PDA

View Full Version : Ever tried link-baiting?

Rainman
03-21-2014, 07:54 AM
Link-baiting is . . . kind of hard to explain. But I know how it works. You place something on your web-site that encourages someone to either link to it or have someone click on the link in which case the bait is buried within the link. It's one of those sure-fire ways to get many free backlinks and lots of traffic from the sites which link to you.

One of the link-baiting strategies is to create a very informative and comprehensive list that quite obviously should be topically relevant to your niche. Then you sit back and wait for the traffic to come your way.

Have any of you tried link-baiting. If you have, what strategy did you use?

touqeer
07-05-2014, 02:56 PM
For the result of the link bait, we have use the social share buttons on the website. People love items in list. The content which is easy to understand. Give a free stuffs on your website. Large amount of content is not good idea of link bait.

JeffreyForeman
07-06-2014, 07:34 AM
I refuse to do it because I hate when it is done to me. Do I sometimes make the headline a bit more appealing to tempt my audience? SURE! But I certainly do not lie to them or use nothing but hyperbole to get them to pay attention. Remember that a reader is going to remember if you disappoint then.

printer
07-08-2014, 04:48 AM
it means put something on your website to get traffic and when someone click on that link than bait is buried within the link.

jesslee
07-11-2014, 12:13 AM
How we can do this,please give some more explanation.

Tweetcinema
07-20-2014, 10:48 AM
What is link bating?? Can anyone explain me it clearly!!

pjwhite
04-30-2016, 12:28 PM
I don't think it's a great idea in the long term for your business :S

tmcmahon
05-09-2016, 02:09 PM
"Link Baiting" is nothing more than a tactic designed to get a large number of backlinks in a natural way - there's nothing spammy or manipulative about it unless you use spammy and manipulative practices to promote it the piece of content.

It takes a lot of work to do the research, production, and promotion to get a great piece of "link bait" to work, but they can be great for your website and branding. A technique that's used is the "skyscraper" approach where you find a piece of content in your niche that's already done well acquiring backlinks, then re-create it and make it better (don't just copy it). A common one you've probably seen is to interview a relatively large number of influencers in your niche and publish their answers in a long form post. Most, if not all, of the people you interviewed, will share it out to their followers (you need to ask them to do this), and many will also link to it from their blogs. If you asked the right question/s to them, then you'll have a very meaty post filled with a number of great takeaways. This means their followers will likely share it and link to it as well. More info here: http://backlinko.com/skyscraper-technique

ronniewill
06-08-2016, 01:38 PM
I have never tried Link-Baiting so no idea about it.

ethan9
06-23-2016, 12:37 AM
Hey, I need to ask one thing. Is this even ethical ? It does sound fishy. Not sure.

scottline
06-23-2016, 01:57 AM
Linkbaiting is the practice of crafting content that is designed to get other content producers to link to it. The purpose is increasing the number of inbound links to your content and thus improving its performance in search engine results.

geoffrey foggon
06-23-2016, 05:44 PM
facebook is a great place to link bait on as links go viral so quickly. create something controversial on your site or a funny video, then simply post it on facebook and share it with your friends etc... One of the best link baits going is the you never guess what the camera caught and when you click on the link its a slideshow of different funny videos...

Jenn Kimmel
09-30-2016, 06:40 PM
Yes, I have a website that I try to use to piggy back the trending news stories around the web. It's a news-related website, so it fits in, but can be very powerful if there's a big news story hitting the world on a given day. You do an article that's relevant and unique, then use a really good post title, and spread it around the social networks.

I don't know what niche you're in, but jumping on a breaking news story can be a way to get free shares/likes on social media.

RajeshThummar
12-22-2016, 05:21 AM
I have no idea about Link baiting. Is it still work in 2016? I have to learn about it. I heard it first time.

PatriciaPowell
01-04-2017, 01:15 AM
For the result of the link bait, we have use the social share buttons on the website. People love items in list.

PatriciaPowell
01-06-2017, 01:38 AM
Linkbaiting is the practice of crafting content that is designed to get other content producers to link to it. The purpose is increasing the number of inbound links to your content and thus improving its performance in search engine results.

waits300
01-06-2017, 04:28 AM
The purpose is increasing the number of inbound links to your content and thus improving its performance in search engine results.

