PDA

View Full Version : New user, and questions...

A3M0N
02-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi all,

I'm a web designer / developer living in Charleston, SC. I want to do some contracting on the side, but don't know what I need to do to do this legally. Like with taxes. And do I need to file self-employment also even though its on the side of my regular job?

Eventually I want to start a business doing web design and photography, but I don't know where to start. Most likely want to form an LLC, but thats about as far as I know what I need to do.

Thanks for any information that I can get from y'all!

Later

thevampy1
05-18-2005, 04:45 PM
Hope you get some other posts of advice. Maybe look into sole proprietorship, since you won't have any employees. From what I have been told, that means you won't have to get a tax ID#, you can just use your social security number.
Good luck.
Anne

05-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi,

There is a conference call starting this week that might be a good fit for what you're doing in your life right now. Please see below for details:

Helping you to succeed working at home! If you have a homebased business and need help building it or if you would like your own homebased business and need some ideas, you are in the right place. Have Fun!
PLEASE JOIN THE GROUP CONFERENCE CALL @ 10:00PM(EST) EVERY WED NIGHT! SEE MESSAGE BOARD FOR DETAILS.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristiansAboutBusiness/

pandandesign
01-25-2014, 04:15 PM
You can do the designing and photography as an independent worker, which you can then file the tax on your own. I have a customers who does photography and he works as an independent contractor, whom he just files tax by himself. I think if you start an LLC, then you have to set up a company or a business that states your kind of work such as designing and photography. You might have to check out the state department to find out about this.

RickGrantham
01-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Hope you get some other posts of advice. Maybe look into sole proprietorship, since you won't have any employees. From what I have been told, that means you won't have to get a tax ID#, you can just use your social security number.
Good luck.
Anne

I am not a lawyer --- but I agree with Anne. It sounds like it is just a side gig right now. In Florida it cost me like $30 or $50 to register a fictitious name. You can then take the fictitious name documents to the bank to set up a bank account. This will be important as you will want to keep you business and personal records separate.

If you are deciding on a corporation, it is usually best to get an accountant involved for advice on which type or corporation makes the most sense LLC, S-Corp, etc.

Rick

CSomm
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM
I think we've pretty much covered your two main options. For tax purposes, you may A) fill out an independent contractor 1099 every year detailing your profits and paying tax on it, or B) set up a sole proprietorship company that pays tax on your business ventures. Which one is better? That's not something we could tell you in a forum, since it's very specific to your personal requirements. Look into both!

forumsite
08-05-2014, 04:04 AM
You should check the rules of the government of your country.

addy00
11-27-2015, 11:22 PM
I just love your forum.Thanks for posting it. Chartered accountant firms in Lahore (http://www.zahidjamilco.com/)
it have something that someone comeback againthere is a lot of useful information a person can get from here…
I must say,Chartered accountant firms in Faisalabad (http://www.zahidjamilco.com/)
well doneA good forum with great discussion and a good users,which contribute in the forum

Jackie Chan
11-29-2015, 09:17 AM
Yeah if he knows all the rules that will be very helpful for him and also grow his business well.

Party Box
04-17-2017, 05:57 AM
hello, I m a newbie here searching for a photobooth Dubai (www.partybox.ae).some people are suggesting about the party box please check it and suggest me whether it is appropriate for my family function.thnks

John G. Anai
10-11-2018, 01:29 AM
For starting the new business some points are given below that helps you:

Write the business plan
Licenses and Permits of your business
Set up your Business structure and location
Advertise your business

John G. Anai
10-11-2018, 01:32 AM
For starting the new business some points are given below that helps you:

Write the business plan
Licenses and Permits of your business