PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest way to make lawn signs

jdlhomeandindustrial
03-13-2014, 10:14 AM
I own a small contracting business and one of the most effective ways I advertise some of our less technical activities is through the use of lawn/road signs. Road signs can be fairly expensive when I get them professionally made so I started making them about 3yrs ago and came up with a way to make very good looking signs for about 25 cents a piece (depending on where you buy the supplies).

Thing you will need.
glue, paint roller, corrugated plastic sheets, computer, can of clear spray paint,sink or tub.

steps.
1.design a sign on your computer and get them printed off at a cheap print shop on regular large format paper for cheap.
2.cut corrugated plastic sheet to size
3.use your sink or a small bucket and fill it about 2''-3'' with water.
4.fill a small pan with white contractor glue.
5.roll glue onto pre-cut piece of corrugated plastic sheet
6.lightly dip underside of paper sign print-off into water bath and apply to corrugated sheet(smooth out with hands or squeegee.
7.let dry for a few hours.
8.(most important step) spray dry sign with clear spray paint to make sign water tight and weather proof.

I hope this helps anyone out that needs to make good looking signs for dirt cheap.

kcareconnections
03-20-2014, 09:36 PM
This is actually a really good idea. It sounds like a very good way to make effective signs. I am not very autistic and so I don't know how they would turn out for me.

gadgetised
03-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Pretty good idea. Signage is actually really expensive to get made.

caparica007
03-21-2014, 04:33 AM
In fact, great idea, those signs will probably look great. Even so, you don't need a permit or pay a license to use signs by the road?

fredkawig
03-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Yeah. Actually paper would do the job the cheapest, some used paper or cardboard, recycled materials which cost 0$.

alec
03-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Cheap and simple, I like it! I'm guessing the start is kinda hard, the first few signs are going to come out a little off until you get the hang of it. But is it legal? You made it sound like you spread them all over the place as business advertising. Don't you need some sort of permit?

By the way. If you lack resources another option would be to stencil things on pieces of wood or other materials.

AB9100
03-28-2014, 03:12 PM
I own a small contracting business and one of the most effective ways I advertise some of our less technical activities is through the use of lawn/road signs. Road signs can be fairly expensive when I get them professionally made so I started making them about 3yrs ago and came up with a way to make very good looking signs for about 25 cents a piece (depending on where you buy the supplies).

Thing you will need.
glue, paint roller, corrugated plastic sheets, computer, can of clear spray paint,sink or tub.

steps.
1.design a sign on your computer and get them printed off at a cheap print shop on regular large format paper for cheap.
2.cut corrugated plastic sheet to size
3.use your sink or a small bucket and fill it about 2''-3'' with water.
4.fill a small pan with white contractor glue.
5.roll glue onto pre-cut piece of corrugated plastic sheet
6.lightly dip underside of paper sign print-off into water bath and apply to corrugated sheet(smooth out with hands or squeegee.
7.let dry for a few hours.
8.(most important step) spray dry sign with clear spray paint to make sign water tight and weather proof.

I hope this helps anyone out that needs to make good looking signs for dirt cheap.

This is a good idea, and i do it too.

However. Making the signs are the easy part. The challenging part is going to be finding people who are willing to let you post your sign on their property. This is a problem that i did not consider when i purchased the my signs. I bought more signs than i was able to post. People are very particular about these things. They will bluntly tell you no. All you can do is keep trying until you fin someone who will.

Brace yourself, because it is going to be a frustrating experience.

jdlhomeandindustrial
05-08-2014, 10:09 PM
I live in Calgary, Canada, so we are allowed to put them all over the city except for major roads or in front of traffic signs. for a quick video check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5GU-UurTs
Most important thing to remember is to use a quality water based glue or else the paper wont stick as good.

printer
10-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Great idea.i appreciate it and all the best for your business.

paul177
07-18-2017, 07:30 AM
Its good. You won't believe how many people uses it. But lack the designing skills. Make sure to read some tips to design a signage that really works. It will help sure