CyberJohn
01-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Hey! Here are some best strategies on how to use link bait for a success.

15 Examples of Great Link Bait and How They Succeeded (http://marketinghangout.co/u/1369/15-examples-of-great-link-bait-and-how-they-succeeded)

lithiumbattery
03-27-2018, 01:06 AM
As fishy as you will do it. or as ethical as you do it.

aliceta
12-26-2018, 08:34 PM

harryleo
12-27-2018, 05:28 AM
Link Bait is providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask. Linkable content can be anything from an in-depth research project, to an evergreen guide, to a popular video.

asif bams
12-27-2018, 11:36 PM
Creating a link bait is creating a compelling movement that will stir your readers to think and link back to you for reference, sourcing or good-will.

axeshay10
12-28-2018, 08:22 AM
Tried link baiting on this site (http://www.quickensol.com).

ankit240
12-29-2018, 03:49 AM
Yes! i have and the info-graphics make the great link baiting content! and will take time to get traffic but it's worth the effort.

spoorti1509
01-02-2019, 03:56 AM
Yes i have tried but i never recommend it to anyone since it is not good for a business with long term ideas. Always choose organic and white hat techniques which will a long lasting affect to your business

DavidDiamond
01-12-2019, 09:11 AM
I think backlinking is overrated. You should focus on making quality content and making good ads at least at the start and Seo optimizing your posts .

aliadil961
11-05-2019, 03:46 AM
Link Bait is providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask.

amayajace
11-09-2019, 12:46 AM
See tons of real life examples of linkbait in action right here.Your job is to create the best, most thorough and most complete resource on a topic ever published. that gets the attention of the big players in your niche, you can also try.

amayajace
11-27-2019, 02:23 AM
See tons of real-life examples of linkbait in action right here. ... Your job is to create the best, most thorough and most complete resource on a topic ever published

debora
12-11-2019, 04:43 AM
Link bait is content on your website that other sites link to because they want to, not because you ask them to.
Whether it’s an evergreen blog post, a helpful eBook, or a viral video, the linkable asset comes in many forms. Let’s take a look at the types and a few examples of link bait and discuss how proactive content marketing can help your website garner more links.
Great content always serves as link bait. This is important to remember. When creating a blog post or revising copy on top-level pages, think about whether or not the content is link-worthy. Had you come across it in your daily perusal of the web, would you be likely to link to or share it with friends via social media?
Remember that while a social share doesn’t carry the same weight as an anchored link, it does get your content in front of more eyes. After all, users can only link to your content if they’ve discovered it.
There is no sure-fire formula for creating great content that your visitors will see as linkable. For example you could spend hours writing a helpful and informative blog post, but acquire no links from it. Meanwhile, your competitor posted a picture of a cute cat that fetched 24 links in a day. Ultimately, link bait is an attention grabber.
The goal is to engage your audience so much so that they can’t help but tell everyone about what they’ve just seen. This might be a unique insight on a hot topic, an attractive display of useful information, or just a video of a funny cat. The key is in knowing your audience.
Timeless content is lasting link bait. While timely content is in most cases ephemerally valuable, we’re not going to be covering the release of the iPhone 6 years down the road. Timeless content, or evergreen content, has lasting value. Whether it’s a piece that’s timeless in nature like an eBook on the fundamentals of Regular Expressions, or something that’s frequently updated like Moz’s search algorithm update history, always-relevant content is always link-worthy.
During the brainstorming phase of the creation of evergreen content, there are many qualifiers to consider before selecting an idea to pursue. Ask yourself these questions:
• Are people searching for this? (Google AdWords Keyword Planner)
• Is this a topic that is growing in popularity? (Google Trends)
• How likely is it that this content will be obsolete in a year?
• If this idea has already been materialized on the web, can I do it better?

