PDA

View Full Version : Are the other social medias good for advertising too?

Lithium
03-05-2014, 11:35 AM
I've seen some people that were advertising their business through myspace and hi5. Is it worth it? Or are they already dead social medias?

coffee
03-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I've never heard of hi5. I ditched myspace a long time ago. I think it's a music community now? It depends on your target market. If they are the types to use these sites then they could prove to be very worthwhile.

LindaKay
03-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Myspace is dead right now. Justin Timberlake has been trying to bring it back as a music community, but I'm not sure how well it'll take off...we'll see. I've never even heard of Hi5. Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram...that's where your focus should be. If you have extra time, you can always try the other sites that you're talking about, but I would put more of an effort into the popular sites.

Eagles910
03-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Nobody has used Myspace since 2009. Myspace i definitely not worth your time. Besides . If Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube haven't worked for you. You might as well give up. Everybody uses those sites, so they should be sufficient. You are never going to find a better audience then those.

angelicagapit
03-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't suggest those two sites at all. The last time I went on MySpace was about 6 or 7 years ago. I haven't even heard of Hi-5 and apparently other people in this forum haven't as well. This clearly states that people don't really go on these sites, so you'd practically be advertising to no one. It's a waste of time, effort, and again, TIME.

Promote your business on useful social networking sites, the ones people actually use today and get rid of accounts on outdated sites such as Hi-5 and MySpace.

fredkawig
03-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Every social media is a good way to advertise for free. Facebook, Twitter and even those things you don't really know about. As long as people see your post and are interested since they are in your locality, people will always appreciate the ad and consider it.

Lithium
03-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I'm not saying they haven't worked for me. I simply want to expand my business so that there can be many people viewing it. I might lose a few potential customers if I don't use myspace or hi5, who knows?

eppie
03-08-2014, 03:20 AM
I've seen some people that were advertising their business through myspace and hi5. Is it worth it? Or are they already dead social medias?

I think it still worth it but only if they still have considerable active number of members. And just like what coffee said, it depends on your target market. Because some social medias have a unique type of following like Linkedin and Pinterest. :)

mikelouis
03-08-2014, 03:46 AM
I normally consider Facebook to be the best but the statistics are changing. Some people are now preferring to use Twitter as their marketing tool as it is more interactive and real time than Facebook.

Lithium
03-08-2014, 01:11 PM
LinkedIn seems quite good to me.

pahagwl
03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
In my opinion, you could advertise your product or service on MySpace . But I would recommend you to also advertise your product on popular social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. This is due to the reason that a lot of traffic goes through these sites daily. And it is on these sites that your product can receive the amount of exposure it requires.

jubvman
03-09-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm not saying they haven't worked for me. I simply want to expand my business so that there can be many people viewing it. I might lose a few potential customers if I don't use myspace or hi5, who knows?

It depends on how valuable your time is. Do you think this is the best thing you could do to reach more customers? Maybe doing some SEO for your site or going down the paid-advertisement route would yield better results.

Do what you think is best for your audience, and then scale it up.

Lithium
03-09-2014, 04:37 AM
That means that I need to try facebook, twitter and LinkedIn.

nicholeturner
03-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Yes definitely social media is a good source of promoting your business, this will definitely help you a lot to market your business world wide.

albertj786
03-11-2014, 01:41 AM
yes the other social media are good to advertising of your site by this links will be increase and different people can be visit your site it's a good way to increase traffic on your website

AB9100
03-28-2014, 03:22 PM

I don't know why someone would advertise their business on Myspace. Myspace has been dead fro years. No one uses it anymore.

In my opinion the only social media site that is worth your time is YouTube. Simply because YouTube does not place any limits on your advertisements, You can make all the videos, and post all the links you want. With no restrictions, or fear of being banned.

This is not the case with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They ban you for any infractions. I got banned on Twitter for following 50 people in one day. How can you possibly expect to advertise when you can't even follow. Facebook, and Instagram are the same way. I think the social media marketing niche is slowly becoming extinct.

owesem75
03-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Other social media, for as long as there are huge network of people is GOOD for Advertising. So regardless of the name, I think other social media (with big audience) is indeed good for advertising too!

Marjorie S. Steinberg
03-29-2014, 02:24 AM
Other social media's that are good for advertising are as follows -
Linkdin.
Myspace
dailymotion
YouTube.

theropes101
03-29-2014, 02:58 AM
yes. of course. Heard about facebook marketing? It's very in demand nowadays. :)

Lithium
03-29-2014, 10:47 AM
But MySpace has a better layout than FB!

