PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Garage Sales

tspires2
03-05-2014, 08:10 AM
I am not sure if the Facebook Garage Sales are all over the US or not but here this is a major new thing! Anything and everything you are looking to sell is listed there! It is completely free to use and you can even create a page or group to promote your business.

Is this something you have tried or had success with?
Would love to hear any stories!

coffee
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Interesting. I've heard of them here in the US, but I never took a look. It wouldn't work for my business. People seem to check those out for free or cheap bargains.

cpefley
03-05-2014, 05:41 PM
These are about everywhere. They are groups where people in a certain community join a group and sell items. It is great. I have found some deals and also sold on there. Much better than Craigslist, because it is not anonymous. You can see who you are dealing with.

LindaKay
03-05-2014, 06:22 PM
They are everywhere around here. There are separate ones for cars, name brand clothing, baby/kid stuff, etc., plus there are general ones with lots of things. I'm definitely a fan; you can find a lot of cool stuff.

alec
03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
While I do use Facebook to promote my company I didn't use the Facebook Garage Sales yet. Honestly I got used to the bigger sites that offer goods like Ebay and I continued using those. But I have to agree that Facebook pages are safer for buyers. Knowing the identity of the seller tends to keep things more honest.

Great opportunity for those that make an income by selling online though! With Facebook they can reach an even wider audience.

Taru
03-21-2014, 03:04 AM
A few of my colleagues do use this, but I personally haven't used it myself - either buying or selling. They seem to be having a good amount of success on it, though, and they aren't even just selling second hand or cheap things and instead they are selling actual retail products like women's bags. I agree with alec, it appeals to the certain individuals who might prefer seeing the personal accounts of their sellers or just ones who don't care to venture out of Facebook anymore.

eppie
03-24-2014, 09:15 AM
Facebook garage sales :confused: .. I believe it's not yet popular where I came from. Most sellers here still prefer to sell their items (both new and used items) in regular online classified ads sites. Though I'm only talking about my own FB network, not really sure if it's already happening in other FB pages/accounts. :D

Lithium
03-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Seems like a good idea. Too bad it isn't available in my region.

TomRalphio
03-28-2014, 01:32 PM
That's really interesting! I've never heard of these before but I think it might just be a super easy way to go about selling your stuff. It definitely beats the craiglist model.

firelily99
03-28-2014, 01:59 PM
I haven't heard of this before but it seems like a good idea, especially if you have a lot of things that you want to sell or you can do it with a group. I'll have to check it out now that I have finally heard of it.

Athenagdlyt
03-29-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm a member of a few of these garage sale pages because I like to hunt for good bargains. What I like about these pages is that items and sellers are easier to find by locality and you can deal with them in an almost real-time situation. You'll be dealing with sellers who most likely have a real facebook account and you'll be dealing with a real person (most possibly). I have bought a few items, particularly used gadgets from these facebook garage sale pages. The only risk is the warranty. Since the items are sold as-is and are mostly used, a little savvy buying skill is needed when negotiating.

dezibooluvsyou
04-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Facebook yard sale groups are very popular in the United States, people use it to sell their crafts, things they don't need, or to give something away for free. I like it a lot better than selling on ebay because you don't have to pay a fee or anything to sell your items.

Strykstar
04-04-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm participating in a few of these pages, both a local level and at a national level.
I have sold a couple of things myself, but I mostly like to browse through what people are selling on there.