debora
12-26-2019, 04:35 AM
Link baiting is more an art than work. Personally, I’d say link baiting would be one of your best shots – if you have the knowledge and talent to make it work.
Creating a Link bait is creating a compelling movement that will stir your readers to think and link back to you for reference, sourcing or good-will. It is more than just writing. It is more than just giving out information. It is more than just wit. It is the ability to tap into the emotional source of your readers and use that leverage to draw them to link to you.
Usually, knowledge works great in the field of link baiting. If you know some things that a lot of other people do not, you can write about it and publish it and attract a crowd. But that’s just a part of it. How you lay it out and how you artistically put words to your knowledge needs talent. You need both to make a good linkbait.
Guest posting
Or known also as guest blogging – this method has been a good way to get inbound links. Making your website open to guest bloggers means that you get new user generated content (make sure that it’s relevant and well-written) and on top of that, those bloggers would love to promote the article they wrote for you. Which means that you save up time on writing an article and you save up double the time promoting it.
Infographics
Nothing beats good statistics – especially surprising ones summarized in an infographic. This link baiting technique goes a long, long way. Especially if you keep on updating your infographic or other people’s infographic of your topic or niche. That’s pretty interesting. And they certainly got a lot of backlinks using that infographic. In fact, they got lots from me. :)
Why does infographic attract lots of links? Well, not all people like to read. Which means that most people prefer pictures or perhaps video or whatnot. In any case, a beautifully designed and outlined infographic has much more appeal than a long paragraph of words. Don’t you think so?
Widgets
Widgets are not so easy to create as it is mostly a small program that users can mingle with. Usually, a good widget has valuable use such as a currency converter widget – which you can embed in any website so that it’s up for grabs. What people don’t usually know is that inside these widgets are pieces of code that will consequently link back to the desired webpage of the creator.
It’s not often anymore that widgets are used for linkbait as there are already so many of them. Even so, if you are someone who has the capacity to create a useful widget of your own, it is pretty much well worth to try out.
Controversial Content
Ranting about SEO is dead can haul you much, much traffic. Although it could also haul you lots of hate comments and headache. Personally, I don’t really recommend posting controversial content unless it’s something for the greater good. But even so, this link baiting technique hauls in traffic like no other. Especially if it’s fresh news.
Posting about the riot in London and your personal, far-fetched and exaggerated opinion about those happenings might just get a lot of people’s attention. There would be positive responses – and there would most definitely be negative ones.

m2dbahrain
01-15-2020, 02:30 AM
Link Bait is providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask. Linkable content can be anything from an in depth research project, to an evergreen guide, to a popular video.

andymacwan
03-24-2020, 07:58 AM
Tiered link building is one of the most effective methods of link building at the moment. It offers a huge range of benefits which can help protect you from future Google Algorithm updates

stevealex000
09-15-2020, 04:21 AM
Link baiting is the process of creating content with the sole focus of getting individuals to link to it or share it. The goal of developing link bait is to create as many inbound links to a website as possible.

Saravanan28
10-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Guest posting. Or known also as guest blogging – this method has been a good way to get inbound links. ...
Infographics. ...
Widgets. ...
Contests. ...
Crowdsourcing. ...
Interviews. ...
Testimonials. ...
Controversial Content.

master007
10-14-2020, 03:48 AM
For the result of the link bait, we have use the social share buttons on the website. People love items in list. The content which is easy to understand. Give a free stuffs on your website. Large amount of content is not good idea of link bait.

Geetha john
11-03-2020, 11:34 PM
It all depends on who you are...
Not all companies have downloadable assets of means for BTL style promotions. For me the best tried and true method was and always will be a good research article. It`s perfect for SMBs and Startups (it will cost time but not money) and it has many future uses - whitepapers, guest post topic and etc.

Another low-cost good ideas are:
1. "Best X image/video" contest (images and voting are on-site)
2. Good "Top something something" resource (i.e. Top 10 chrome extensions) - this should be relevant to your core business.
3. Free X software library
etc.

As for samples I personally liked TM "shoot my track" promotion. Just cause it was so "out there" and so different from other viral campaigns.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/14/twisted-metal-is-back-and-shoot-my-truck-is-happening-now/
It wasn`t a link bait at it`s core but it baited it`s share of links and attention

amulya987
11-04-2020, 05:53 AM
Hi, all seo experts anyone can you please explain what is link bite with an example.

Geetha john
11-05-2020, 12:14 AM
Link Bait is providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask. Linkable content can be anything from an in depth research project, to an evergreen guide, to a popular video.

jayam12
11-06-2020, 12:43 AM

mithu
11-06-2020, 12:51 AM
Link baiting is the process of creating content with the sole focus of getting individuals to link to it or share it. The goal of developing link bait is to create as many inbound links to a website as possible.

Saravanan12
11-06-2020, 05:56 AM

MASTERO
11-24-2020, 12:27 AM
Link Baiting is the practice of providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask.