Brownii
06-23-2020, 07:25 AM
In my opinion, a weed eater is a very important part of our garden. First of all, we make our lawn look nice. This is very important when some guests decided to visit your house and they will definitely pay attention to your garden first. So, you should be ready and know how to Trim That Weed (https://trimthatweed.com/) in a right way.

katietalbot1
06-27-2020, 03:24 AM
When we specifically talk about academic assignment help, the topics are given whether it be theoretical or numerical. Every time, it is not possible for a student to be punctual in delivering assignments by crazy for study (https://www.crazyforstudy.com/).

valluri
06-28-2020, 10:23 PM
Step 1: Choose the Size and Quantity of Yard Signs (per artwork file) We have the most common yard sign sizes available in the drop down menu. ...
Step 2: Choose the Yard Sign Options. ...
Step 3: Choose your Design Method.

jayam
06-28-2020, 10:27 PM
Signs come in various shapes and sizes, but are most often rectangular and between 12 and 40 inches on each side.

brookeroberts7
06-30-2020, 12:38 AM
To confirm that a CPA has an active license, you may contact the State Board of Accountancy where the individual obtained his or her license. This list of state contact information will help you connect. In addition, you can use the NASBA CPA Verify tool.

Wepsychic3
06-30-2020, 09:17 PM
Step 1: Choose the Size and Quantity of Yard Signs (per artwork file) We have the most common yard sign sizes available in the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Choose the Yard Sign Options.
Step 3: Choose your Design Method.

Brownii
10-06-2020, 10:20 PM
Guys, how can I improve my allotment besides making the lawn look better? I'm thinking about getting cool solar lights for outdoor (https://www.liferejoice.com/best-outdoor-solar-lights/) actually. Do you think it can make it more beautiful? Or should I focus on, say, planting trees, improving fences and so on?

MASTERO
12-09-2020, 01:46 AM
Design the packaging in your choice of vector base design software. Then export to your vinyl cutters job processing software; most cutters now come with a ...
Keep an eye on the vinyl as it is cut, making sure the tracking (side-to-side) stays fairly straigh and doesn’t come out from under the rollers. This can be ...
Cut the finished vinyl from the roll and take it to a sufficiently large and open work surface. T

jayam12
12-18-2020, 06:02 AM
Secure the strip with hot glue. Add landscaping stakes through the strips at the bottom of each of the letters and numbers. Hold the top of the landscaping stakes so they don't slide up and push the stakes into the ground. Place the signs in the yard to surprise the birthday boy and girl!

mithu
12-18-2020, 06:07 AM
Print or write your sign on plain paper. ...
Cover the sign in clear packing tape. ...
Take your paper sign to get laminated at a laminating machine. ...
Paint a weatherproof sealant over your sign with a paintbrush. ...
Print the sign on weatherproof paper. ...
Frame your sign behind a plexiglass frame.

KENZAdvertising2
12-18-2020, 06:29 AM
PITCH YOUR BUSINESS BRAND THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA COMPANIES!
It's an age of social media. People all around the world are in phenomenal ways connected with each other on social media platforms. Social media marketing in Pakistan has opened new avenues for business brands to pitch their businesses. Currently, business brands that have adjusted to social media management tactics, have a foothold over their competitors.

Geethan
12-19-2020, 12:44 AM
Design the packaging in your choice of vector base design software. Then export to your vinyl cutters job processing software; most cutters now come with a ...
Keep an eye on the vinyl as it is cut, making sure the tracking (side-to-side) stays fairly straigh and doesn’t come out from under the rollers. This can be ...
Cut the finished vinyl from the roll and take it to a sufficiently large and open work surface.

raviseo121
12-19-2020, 02:38 AM
thanks for sharing with us

jayam12
12-31-2020, 03:07 AM
Corrugated Plastic Yard Signs - (24x18)
24 Inches Wide x 18 Inches Tall Corrugated Plastic Yard Signs - (Price per Sign)
Quantity 1 500
1 Sided / 1 Color $14.95 $1.85
2 Sided / 1 Color $17.95 $2.25
1 Sided / 2 Colors $14.95 $2.70

mithu
12-31-2020, 03:16 AM
Signs come in various shapes and sizes, but are most often rectangular and between 12 and 40 inches on each side. They are usually produced in packages that include lawn sign wires since most of these lawn signs need to be placed on a grass or dirt surface.

valluri
12-31-2020, 03:20 AM
If yard signs can win elections, they can certainly win customers for your business. Like brand mushrooms popping up on lawns, they blare the name of your company and increase your brand recognition. While yard signs can't talk with customers, they are an affordable, low maintenance way to advertise your brand 24/7.

