attitude.

Robert Dennis
07-18-2019, 03:15 AM
Delegation of authority is a must for team building. Moreover, you should choose the team on the basis of the member's interest and capability perform the tasks.

deblauwehollander
08-01-2019, 08:00 AM
Foster good communication. Open and honest communication is at the heart of a happy and productive workplace. ...
Give feedback. ...
Recognize your team's value. ...
Delegate. ...
Head off conflict. ...
Train and develop your team. ...
Offer a flexible workplace.

christianthalbergo
08-30-2019, 02:27 AM
My team likes to play simple team games as volleyball or something similar, also to go to nature and make food together is nice as well.

risha15
09-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Team building is always challenging if you have no experience of that before. If you are the leader or head of the team, then you have to face the most pressure. So before picking someone for the team, make sure if he is the perfect one for the position. Check their dedication level and interest in the work.

mansoor01
09-19-2019, 02:20 AM
I believe team building is the most important factor of a company to scale it and extend, you always need to hire smart people and to keep them motivated, that's what makes you a great Entrepreneur (http://ee-stone.com)

Thomas Patel
11-26-2019, 07:40 AM
I think team building can be one of the best ways to get a team to work collectively. But, at the same point, it can be helpful or harmful to the company.

yanchi0020
11-26-2019, 10:46 PM
Team building is one of the foundations of organizational development that can be applied to groups such as sports teams, school classes, military units or flight crews.

LisaRichter
12-24-2019, 04:31 AM
Oh, its really difficult question...
There are a lot of details, which you should remember. First of all (to my mind), you have to make a rule "you can do whatever you want, but your plan have to be done". There are a lot of benefits, like:
1. You dont need to worry about guys, who are always late, having dinner all the time or smoking. You dont need to control them, because the only think you need to do is to chech the plan in the end of the month. For example, its very popular in IT sphere. And its works. If i understand that everything is OK with my plan, i dont have to worry and my team lead is not stressed too.

alexsender
01-06-2020, 01:15 PM
A team with like mind is somehow hard to get most times. But the major work in making a team steam is on the team leader. To maintain cordial relationship among the member.

m2dbahrain
01-07-2020, 01:14 AM
Team building is the process of turning a group of individual contributing employees into a cohesive team. A team is a group of people organized to work together interdependently and cooperatively to meet the needs of their customers by accomplishing their purpose and goals.

Simon Lewington
01-09-2020, 08:02 PM
We found creating a Company Culture board worked well. As long as its implemented.

At Christmas we take out all of our staff, and regularly offer staff days out. We did the Races, Go-Karting etc.

Although not a Corporate Team Building exercise it builds a strong team, people get to know each other outside of work and its really helped us.

If you want to read about our Company Culture board click the link at the bottom.

https://www.printroom.co.uk/company-culture/

Simon Lewington
01-09-2020, 08:02 PM
We found creating a Company Culture board worked well. As long as its implemented.

At Christmas we take out all of our staff, and regularly offer staff days out. We did the Races, Go-Karting etc.

Although not a Corporate Team Building exercise it builds a strong team, people get to know each other outside of work and its really helped us.

If you want to read about our Company Culture board click the link at the bottom.

https://www.printroom.co.uk/company-culture/

SamuelKennedy
02-10-2020, 01:04 AM
Yes, Team Building is an essential part of every organisation. For increasing the Team, there are several activities that the organisation use to make a strong team.
Games & various other circular activities are always helpful in Team Building. Even monitoring your team member' activities by using employee monitoring software to reward them is alternative steps. Try to use this.

jacksonsamy2
11-06-2020, 06:52 AM
Team building is a collective term for various types of activities used to enhance social relations and define roles within teams, often involving collaborative tasks.

moverdubai12
11-12-2020, 03:46 AM
The reason for team building exercises is to propel your kin to cooperate, to build up their qualities, and to address any shortcomings. Thus, any team building activity ought to energize coordinated effort as opposed to rivalry. Make certain to join team building into your work environment schedules and practices.

raviseo120
11-21-2020, 10:38 AM
thanks for sharing with us

lishmaliny
04-23-2021, 06:50 AM
Give your team members ownership.
Set communication expectations.
Know your team members strengths and weaknesses.
Incorporate some team-building exercises.
Employ project management software.
Good work environment.
Give them incentives.
Get out of the way.

RaniaRanii3
04-27-2021, 01:29 PM
Group building is the way toward transforming a gathering of individual contributing representatives into a firm group—a gathering of individuals coordinated to cooperate to address the issues of their clients by achieving their motivation and objectives. Become familiar with powerful strategies for group building and exercises you can utilize.

lishmaliny
05-03-2021, 09:38 AM
Set and track attainable goals.
Clarify roles and tasks.
Give and receive feedback.
Don't let meetings ruin your productivity.
From an adobe of idleness to a space of performance.
Enhance productivity by communicating effectively.
Bring all the projects your team's working on under one roof.
Measure everything.