ElvisPresley
03-29-2014, 11:54 AM
The only way that you'll ever be able to find out is to try. I always hear people say that something doesn't work, but when you ask them what they did to experiment they'll usually say that they heard it from someone else.

Athenagdlyt
03-29-2014, 09:44 PM
Facebook and Google Plus would be the top choices for advertising your business for free due to their large number of users. I found it very effective creating a facebook page with regular updates. It also helps to join other facebook groups of similar interests. Active interaction will get you and your business to be noticed. What's even better is that you can easily advertise to your target your market depending on the locality of your business operation.

Lithium
03-30-2014, 01:42 AM
I don't think Google Plus is that good as it seems for marketing.

dennisetan
09-17-2015, 10:49 PM
I see that this question was posted last year, I don't mind. I'll answer it anyway.
There are a lot of social media platforms that are good for marketing your business aside from Facebook. Facebook is very useful because of the volume of its subscribers and how organized it is when it comes to pages and hashtags. But if you're asking what other social media platforms are good for business, try setting up an Instagram and Pinterest account. They're convenient to use for posting pictures of services/products because they are made especially for pictures. You can also try setting up a LinkedIn account.

aaabright
09-26-2015, 02:47 AM
You need to research which social media is famous these days, is it used by your target audience or not. Check these points and select those social media for your advertisement. Facebook and LinkedIn are most growing social media for use.

Grulein
09-28-2015, 01:40 AM
Hi.My name is Adeline. I just joined this forum.etui cuir iPhone 6s (http://www.coquegsm.com/category-accessoires-iphone-6s-46.html) housse iPhone 6s (http://www.coquegsm.com/category-accessoires-iphone-6s-46.html)

Blantonmicheal
04-06-2016, 07:04 AM

i not know about the hi5 but yes you can promote your entertainment related business in myspace.

Sanjay Sawant
04-13-2016, 04:46 AM
Try to choose your social platform as per your industry standards. Every industry is not meant for social media platform. For example: If you are running a ecommerce fashion store, try to promote products on facebook, pinterest, instagram etc where end user can see your product and take actions accordingly. If you are a local dentist, it better to promote the service in platforms such as Google Adword and facebook, rather than promoting in pinterest and other pictures related platforms.

HannahPolimentor
04-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Totally agree with you. Also besides social networks we can to attract clients with help a SEO and Google Adwords (Google Display Network) etc.

If someone want to have consultation or promote site or products call me in skype (naa.polimentor). I can help you!!

HannahPolimentor
04-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Totally agree with you. It is realy good method! Also besides social networks we can to attract clients with help a SEO and Google Adwords (Google Display Network) etc.

If someone want to have consultation or promote site or products call me in skype (naa.polimentor). I can help you!!

zayvonjohnson
05-07-2016, 10:21 PM
As the owner of a Digital Marketing Agency myself, why not just invest in a booming market that will get you in-front of a larger audience for your $$$?

ronniewill
05-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Yes there are other social media channels for promoting your website.

Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest.

James S
06-24-2016, 12:29 AM
I like and prefer Twitter.
I find it fast and easy to use, and you can add just a snippet of information, with a link to the full article on your site.

sharansingh
07-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Yes it is.Social media is a good source for advertising your business specially Facebook and twitter.

chinomoreno
07-19-2016, 01:48 AM
They are probably taking advantage of free advertising on the said social media.
I doubt if those are still moderated, unlike top social media sites like facebook.

MediaSeekers
08-14-2016, 05:45 PM
I was searching the web and found a great site called Media Seekers www.mediaseekers.com

It's a niche job board connecting business with social media professionals and social media pros with top companies.

It works too! A friend of mine found a job using that site!

Everyone should check it out! www.MediaSeekers.com

earl92
03-22-2017, 05:27 AM
hi5 and myspace trying to back in previous position but they will take time just look at famous social media chennals and pick the best one's for you.

andrew2510
03-23-2018, 07:51 PM
I don't know about 57 ways, but one very well known is cold calling which is very useful. Cold calling is bit irritating but if you have convincing power you can convert leads. You can get got quality data rather contact details through many business tools available, some of which i have been through and feel good are,

ayoubafandy
03-27-2018, 08:48 AM
sur, we can't find some people in facebook and twitter and .... , We have to look for them elsewhere

leopackers
03-27-2018, 09:37 AM
yes, Social media is best way to promote our product and services. you can easily build a traffic through facebook and any other media.

