PDA

View Full Version : Good Leadership Skills

lizzief79
03-22-2014, 10:33 AM
As soon as you employ somebody else to work for your business you are the leader of the team. For you and your team to work effectively and productively then you should be a good leader. What do you think are the skills that make a good leader?

alec
03-26-2014, 01:10 PM
I think it's important to be fair. As a team leader/employer you need to reward good work through appreciation words or certain rewards. If the employees perform well maybe you can let them go home earlier, maybe give them more money on pay day or maybe tell them how awesome they are. See them as human beings, don't threaten them and when overworked explain the situation and try to lighten the mood. The soul of any good business are they employees and they should be treated accordingly :)

stacyje
03-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Some great skills to have are to be firm but fair at all times with the people you are leading. Being open minded with others is important cause no two people are alike. Having Great communication skills are a plus also. If you have employees that do great work show them recognition I have found that those that I work with work even harder when you give them pats on the back and show that you like their work. Remember your people are as good as the leader shows.

sgreenwood
03-26-2014, 04:29 PM
I always think of the dog whisperer when I hear the word leadership. I think what he says about the interaction between humans and dogs apply to humans and humans also. They will follow calm and assertive leadership. No yelling or other unstable behavior.

ursell
03-26-2014, 05:57 PM
I agree with what Stacey and Alec said. Reward your employees when they do a good job. Be fair and open minded with
your employees.

Rainman
03-27-2014, 05:13 AM
To be a great leader you need the people who you lead to know that you're good at what you do. If you've had some experience in business tell them about that and what you expect from them. Good leaders promote and encourage communication between them and their employees.

If you leave some room for your employees to express their opinions about what they like or don't like, what works and what doesn't, what needs improvement and so on it will help your business grow faster because you'll all be working as a team and most people like that.

Kimble
03-27-2014, 10:23 AM
There are many aspects to being a good leader. But caring about your fellow employees and showing them that you really care is very important to get their commitment and trust in you.
There are many great articles and reviews in the monthly Harvard Business Review (hbr.org) magazine. I'd recommend it to anyone who is/will be a manager in any kind of business area.

Taru
03-28-2014, 02:17 AM
I think the one of the most important traits a good leader can have is a firm grasp of what it's like to be a follower. The people who understand this will tend to act with a lot more understanding and compassion, and also, they would know how to solve any problem within subordinates best because of this. This way, whenever you speak as a leader, your followers will have a much firmer respect for your words as they know it comes from a place of genuine understanding rather than an assumption of what it must be like to be them.

upandcoming
03-28-2014, 05:03 AM
A good leader should be able to communicate clearly exactly what the goal of any project is and the plan for achieving that goal. Clarity of vision will create an environment where employees know what is expected of them and how to get the job done. Being vague or unclear is confusing and leads to many workplace problems. If you are clear on the goal your employees will feel free to use their various skills to support you. Also, you want to create an environment where merit is rewarded - in cash bonuses if possible. Nothing speaks louder than money. Do not encourage employees to be yes-men, it will poison the business. Except honest criticism if it's offered discretely but do not put up with outright disrespect to you or amongst the ranks. So, be clear, firm, generous, honest and forthright if you want to earn the respect of your team.

SmartPea85
03-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Surprisingly enough, I have found that in order to be a good leader, one mus be a good team member first. A leader may be the one making the calls and decisions, but they shouldn't believe they are more superior than anyone else at the business. They need to be able to get down and dirty with the rest of the workers. They should be just as committed to the little details that make the job run smoothly as the lowest-level employee. If they aren't willing to share responsibility and be just as accountable as everyone else, they won't be a good leader. They will appear unapproachable and maybe even untrustworthy, which are never good qualities for a boss or team leader.

DomDom
03-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Responsibility is number one in my opinion. A true leader always takes responsibility for his team!

gHiros
03-28-2014, 06:51 PM
As soon as you employ somebody else to work for your business you are the leader of the team. For you and your team to work effectively and productively then you should be a good leader. What do you think are the skills that make a good leader?