Let’s just take an example from real life that how a link bait works: A fisherman ties an earthworm ( which is a food for fish) to bait a fish of getting caught in the same manner if have unique content then it could be easy to bait the inbound links for a website.

master007
11-25-2020, 01:11 AM

RaniaRanii3
11-25-2020, 01:35 AM
With regards to making join snare, there is nobody more normally fruitful at it than Have you made a bit of connection lure that turned into a web sensation, or if nothing else delivered.

Geetha john
11-26-2020, 02:03 AM

Saravanan12
11-30-2020, 06:57 AM
"Link Baiting" is nothing more than a tactic designed to get a large number of backlinks in a natural way - there's nothing spammy or manipulative about it unless you use spammy and manipulative practices to promote it the piece of content.

vijaymurali
12-03-2020, 12:46 AM
I suggest not to do link biating

Geethan
12-03-2020, 01:03 AM
Link Baiting is the practice of providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask.

Saravanan12
12-07-2020, 06:03 AM

Bigil
12-08-2020, 12:34 AM

Geetha john
12-08-2020, 12:55 AM
Link Bait is providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask. ... Try me ;) (for those who don't know, we're friends, so this was just in good fun!) 3 0.

Bigil
12-10-2020, 12:50 AM

amulya987
12-10-2020, 01:53 AM
Link Bait is producing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever must to ask.

MASTERO
12-10-2020, 11:31 PM
Link Bait is providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask. ... Try me ;) (for those who don't know, we're friends, so this was just in good fun!) 3 0.

MASTERO
12-18-2020, 12:24 AM

master007
12-18-2020, 11:15 PM

Lilykevin86
12-18-2020, 11:34 PM
With regards to making join lure, there is nobody more normally fruitful at it than Have you made a bit of connection trap that became famous online,

mithu
12-22-2020, 10:02 AM

Geetha john
12-23-2020, 12:00 AM

Nags
12-23-2020, 12:49 AM

Rahul28
12-31-2020, 07:50 AM
Guest posting. Or known also as guest blogging – this method has been a good way to get inbound links. ...
Infographics. ...
Widgets. ...
Contests. ...
Crowdsourcing. ...
Interviews. ...
Testimonials. ...
Controversial Content.

Bigil
01-01-2021, 11:32 PM
it means put something on your website to get traffic and when someone click on that link than bait is buried within the link.

Geetha
01-02-2021, 12:23 AM

MASTERO
01-20-2021, 12:16 AM

jayam12
01-22-2021, 05:46 AM

mithu
01-22-2021, 05:52 AM
Identify your target niche. Start by looking at your competitors' links. ...
Identify your angle. When you look at your competitors' links, you'll see which bloggers and websites linked to them. ...
Create your content. ...
Promote your content.

valluri
01-22-2021, 05:56 AM
Link building is important because it is a major factor in how Google ranks web pages. Google notes that: "In general, webmasters can improve the rank of their sites by increasing the number of high-quality sites that link to their pages." ... The SEO and content optimization of the respective sites.

Bigil
01-23-2021, 02:56 AM

MASTERO
01-27-2021, 12:07 AM
Link Baiting is the practice of providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask. ... Linkbaiting is the practice of crafting content that is designed to get other content producers to link to it.

alishbasaki
01-30-2021, 12:00 AM
Connection Bait is giving significant substance on your site so different sites will normally reference/connection to it without you truly inquiring. Linkable substance can be anything from a top to bottom exploration project, to an evergreen guide, to a famous video.

KENZAdvertising2
01-30-2021, 01:29 AM
Web development services in Lahore | KENZ Advertising offers the simplest website development services!
Work with Pakistan's leading website developers at KENZ Advertising. We build customized websites from scratch and include essential elements that make them effective in your lead generation strategies.

master007
01-30-2021, 07:06 AM

MASTERO
02-17-2021, 12:46 AM

debora
02-17-2021, 01:20 AM
Link Bait (also called “linkbait”) is the process of creating content designed to attract backlinks. Common types of Link Bait content include controversial content, data, guides and newsworthy pieces.

