PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else go $0

kcareconnections
03-20-2014, 09:39 PM
I typically spend any money directly for advertising. So far I have not had problems finding clients. Anyone else not really spend money to promote.

Rainman
03-28-2014, 06:12 AM
I, also don't spend money ads. There was a time I got ads worth $100 on Bing but since it was free, I couldn't count that as money spent advertising and in any case I didn't see much difference. Since I didn't see how paid advertising could benefit me, I chose to stick to free methods such as using classified ads and relying on mouth-to-mouth advertising to spread the word out about what I'm selling.

Lithium
03-28-2014, 09:06 AM
I have a principle : if you do your job just fine, you won't need any investment in promotion. Usually, a simple FB, LinkedIn or Twitter page is enough to attract some customers and get what you want.

ZammyCash
03-28-2014, 10:25 AM
If your product is good then you only need one customer, if that person is satisfied then your business will expand. It obviously is better to start with more but there's no need to spend on advertising.

ElvisPresley
03-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Referrals can be a great way to get more business. You just tell every customer that you have that you'll a) give them a discount b) give them cash, etc,-for referrals.

eagle22
03-28-2014, 01:35 PM
I do spend money on advertising, but even if I stopped my business would still be doing well because of all the affiliates I have built up. I actually don't advertise directly to my product. I spend my money advertising to get affiliate to promote my product.

ZammyCash
03-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Referrals can be a great way to get more business. You just tell every customer that you have that you'll a) give them a discount b) give them cash, etc,-for referrals.

That's an amazing idea! I will definitely implement it when I materialize my current projects.

owesem75
03-28-2014, 04:40 PM
During the old times, where advertising can only be found on magazines, billboards, etc. companies allocate huge part of their budget in advertising. In this modern age, INTERNET is available and there are a thousand and one ways to do FREE ADVERTISING.. so why spend more than your internet subscription costs?

mikelouis
03-29-2014, 12:01 AM
These days things are much easier. Now you can use social media sites for promotion and let the money meant for advertising be used in expanding the business. That is the way things are now.

fredkawig
03-29-2014, 04:38 AM
I don't spend money for advertising, I think it's a waste, specially when you won't really get good results for those who are just new to advertising.

wandering wildman
03-29-2014, 08:01 AM
I promote stand-up comedy shows for a living. Unfortunately, I do have to advertise and communicate with people about our shows. However, I have not had to spend any money. I find that many of the newspapers and magazines want to cover info about our events.

Athenagdlyt
03-29-2014, 08:58 AM
We mainly use facebook and local free classified ads sites to promote our business. It works for us well. I would not say that it's totally free, since we still spend for the internet service, but it basically covers all our marketing needs. For small and medium businesses, free advertising suffices. For bigger companies with big competitors, marketing is a different game. Paid ads can push the company name to the front row.

Lithium
03-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Instead of spending them on advertising, I'd rather use the money for my actual business.

canoe
03-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Depends on how good your product is. If you firmly believe your product is worthwhile and that it fills a demand, then really you don't need to spend so much on advertising as it only takes a couple buyers to get the word spread. Now if you're just an affiliate trying to sell some sleazy product, then yes, you may need to spend some money on advertising to a targeted audience. It all depends.

Taru
03-31-2014, 09:00 AM
I don't spend money for advertising anymore, but I do spend to get premium listing on Ebay because it affords me a good amount of benefits as a seller and I think it also puts buyers at more ease when considering to buy from my store. I think it's very much worth it as I did see a significant increase in my sales when I started using it as opposed to when I was just a free member.

ElvisPresley
03-31-2014, 10:20 AM
I know many guys who have stopped advertising and had to turn away clients because they have so much, so it's a proven business model.

Lithium
03-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Advertising is a small part of the business. Providing decent quality is the good way!

Skroozey
03-31-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't like to spend much on advertising, though sometimes it can be a necessary evil.

Social media really is the best way if you don't want to spend too much money. Get your tweets out there to the right people and everything else should work for itself. I also enjoy making videos. You can convey so much of your message in a video, and I find that audiences are more interesting in watching moving content than a simple print ad, for instance.

loraanna
03-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Referrals is the name of the game. Treat your customers with respect and they will help grow your business. I have gotten so much business
just by doing my job correctly. But facebook, twitter and Pinterest will also help.

Lithium
04-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Most of the great local businesses didn't spend a dime on their ads.