IMHO, a good leader has vision and sets meaningful goals in order for his/her team to know why the hell they're in the team ... please forgive my "French". As a leader, you need to be authentic and follow through on your responsibilities and the tasks you take on. You need to "walk the talk". And finally, I think a good leader empowers his team by being savvy at delegating tasks and responsibilities to his/her subordinates.

mikelouis
03-28-2014, 11:52 PM
It is all about being a good listener. You need to be able to listen to your employees if they have a problem then they will share it with you. But if you decide to keep thing to yourself then it will be hard for them also to tell you if there is anything wrong.

Jane Hastings
03-29-2014, 03:38 AM
I believe a good leader should be a good follower as well. It's important for the leader to know what's going on with his team members and he should be able to communicate with them. A leader should know how to interact with his members without intimidating them. I also believe a leader is a good leader if he inspires and helps his members reach their full potential. If you want your members to trust you, you should also show them you trust them.

owesem75
03-29-2014, 10:22 AM
A Good Leader should have a very good DIPLOMATIC SKILLS. Aside from that, these traits:

D-Dependability
I-Integrity
C-Courage
K-Knowlege
B-Bearing
I-Initiative
T-Tact
E-Endurance
J-Judgement
U-Unselfishness
D-Decisiveness
J-Justice
E-Efficiency
L-Loyalty

Rosyrain
03-29-2014, 12:47 PM
To be a good leader you need to go above and beyond managing your employees. A good leader knows how to be fair and listen to what their employees are saying. It is not enough to manage the work to make sure it gets done, but to inspire and motivate the employee to grow.

MahaKarthi
02-09-2015, 04:58 AM
I think working effectively with the other team members is the first and foremost quality that a good team leader should acquire. Also, encouraging the team members and leading the team along with them will definitely bring success to the team and eventually the credits goes to the lead.

Allan Madan
02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Leadership skills are extremely important especially if you are in the introductory phase.
Having strong leadership will allow your business to grow rapidly and expand your networks.

Sincerely,
Madan Chartered Accountant

donswift90
03-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Good communication skills are required at every level of business, but leaders must possess outstanding communication skills.Inspiring others is the mark of an effective leader. A team depends on its leader to tell them where they are going, why they are going, and how theyíre going to get there. Becoming an effective leader is not a one-time thing. It takes time to learn and practice leadership skills until they become a part of you.

campbelljof
03-15-2016, 07:38 AM
First Dont be selfish, second your patience.

sam07
03-23-2016, 03:47 AM
for me being a good leader not always on your skills and knowledge, you should know how to understand the attitude of other people, you can make them see that you go first whatever what happen and many other things that leader should have

domnick
07-02-2016, 12:41 AM
Leadership is a rare skill, they make a decision for common vision not selfish.

saharali
07-11-2016, 09:39 AM
http://upx100.com/img/1467331846.jpg (http://upx100.com/1467331846.html)
I think it's important to be fair. As a team leader/employer you need to reward good work through appreciation words or certain rewards. If the employees perform well maybe you can let them go home earlier, maybe give them more money on pay day or maybe tell them how awesome they are. See them as human beings, don't threaten them and when overworked explain the situation and try to lighten the mood. The soul of any good business are they employees and they should be treated accordingly

Amylia
07-14-2016, 11:24 PM
I would like to say some points that Iím considering in my business. Main thing is that you need to listen to your employees and implement better strategies to make them feel valued. Itís only then that youíll have a positive impact in your organization. Today people are looking for career package, company culture, career path and other such factors. Here are some methods that Iíve learnt recently that would help retain your employees for a longer time.
Clear and transparent communication
Track performance and provide rewards
Foster the goal of employees.

Rinat
01-08-2017, 08:33 PM
I think there are a few essential skill of a team leader.

1) Consistency - Your team can trust you if one minute you say one thing and the next another.
2) Delegation - A leaders knowledge of team member's strengths matched to the task of projects is an invaluable skill.
3) Listening - As simple as this sounds, few leaders practice listening because they are too busy or in a hurry.
4) Prioritizing - Knowing the KPI (Key Performance Indicator) of your project is huge. I'm shocked at how many leaders run their businesses reactively rather than proactively.

Those were some of my favorite points from this book I read by Steve Levinson. I'll link it down below if anyone is interested.

Management: Secrets from Leadership Experts (http://amzn.to/2i4ds83)

Anyway hope that helps.