Geetha
02-20-2021, 12:15 AM
“Linkbait” is content that's specifically formulated to attract links. It's something so cool, valuable and unique that (given the opportunity) any industry blogger/influencer would be hard-pressed not to link to it. These links then help to improve the site's rankings in search engines.

amitdigital
02-21-2021, 12:11 AM
Link Baits - SEO method requires resources, it is hard to deny its potential. ... SEO is an ever-changing field with numerous practices for promoting products, content, web ... Today, most of us try to filter incoming information.

Prostate Surgery Expert in Gurugram (https://saisiddhihospital.com) l Best Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Stone Surgery in Gurgaon (https://saisiddhihospital.com/what-is-the-cost-of-laparoscopic-gallbladder-surgery-in-gurgaon/) l Best Gynaecologist in Gurgaon (https://saisiddhihospital.com/) l Multispeciality Hospital (https://saisiddhihospital.com/)

jayam12
02-24-2021, 06:12 AM
Link Bait is providing valuable content on your website so that other websites will naturally reference/link to it without you ever having to ask. ... Try me ;) (for those who don't know, we're friends, so this was just in good fun!)

mithu
02-24-2021, 06:14 AM
“Linkbait” is content that's specifically formulated to attract links. It's something so cool, valuable and unique that (given the opportunity) any industry blogger/influencer would be hard-pressed not to link to it. These links then help to improve the site's rankings in search engines.

valluri
02-24-2021, 06:19 AM
Personally I'd say linkbaiting would be one of your best shots - if you have the knowledge and talent to make it work ... We've tried to run a contest giving away some free SEO software for the winners ... I've never really done it (but I just might…

lishmaliny
02-25-2021, 06:07 AM

indiametrics
02-26-2021, 03:10 PM
Linkbite is nothing but mention a source page content link your content. Linkbite helps to people trustworthy.

master007
02-27-2021, 07:04 AM

master007
03-13-2021, 12:30 AM

jayam12
03-16-2021, 01:54 AM

mithu
03-16-2021, 02:03 AM
Link Baits - SEO method requires resources, it is hard to deny its potential. ... SEO is an ever-changing field with numerous practices for promoting products, content, web ... Today, most of us try to filter incoming information.

valluri
03-16-2021, 02:07 AM
Personally I'd say linkbaiting would be one of your best shots - if you have the knowledge and talent to make it work ... We've tried to run a contest giving away some free SEO software for the winners ... I've never really done it (but I just might…

alishbasaki
03-18-2021, 12:16 AM
Connection Bait is giving significant substance on your site so different sites will normally reference/connection to it without you truly inquiring. ... Attempt me ;) (for the individuals who don't have a clue, we're companions, so this was simply in acceptable fun!)

MASTERO
03-18-2021, 01:55 AM

Rahul28
03-18-2021, 07:17 AM

Lilykevin86
03-20-2021, 05:25 AM
Here are 15 of our #1 instances of effective connection lure! It highlights not just one of the biggest infographics ever (15 million pixels!), Sometimes interface teasing isn't just about standing out enough to be noticed — it's likewise about benefiting a few. Despite the fact that this is a guide planned for Australians (I attempted to discover one for the US

HyderKarim2
03-23-2021, 02:27 AM
About HK Accessories
HK Accessories, as a brand, was launched in 2017. But its true inception was in the 1980s. This is a third generation family business, started by the grandfather of the current owner. The secret behind this company's long-term success is that it has been flexible enough to adapt to changes in fashion and capitalize on the latest business trends.
To this effect, this brand was launched to provide the Pakistani market with an alternative means to acquiring the latest accessories. What differentiates us from rest of the market is our ability to procure directly from the vast wholesale market of China. The Owner of HK Accessories handpicks all the designs displayed on this website himself. This ensures that the end consumer is getting good value for their money.

Business Name:
HK Accessories

Owner Name:
Hyder Karim

Address:
Shop 8A, Laxmi Building, Bolton Market,
Karachi

Phone Number:
0301 206 7988

Nags
03-27-2021, 01:07 AM
I have never tried Link-Baiting so no idea about it.

MASTERO
04-13-2021, 01:43 AM
Link Baits - SEO method requires resources, it is hard to deny its potential. ... SEO is an ever-changing field with numerous practices for promoting products, content​, web ... Today, most of us try to filter incoming information.

master007
04-15-2021, 10:04 AM

Nags
04-20-2021, 12:35 PM

Geetha
04-27-2021, 12:36 AM