PDA

View Full Version : Selling on Ebay or Amazon

tspires2
03-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Does anyone sell items online on Ebay or Amazon?

I have wonderful wholesalers and the price seems to be good, however when you combine the fees, with the costs and the postage and then trying to keep the price comparable it seems there is no profit left or not enough to really make it worth my while!

I sell in other outlets and do wonderful just wondering if other sellers feel this way or if I should give it another shot and just raise the prices to make it worth it!

coffee
03-04-2014, 01:22 PM
I've heard that many sellers are now leaving Amazon to go back to Ebay because Amazon's fees are ridiculous. I have sold on Ebay before, but not recently. They do send out emails every so often for hundreds of free listings. Ebay's reputation is "omg high fees" but from what I understand the fees are far more worth paying than trying to sell on Amazon.

What kinds of items do you sell? I may know of other venues for your products.

Jkility
03-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Well I'm selling on both platforms and to be honest, both platforms prices are ridiculous but to be honest they can get away with it because who else are we going to go to to sell our products online....

firelily99
03-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Up until now I have had no need to sell on EBay or Amazon but I am reaching a point that I may start doing it. I need to do more research about both sites as far as cost, restrictions, etc. before I make the jump. If the price is too steep I may not make the jump to either one of them.

gadgetised
03-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I used to sell on Ebay. It was a profitable venture. I stopped because it was very time consuming keeping up with stock and orders. But if you have the time and the right products, you can make a lot of money.

tspires2
03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
I normally sell clothing and you are all correct there is a lot of money to be made on eBay and Amazon both. I have always done better with eBay but it could be the type of products I was selling. I am looking to get back started with the auction format and just wasn't sure if there was a better option!

Gmac9100
03-06-2014, 06:49 PM
they both have their pros, and cons. Ebay is good because of it's popularity. Ebay has a endless number of users, but their seller fees are ridiculously high. Amazon is the better service. The only problem is Amazon has a lot less users than Ebay. I would recommend you use Amazon because the fees are cheaper.

bonnieanna1986
03-07-2014, 03:03 AM
I have sold on both and had great experiences (knock on wood) I would say that the simplicity of Amazon is most enticing and they're definitely the go-to place for selling books and movies. eBay is best for specialty items. Collectors usually seem willing to pay more for a listing with great pictures showing the impeccable condition of an item. They both have their ups and downs, in recent years eBay has become more of a pain because of the combination of eBay and Paypal fees. Craigslist and Etsy are also worth consideration.

mikelouis
03-07-2014, 03:29 AM
I think both of them enjoy a fair share of market share but most people tend to like eBay since it has not so many strict policies and you can make sales easily also. I would recommend you read more reviews about the two sites before you can decide which to use.

fredkawig
03-07-2014, 08:09 AM
E-bay is such a piece of crap website. You won't get profits, the customers don't get satisfied. Only the company itself will take all the money supposed to be distributed evenly between the customer and the seller. E-bay is a middleman and a scammer website that has no care for customer satisfaction. I will never use that site ever since I got scammed of my hard earned money.

Eagles910
03-07-2014, 08:15 AM
E-bay is such a piece of crap website. You won't get profits, the customers don't get satisfied. Only the company itself will take all the money supposed to be distributed evenly between the customer and the seller. E-bay is a middleman and a scammer website that has no care for customer satisfaction. I will never use that site ever since I got scammed of my hard earned money.

I wouldn't go this far, but this does seem to be a common opinion. I don't think Ebay is that bad. You just have to be careful who you do business with, and make sure to document everything. Because buyers have been known to charge back. Make sure to take your money out of Paypal as soon as you receive it.

wander_n_wonder
03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Does anyone sell items online on Ebay or Amazon?

I have wonderful wholesalers and the price seems to be good, however when you combine the fees, with the costs and the postage and then trying to keep the price comparable it seems there is no profit left or not enough to really make it worth my while!

I sell in other outlets and do wonderful just wondering if other sellers feel this way or if I should give it another shot and just raise the prices to make it worth it!

I tried eBay for quite some time but I think overall, it just consumes too much time yet I do not get that much profit from it. Just uploading products on eBay takes so much time and if you are not well-versed with their system, you will realize eventually that you would have to pay some fees. That's what got me really turned off. The layout was a mess and there seems to be a lot of hidden charges everywhere. I think not too many people use eBay as well, especially for apparels like shoes and bags. I only sold one item there for a period of 2 months. It's really not worth my time.

