PDA

View Full Version : Does the casual work count as part of my employment

jenita.richardson
03-19-2014, 04:44 AM
Recently I have been dismissed from my place of work after 40 weeks, prior to this I worked as a casual employee for 2 weeks, there was no break in the employment. Does the casual work count as part of my employment if I wish to go for wrongful dismissal? I have not been given any reason for my dismissal, however I even have written and asked for a full clarification and recorded my right to appeal.

Mafdet
03-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Can you please offer a detailed explanation of what happened exactly? Did you work 2 weeks as casual and then went on to a regular contract with the same employer? Casual work implies that you don't have a guarantee of your employment so legally the employer can dismiss you without any explanation.

george.shepard
03-20-2014, 02:18 AM
Casual employment means the incidental or occasional employment, which comes without regularity. If the employment is upon the employer’s business for a particular time, as for a week, or a month, or longer, it’s not a casual employment. Similarly, if employment is for a part of one’s time at regularly recurring periods of time, it is also not a casual employment.

printer
07-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Another name of casual employment is occasional employment and in this there is no regular work is there.it will depends upon the employer's business.

MahaKarthi
07-02-2015, 09:28 AM
What was written in the terms of your employment? Well, it is better to read the norms in the appointment letter before you sign the same. This will make things easier to understand. Without any written evidence, you cannot question any company's decision as well.

Chris_Tax
07-02-2015, 07:06 PM
If you are a contract employee you have to pay social sceurity tax and income tax on it

MaryBenitez
07-24-2015, 01:59 AM
Casual employment can be defined as where an employee is employed when and if needed, and where there is no particular expectation of continuing employment.