PDA

View Full Version : Less than a year old

Nexus
02-24-2005, 02:11 AM
Less than a year old, but moving along. It's been a ride, trying to figure out what people want; Often I wished I sold a commodity that is easily packaged and sold. Instead it's mostly just me, doing a lot of work, for little money. (graphics design, and I am subcontracting most printing)

Most all my business is online. I will never meet most of my customers, and I like it that way. Another interesting experience has been building my customer service.

The rush of emails lately has me floored -be watchful of the tide referral brings.

What are all your experiences?

kohuether
10-18-2005, 05:17 PM
My business is about a year old. I spent some time gathering info. Then things went in a different direction. Now I've come full circle because I realize that I was on the right track in the first place.

McRalphe
12-12-2005, 07:39 AM
i have been online doing biz for 5 years, what I can say is that try to automate tasks that are repetitive, it will save you 20-30% of your time ;)

firebringer
12-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Been doing consulting and coaching out of my home for almost 12 years now. I'm loving it. Didn't start the way I expected though. I marketed for 4 months before I had my first paying client - I can tell you I was beginning to get a bit discouraged...

I only have one complaint about choosing to provide a service: There are only so many hours in a week and even at a good hourly rate your income is limited to physical reality. So additional income streams are a must in the long run. Otherwise - it is the only way to go!

Singhfrancesess
03-16-2016, 09:27 AM
email marketing is good for online business.

gandu
03-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Building a Product base business can be more scalable, but takes more time and capital. Whereas a Service business you can get going almost right away. However there comes the plateau in growing it, unless you can replicate that process elswhere or clone yourself.

hawkinspalmy
07-15-2016, 02:45 AM
online email marketing ......... best online marketing source

aliadil961
10-29-2019, 06:40 AM
you must increase traffic through SEO.