PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Consulting

Leto
02-28-2005, 08:41 PM
A friend of mine and I recently started our own advertising consulting business called Vital Solutions. Pretty much what we do is a combination of finding good online advertising locations for customers as well as providing them with ad and logo design.

Anyway we are having a hard time finding a place to advertise our own business because we have a severely limited budget. Does anyone have any advice? Our site is [no URLs please] if anyone wants to check it out. by the way.

Thanks

BusinessMan
03-01-2005, 02:22 AM
An "advertising consultant" needing advice on advertising?I'm glad we don't use him then!

silkroadbiz
03-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi Leto

Have you tried getting a copy of the local newspaper and calling up the businesses that advertise in there?

Ask them how their ad is going? Do they know the results and sales they are getting from their ad? Do they want to improve their ad? You may want to explain how you can help them (eg. writing copy that guarantees results, implementing a testing and measuring system so that the success of each ad can be tracked, let them know why they need your services, tell them the benefits of your service).

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards

siryellow1
03-17-2005, 06:27 PM
How about Google Adwords?

You dealing with the online crew anyway, right?

vesperinc
07-29-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Let me recap. In brief, you are buying and selling ad space. Correct? And, you're exploring ways to publicize your service. Correct?

If so, I think your best bet is through sales. In order to get business owners to advertise, you must solicit their business.

Wendy

Maximus
11-11-2005, 11:51 PM
I wish you luck in your venture, but in your business you need to have the knowledge and aggressive attitude to make it happen for yourself. When you discover how to make an impact then you can show your customers how to make an impact.That is the whole point of your business. Don't enter into this without the knowledge on how to acheive this, that would be a severe waste of time on your part. Marketing is a very powerful and effective tool, but requires knowledge in order to be optimized.

GreenThumb
12-11-2005, 02:17 AM
A friend of mine and I recently started our own advertising consulting business called Vital Solutions. Pretty much what we do is a combination of finding good online advertising locations for customers as well as providing them with ad and logo design.

Anyway we are having a hard time finding a place to advertise our own business because we have a severely limited budget. Does anyone have any advice? Our site is [no URLs please] if anyone wants to check it out. by the way.

Thanks

I own an advertising and design shop with 6 employees. Pretty much, most of your business is going to come from the quality of the work you have and bottom line dollar successes that you have yielded for clients.

I agree with the others about it being ironic in that you asked advice on a marketing oriented business solution when you yourself are involved with one. We are in the business of promising prosperity to our clients- we cant do that if we project a lack of it ourselves!!

Regards,

faeriebell
12-20-2005, 10:43 AM
For online advertising, try Adbrite, Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing (formally Oveture)

There are some cheaper online sources but you don't get any good traffic from them, like Genieknows and other pay per click search engines. Stick with the reputable ones and choose keywords that are niched and you won't have to pay much for (Google's minimum is 1 cent now.)

ohioadman
02-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Come on guys! They may send you the most visitor but they are also going to cost you the most money.

I might also mention that everyone in here is an independent including you and you are telling them to only use the big boys. Nothing honestly upsets me more than that type of thinking!

Go to the search engines and type in what you are looking for, as an example:

Ohio advertising

Do you see GOOGLE, YAHOO, MSN anywhere at the top of that search.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ohio+advertising

No you don't! There are a lot of great independents out there and if there sites rank high on the search engine it is going to be a lot more cost effective than the big boys.

Of course since all you have is a blog and not a website I should understand but if you indeed had a website or business you would not be saying to use the big boys.

Another example that you might understand better is this:

You own a local hardware store in a small town, a customer comes in and you over hear him talking to one of your other customer who has a hammer in his hand that he is buying, that customer say's don't buy that hammer here you can get it at Lowe's for $1.00 cheaper.

You loose a customer! The point is the big boy are worth billions and everyone in this forum is trying to build there business.

I suggest first they learn the basics of building an online business, advertise with people who rank high on keywords that are pertinent to advertising, classifieds, business advertising and gear your searches with in your state.

Why do you think companies are trying rank high in states they are not even in, most people want to keep advertising local ie. state though some like the post above need to change the way they think.

The_Blonde
02-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Im going to have to agree with ohioadman here, everyone is so busy trying to earn the big bucks right away by chasing after the big paying one time accounts rather than catering to the smaller businesses. Personally I dont want to ever be involved with the big companies, I prefer to whittle away at my (hopeful) fortune a dollar at a time. Id rather do one thing really great, that to do a thousand things half assed. :wink:The Blonde

Ad-vice_man
06-19-2006, 05:38 PM
This whole thread saddens me. Why would someone trust you to promote their business when you are incapable of promoting your own.

I'm going to give you the benefit of an enourmous doubt and assume that this post was simply a late night ill-advised foray into cyberspace.

My best advice to you is to go out and solicit business for yourself. Knock on doors and make phone calls. Expect a lot of rejection and use every "no" as a learning experience. Getting started with no sales experience at all, use this simple formula,expect to get one meeting out of 20 calls and one new piece of business out of 20 meetings. Yes this means that unless you get lucky (it's amazing how lucky you get when you prepare) that it's going to take 399 "no's" before you get your first client. Now the good news is that you're not always going to be that bad at sales and your closing percentages WILL go up. And, if you handle your business well, you'll generate referral business.

Good Luck in your endeavor.

jrobconsult
06-21-2006, 11:28 PM
My advice would be to do something else. If you cannot help yourself, why would others pay you. Businesses will pay you for the value you give them. It seems to me, you need to learn a lot more about the subject first. Read as much as you can and when you can figure how to advertise yourself, you may be ready. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for failure.

jfab
01-22-2014, 07:21 AM
For one, there is google with all the advertising techniques that you could get. But I'm afraid you'd have to be really know what your business is about before even deciding to go on business. But yes I suppose tips are always welcome for newbies. It's all about connection too. The more people you connect with, the more your business is going to grow especially in this kind of industry. Network non-stop.

vinitha
12-18-2019, 01:24 AM
An Advertising Consultant earns an average salary of $47,500 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 10 years in this field.