Bigil
01-30-2021, 06:49 AM
This is actually a really good idea. It sounds like a very good way to make effective signs. I am not very autistic and so I don't know how they would turn out for me.

Geetha
02-01-2021, 12:45 AM
Cheapest way to make lawn signs. I own a small contracting business and one of the most effective ways I advertise some of our less technical

jayam12
02-02-2021, 04:07 AM
24 Inches Wide x 18 Inches Tall Corrugated Plastic Yard Signs - (Price per Sign)
Quantity 1 25
1 Sided / 1 Color $14.95 $5.90
2 Sided / 1 Color $17.95 $6.30
1 Sided / 2 Colors $14.95 $7.25

mithu
02-02-2021, 04:11 AM
Corrugated plastic yard signs are easy to order using FedEx Office® Print Online. Choose a standard size or create a custom size. Perfect for outdoor and short-term use, yard signs can be used for directional signage and may be 1 or 2-sided.

valluri
02-02-2021, 04:23 AM
Print or write your sign on plain paper. ...
Cover the sign in clear packing tape. ...
Take your paper sign to get laminated at a laminating machine. ...
Paint a weatherproof sealant over your sign with a paintbrush. ...
Print the sign on weatherproof paper. ...
Frame your sign behind a plexiglass frame.

AronLouieEderi1
02-02-2021, 04:41 AM
Business name:
Green Quality Air
Owner name:
Aron Louie Ederi
Address:
13426 Vista Bonita
San Antonio, TX, 78216
Phone:
(210) 772-1438
Keywords:
Air Duct Cleaning San Antonio

MASTERO
02-03-2021, 01:28 AM
Cheapest way to make lawn signs. I own a small contracting business and one of the most effective ways I advertise some of our less technical

OliverHoward
02-08-2021, 12:41 PM
Many men are serious about their hairstyle and for this, a trimmer is most often bought. But no matter how new or good the trimmer is, sooner or later it will be necessary to buy a new battery or batteries. But more often and best of all, buy acamulatory trimmers with a separately sold charger or complete with the trimmer itself. But it also happens that people just don’t know where and how to buy it. I also don’t know where and how to buy this stuff, but I was lucky and I found a site where here (https://homendgarden.com/best-cordless-string-trimmer) you can find out about the best trimmers, how to use them and where they are the cheapest to buy.

Nags
02-09-2021, 08:19 AM
Actually paper would do the job the cheapest, some used paper or cardboard, recycled materials which cost

bismarc123
02-28-2021, 01:10 PM
The easiest way would be to print the signs on paper and glue them to very sturdy cardboard, which you would later attach to a wooden stick, which you would insert into the ground and set firmly. My lawn also needed this manipulation, but there were so many trees near my house that I had to remove them. I usually hadn't thought about it before and didn't know anything about the subject, but my neighbor had been doing it for a while and told me about https://www.growgardener.com/best-rope-for-pulling-trees-here-are-5-best/ (https://www.growgardener.com/best-rope-for-pulling-trees-here-are-5-best/), which helped me decide on a way to get rid of the extra trees.

raviseo121
02-28-2021, 10:46 PM
thanks for sharing with us

Geetha
03-01-2021, 12:12 AM
You can make these inexpensive, DIY yard signs for: ... Determine how wide you want the lines of your letters to be. I made the lines of my letters