UnrivaledReview
04-24-2018, 03:54 AM
Ultimately you want to use the Social Media site(s) where your audience is.
This could be completely different for different businesses and depends entirely on your industry or niche.
Having said that one of the central reasons why Facebook is so effective is because:
1) it has an incredibly large user base - with over 2.2 billion
2) You can target and niche down on your audience through Facebook advertising easily and effectively.

eBizAdvisers
06-01-2018, 07:44 AM
Every social media is a good way to advertise for free.

lishmaliny
02-03-2020, 06:23 AM
Different social media channels help you reach specific audiences. Another benefit of social media marketing is that you are able to strategically target different audiences based on the channels that your brand is active on.

lishmaliny
02-14-2020, 06:10 AM
Benefits Of Advertising Through Social Media Include: Grow your sales and your fanbase. Use customer-generated content for ads (which perform better, too!). Better target net-new and returning customers (so you waste less money). A/B test on the fly, using platform analytics to determine winners.

lishmaliny
02-17-2020, 07:11 AM
Benefits Of Advertising Through Social Media Include: Grow your sales and your fanbase. Use customer-generated content for ads. Better target net-new and returning customers. A/B test on the fly, using platform analytics to determine winners.

lishmaliny
02-25-2020, 05:02 AM
Social media advertising allows you to target and retarget ideal consumers. With sophisticated targeting capabilities, social media platforms like Facebook help you target your ideal buyers, which allows you to drive more relevant traffic to your site. This is the best way to get the most out of your marketing spend.

Geetha john
11-10-2020, 12:07 AM
These are the best places to invest your ad money right now.
Facebook.
Instagram.
Twitter.
Pinterest.
LinkedIn.
Snapchat.

trisy
11-13-2020, 05:45 AM
You need to decide which social network is best for your business. You just need to enable logic. Designer toys should not be promoted through linkedin, and for a tonometer, an Instagram page will also not be the best solution.
I think you need to start with Facebook. This is the most universal social network for all businesses.
You can also promote any business on YouTube. Especially if you have something to show and tell your audience.
If you have a visually good product, you can try Pinterest. It is suitable for designers, beauty salons, wedding organizers, decorators, etc.

ishusri
11-18-2020, 06:58 AM
Hearing Aid Centre in Chennai | Hearing Clinic | Denoc Hearing
Denoc hearing aid centre in Chennai- Hearing clinic suggests hearing aid products after consultation at kodambakkam, alwarpet ,mylapore, TNagar.
CONTACT INFO
G7 & G14, Eldorado Building,
No.112, Uthamar Gandhi Salai,
(Nungambakkam High Road),
Nungambakkam, Chennai -600 034,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91 44 2823 7272
Mobile: +91-99400 27141 / +91-99400 37141
Web: www.denochearing.com

Geethan
11-19-2020, 12:08 AM
Social media is the place where we interact with one another so for fun, information and business. So if I do see something which is interesting i might share it with my friends for sure which creates much more reach than normal.

So on social media people are there to see something innovative, funny or creative and unless our advertisement is not in the same manner, we cannot perform well altogether.

So to create interaction and awareness about your product we need to use social media for advertising for sure.

ishusri
11-19-2020, 05:49 AM
Resorts in Pollachi | Sakthi Resorts | Pollachi Resorts
Its the time to explore the trust worthy resorts in pollachi. Feel free to book us.
SAKTHI RIVER RESORTS INDIA PVT LTD - Registered Address

144 coimbatore main road

pollachi, Tamilnadu

Tel :04259 253865, 253765, 253665, 253565

Mob : +91 8012255645

Email : sakthiresorts@yahoo.com

SAKTHI RIVER RESORTS INDIA PVT LTD

10th km , Opp to Subbe gounden pudur pirivu,

Meenkarai Road , Trissur Highway , Pollachi.

Tel :04259 253865, 253765, 253665, 253565

Mob : +91 8012255645

Email : sakthiresorts@yahoo.com

FOR RESERVATIONS :
reservations.sakthiresorts@gmail.com

FOR PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES :
marketing.sakthiresorts@gmail.com

brisbanecashcar
11-19-2020, 06:49 AM
Famous Social Media Platforms are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and WhatsApp, Messenger.

Geethan
11-21-2020, 12:28 AM
Business owners have figured out that social media advertising has a very positive ... Another great thing about it is that you can Target your audience

Muthuraj
11-21-2020, 01:56 AM
I think Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest are the best social media platform for advertising. I don't think Hi5 and Myspace are best for marketing.

Geethan
11-23-2020, 12:29 AM
Social Media advertising is very useful if you are planning to promote your business online. There are many great platforms that help to advertise your service