PDA

View Full Version : Two Separate Businesses

KT23
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Hello,

I have a newly created LLC to put all my online and offline ventures in, mainly my blog and my freelance work. However, I would like to also start a tech start-up around an idea I can't shake. I was going to also put this under my LLC and do a DBA, but I may want a tech co-founder as well as potentially investors, especially if the idea grows into something.

So now I am thinking I shouldn't put it under my LLC, especially if it grows (quickly). Should I just make a s-corp (or another company) from the get go and not do a DBA under my LLC? I don't want to lose my blog and other revenue if my start up doesn't go well. However, money is pretty tight at the moment, so if it's not necessary....

Thoughts?

taxcpa
08-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Separate businesses have separate risks. They should always be kept separate. Creating and LLC or corporation is not that expensive and well worth the money. Entities are creatures of state law and you can do it yourself on many state websites for just the filing fee. Some state have forms you print out and mail in, other allow you to submit right on their site.

Malik Suleman
12-22-2015, 02:13 PM
online business have many risks

KENZAdvertising2
04-08-2021, 10:49 PM
KENZ Advertising offers the most straightforward online media the executive’s crusades! Is your image socially alive? Does it have a palatable and powerful web-based media presence? In the event that the arrangement is "No", at that point you have arrived at the appropriate spot. We, at KENZ Advertising, produce genuine eye-getting viral lobbies for business brands to get to clients across the world via online media with the corporate. Furthermore, there's little inquiry that viral mission matters tons as this acquires brands and items spotlight.