LeilaW2W
01-25-2017, 12:35 PM
I would like to recommend a book from a business coach. Laura Komocsin is the writer of 50 secret coaching stories from the top. This book is not only for coaches, it is an amazing book you can learn a lot about biggest leaders, and it can improve your leadership skills as well.

eddiebids
03-02-2017, 04:07 AM
A good leader should be someone who people admire and aspire to be like

hackjack
03-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Hi, The qualities of a good leader are to maintain good relationship and contact with your employees, you should reward them in the duration of the period to provide an atmosphere of competition. A leader should be a confident person, should have good communication skill. If there is communication gap between leader and employee then there occurs a distance between them.
transport service in India (http://www.truckjugaad.com)

hackjack
03-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Hi,
for a good leader a person should have the quality of a good leader.

smartkpis
03-11-2017, 11:54 PM
They are three characteristics to good leadership skills:

1) They are able to prepare themselves to face unpredictable situations. Good leaders use their time wisely to prepare themselves with all the data, facts, information and needed skills to face what tomorrow brings.

2) They are open to different backgrounds. Good leaders understand that they can exchange thoughts and opinions with someone with a different background. Because of that, they are likely to go towards diverse network.

3) They go past their previous success experiences. Great leaders understand that they must take changes in order to go beyond what they have now. They think, talk and act differently in order to attract success.

To read more on this topic and these three points, go check out our article:

Hope that helps!

davisbusiness
04-04-2017, 02:56 AM
this is the best suggestion for every beginners.

ssruthishetty
04-05-2017, 01:25 AM
This story appears in the March 2017 issue of Entrepreneur.
Focus. ďIt's been said that leadership is making important but unpopular decisions. ...
Confidence. ...
Transparency. ...
Integrity. ...
Inspiration. ...
Passion. ...
Innovation. ...
Patience.
More items...

ambertx10
04-17-2017, 10:55 PM
Yeah, If the employees perform well maybe you can let them go home earlier, maybe give them more money on pay day or maybe tell them how awesome they are. See them as human beings...

jaribecker123
10-31-2017, 04:35 AM
Honesty
Delegate
Communication
Confidence
Commitment
Positive Attitude
Creativity etc.

z1state
10-31-2017, 05:15 AM
Good leadership skills are-
1-to motivate others to achieve the goal of an organisation.
2-to direct the employees in a good way.
3-taking care of others responsibility.
4-to understand the condition and situation.
5-think positive
6- honesty

TheDogLine
11-02-2017, 01:08 AM
A good leader needs to be honest because your business and its employees are the reflection of yourself, and if you make honest and ethical behavior a key value, your team will follow suit. Delegating tasks to the appropriate departments is one of the most important skills you can develop as your business grows. Being able to clearly and succinctly describe what you want done is extremely important as well. As the leader, by staying calm and confident, you will help keep the team feeling the same. By proving your commitment to the brand and your role, you will not only earn the respect of your team, but will also instill that same hardworking energy among your staff. It is important to learn to think outside the box and to choose which of two bad choices is the best option. Lastly, you must have the ability to customize your approach on a person by person basis, based on the situation at hand.

emilygilbert
02-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Hi Alec,
I totally agree with you, It is important to give a reward to your employees for good work. Here are some of the skills that every leader must have:
Strategic planning
Confident and Diligent
Honest and fair
Motivation and Trustworthiness
Thanks!!

emilygilbert
04-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Good leadership means identifying the right objective, the best means to reach it, and inspiring others to join you.A good leader is a person who shows his/her results with good performance. Not only his but the entire teamís as well.

Mandy Parker
06-28-2018, 10:46 AM
For me, to become a good leader you must have the skills to foresee thing that might happen, inspiring your followers and be a good listener.

https://www.airtoolswa.com.au

SandraYanceyeWN
07-02-2018, 04:13 AM
The list of characteristics of great leaders is endless. Leadership is a lifestyle, not a position or a title. A good leader is a person who shows his/her results with good performance. Not only his but the entire teamís as well. There are many great qualities a leader may possess, some of them are:
Stay disciplined
Stay true to your own style
Be Authentic
Communicate with others
Be Positive & Optimistic