SteakTartare
03-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I sell on both, both for business and personal reasons. However, neither are, in my opinion, as good as they were back in the day for moving items. Between the fees and other nonsense, the profit margin, with few exception, isn't particularly high. I still dump excess stock and/or surplus out times through them, of course, because a little green is better than otherwise worthless equipment. Still, its not a huge factor in the equation these days. YMMV.

Gmac9100
03-07-2014, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't go this far, but this does seem to be a common opinion. I don't think Ebay is that bad. You just have to be careful who you do business with, and make sure to document everything. Because buyers have been known to charge back. Make sure to take your money out of Paypal as soon as you receive it.

You are spot on. I think that guy is exaggerating a bit. maybe he had a very bad experience with Ebay, and he is basing his opinion from that one occurrence. Ebay is not the best site in the worls, but they are certainly not a waste of time. there is money to be made there. But know what you are getting into first.

eppie
03-08-2014, 03:51 AM
I normally sell clothing and you are all correct there is a lot of money to be made on eBay and Amazon both. I have always done better with eBay but it could be the type of products I was selling. I am looking to get back started with the auction format and just wasn't sure if there was a better option!

I hope you'll have time to create a separate topic and share how you did it. I know a lot of members will be interested in knowing how to sell using Ebay and Amazon (me included). Right now I'm looking at AliExpress' affiliate program but I kept on encountering Amazon again and again during my research. :D

onchannel
03-17-2014, 04:57 AM
it really depends on the type of niche your products are being advertised. for an movie niche website, i use amazon instant video products and converts pretty good.

Lithium
03-18-2014, 11:12 AM
My uncle sells ancient items on ebay and he makes some money of it. It's profitable, but remember to offer good quality services!

Eagles910
03-18-2014, 02:20 PM
You are spot on. I think that guy is exaggerating a bit. maybe he had a very bad experience with Ebay, and he is basing his opinion from that one occurrence. Ebay is not the best site in the worls, but they are certainly not a waste of time. there is money to be made there. But know what you are getting into first.

Right. If Ebay was just a scam it would surely be shut down by now. It is a business just like any other, and some times you win. Other times you lose. The trick is to learn the game. You will lose less often.

lizzief79
03-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I used to design and create jewelry, tiaras and fascinators and sell them on eBay. I also sold jewelry items I bought wholesale. It didn't really work out that well for me. The handmade items were more expensive because of the materials used. By the time you add on all the fees and everything, I had to price items much lower than their true value based on the amount of work they had taken just to get sales. As they were more expensive they didn't attract people in the same way that the cheaper manufactured goods I was selling did. Fees always took a large percentage of the selling price and I never really turned a profit on eBay.

Eagles910
03-19-2014, 07:58 PM
I used to design and create jewelry, tiaras and fascinators and sell them on eBay. I also sold jewelry items I bought wholesale. It didn't really work out that well for me. The handmade items were more expensive because of the materials used. By the time you add on all the fees and everything, I had to price items much lower than their true value based on the amount of work they had taken just to get sales. As they were more expensive they didn't attract people in the same way that the cheaper manufactured goods I was selling did. Fees always took a large percentage of the selling price and I never really turned a profit on eBay.

I think that is a result of a bad product. I know a lot of people who make amazing profit on Ebay. I personally use Amazon, but i have heard a lot of success stories.

Gmac9100
03-19-2014, 08:23 PM
I think that is a result of a bad product. I know a lot of people who make amazing profit on Ebay. I personally use Amazon, but i have heard a lot of success stories.

You are spot on. There is tons of money to be made on Ebay if you are offering a good product. Do not blame Ebay because your product is bad.

Elina Ding
03-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Yeah ,our company also do e-commerce,we also use the both platforms such as the alibaba,made-in-china,global source,it seems the alibaba works well ,our main product are the Android tablet and smart phones ,i wish one day i can be my own boss,waiting for it.

Elina Ding
www.topitshopping.com

Taru
03-20-2014, 07:00 AM
I sell on Ebay, and the rule I have for acquiring products to sell is to get them for less than half the retail cost so I could still have substantial profits even after all the expenses. I think it can work, but it does require a lot of planning and calculation. As for other sites, I've never utilized any other ones, so I really can't speak for those, but my experience at Ebay has been fairly pleasant.

gadgetised
03-20-2014, 07:50 AM
The only problem I have with eBay is the seller fees. They can get quite high and take away from profits.

jewelrystore
11-13-2015, 06:52 AM
We uses ebay , but its really time consuming and need to restart the bid after every one week. Amazon we are trying to do so.