AdamLevi2
03-05-2021, 06:18 AM
Owner name:
Adam Levi
Address:
2833 Rutherford Way
Charleston, SC
Phone:
(843) 474-8893
URL:
https://www.kinglocksmithcharleston.com/
Business Email:
kinglocksmithcharleston@gmail.com
Keywords:
Locksmith Charleston
Description:
King Locksmith is Charleston, South Carolina’s premiere locksmith for residential, commercial, and automotive locksmith repair, maintenance, and repair services. Our team of expert lock installation, repair, and maintenance technicians have the advanced training and years of field experience necessary to provide each one of our clients locksmith service that adheres to the highest levels of professionalism, efficiency, attention-to-detail, quality, and courtesy Whether you need brand new locks installed at your property, lock repair services, master keying, key duplication, or emergency lockout services, our team of experienced technicians will provide you with custom-tailored solutions at a fair and affordable rate.
GMB link:
https://g.page/Locksmith-Charleston-SC
Business Hours:
24/7

jayam12
03-10-2021, 01:03 AM
Quantity 1 10
1 Sided / 1 Color $14.95 $10.00
2 Sided / 1 Color $17.95 $12.00
1 Sided / 2 Colors $14.95 $10.00

mithu
03-10-2021, 01:08 AM
Corrugated plastic yard signs are easy to order using FedEx Office® Print Online. Choose a standard size or create a custom size. Perfect for outdoor and short-term use, yard signs can be used for directional signage and may be 1 or 2-sided.

valluri
03-10-2021, 01:14 AM
Paper or card stock to use as template letters and numbers.
Scissors or Die cut machine.
Thick Cardboard or a Self Healing Cutting Mat (to place under the corrugated plastic while you're cutting it)
Pencil.
Corrugated Plastic Sheeting – It's like all weather plastic cardboard.

belljons
03-10-2021, 01:57 AM
Corrugated plastic yard signs are easy to order using FedEx Office® Print Online. Choose a standard size or create a custom size. Perfect for outdoor and short-term use, yard signs can be used for directional signage and may be 1 or 2-sided

Topnotchny1
03-11-2021, 01:18 AM
Top Notch Locksmith & Security is a fully licensed & insured locksmith company, covering NYC. Specializing in automotive blacksmithing, we also offer residential, as well as commercial services. Top Notch Locksmith & Security is dedicated to giving his customers the very best experience, at the absolute lowest prices! To enhance the security of your home, Top Notch Locksmith & Security offers a wide range of home locks from traditional key and knobs, deadbolts to high-security and push-button access.
Home, business and automotive lockout service in NYC is available 24-hours a day. When you have a problem with entry systems, panic bars, and lock hardware or door closures in your business, you are in danger of having your goods exploited by criminals and experiencing consequent losses.

Locksmith NYC, NYC locksmith, locksmith New York City

Top Notch Locksmith & Security
Owner name:
Roye Cohen
Address:
12 Avenue B
New York, NY

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:15 PM
The challenging part is going to be finding people who are willing to let you post your sign on their property. This is a problem that i did not consider when i purchased the my signs. I bought more signs than i was able to post. People are very particular about these things. They will bluntly tell you no. All you can do is keep trying until you fin someone who will.

jayam12
04-21-2021, 06:58 AM
Paint (spray paint or craft paint)
Bingo Markers (Dollar Tree)
Markers.
Glitter.

mithu
04-21-2021, 07:01 AM
Quantity 1 10
1 Sided / 1 Color $14.95 $10.00
2 Sided / 1 Color $17.95 $12.00
1 Sided / 2 Colors $14.95 $10.00

valluri
04-21-2021, 07:04 AM
Paper or card stock to use as template letters and numbers.
Scissors or Die cut machine.
Thick Cardboard or a Self Healing Cutting Mat (to place under the corrugated plastic while you're cutting it)
Pencil.
Corrugated Plastic Sheeting – It's like all weather plastic cardboard.

MASTERO
05-10-2021, 03:22 AM
Make a commemorative wreath to celebrate your graduate! ... How to Throw the Perfect Graduation Celebration 2012 Graduation Cupcakes. ... Add some fun to your graduation party by using these candy signs to display on your dessert table.

master007
06-08-2021, 10:57 AM

Geetha
06-09-2021, 10:53 AM
Creating Cheap Custom Yard Signs is Easy. Our design tool makes creating cheap yard signs fast and easy. This is a super cheap, cost effective way to deliver