Malik Suleman
11-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Up until now I have had no need to sell on EBay or Amazon but I am reaching a point that I may start doing it. I need to do more research about both sites as far as cost, restrictions, etc. before I make the jump. If the price is too steep I may not make the jump to either one of them.

yeah agree with you sir

C3H19
02-03-2019, 05:34 PM
http://MyWorkingHour.com/?userid=627172

theappealguru
04-26-2019, 05:21 AM
The marketplace has become more and more competitive. Once youíre on Amazon, youíve to put a lot of work to sell your products. Itís difficult to make sure that your items are found and bought by customers.

Tips to improve sale for amazon seller account:

Optimize Product Details for Search
Stay competitive and win the Buy Box
Get Reviews
Launch with promotions
Make Customer Service a Top Priority
Consider Using Fulfillment by Amazon

To have detail for suspension appeal and enable amazon account we should contact a partner who helps us. The Appeal Guru provides the best Amazon seller support at affordable rates.

RosalindaSmith
07-20-2020, 05:08 PM
These are very useful and ready to buy in shops. But my choice is Aliexpress. I find there so many interesting items. And it is the first assistant in the area. It is my favorite one.

FarrukhBukhari1
07-20-2020, 10:52 PM
Amazon has provision for Professional and Individual accounts. On average, eBay sellers retain more profit than those on Amazon. A flat fee of $0.30 is inclusive for insertion fees and final value fee includes 10% of the sale for most product categories as against 15% on Amazon.

monica8297
11-16-2020, 02:35 AM
I think you are absolutely right to this matter.

jiokbc
11-17-2020, 12:55 AM
Beginning a Home-based Business May Be Easier Than You Think. Many locally situated organizations you can begin with almost no cash and next to no experience.

KBC Head office Whatsapp Number Mumbai
(https://kbcofficialwinners.com/)

jiokbc
11-17-2020, 12:57 AM
Beginning a Home-based Business May Be Easier Than You Think. Many locally situated organizations you can begin with almost no cash and next to no experience.

jiokbc
11-17-2020, 01:35 AM

trisy
11-23-2020, 07:58 AM
I had experience selling my products on eBay and Amazon when I was just starting my business.
At first, it also seemed to me that the possible price on these sites would be okay for me. But when I calculated what tax and how much I have to pay for delivery, my profit was very small.
But I had no other options, so I tried to sell there.
But over time, I left, created my own website, went to Instagram, and my income has increased since then.

myaccountinglab
12-08-2020, 06:20 AM
I am a bookkeeper and specialized in E-commerce business Bookkeeping. I have worked for many Amazon businesses. But in my last 10 years of experience. I just worked for one eBay business. So most people are dealing with Amazon business. Base on my experience, Amazon is a better business than eBay. Both are multi-vendor program but Amazon is best one

myaccountinglab
12-23-2020, 10:02 AM
I am not selling on Amazon or eBay. But I am doing bookkeeping for Amazon Sellers. There are earning too much. It is a really good business and I am planning to start it. As i will start, I will update you that I have started selling

Helen777
12-26-2020, 12:09 PM
Amazon and eBay are definitely the best places to sell higher-priced/popular/sold out items as it doesn’t take too long to sell.
I've been using these services for more than two years. Here are some tips for those people who are going to start selling there^
- if you’re doing auctions, start bidding at exactly the price you’d like your item to go for so you don’t lose out;
- for Buy it Now, accept offers but turn on ‘auto decline’ so you don’t have to waste time haggling with buyers offering much less than your item is worth;
- take pictures of everything and be clear in your description. There shouldn’t be any reason for return requests, as the buyer will know exactly what they’ll be getting;
- if you worry about meeting Amazon/eBay requirements, work with the services like the FBA Prep Center https://thefbaprep.com/FBA-Prep-Center that make sure that inspection, packing, labeling, and shipping match the standards.

ConnorVaughan
07-23-2021, 04:55 AM
It would be best if you had substantial capital and an excellent product to sell.
Usually, Amazon offers the statistics of their top sold products, and if not, you can find them online. Before starting selling on Amazon, make sure that you will study statistics and make the right investment choice.
I love Amazon, and as a customer, I can say that I am ordering a lot of stuff there, recently I got this product https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Headlamp-Flashlight-Headlight-Headlamps/dp/B07ZWK5QKM, and if you will check the statistics, it's getting sold pretty good.