PDA

View Full Version : What businesses require very little capital

crimsonghost747
03-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Instead of always answering questions, it's time to ask one. :p

Looking at different businesses, most require quite a large amount of capital to start with. Renting the space, buying the items you are selling or need for your service etc. If anyone has ideas of businesses which require very little capital to start, please share them with us.

HeinrichM
03-26-2014, 04:31 AM
If you want to start a business with very little capital, you normally have 2 choices. You can either start an online business or you can start a business from home.

Some low cost business ideas are:

- growing and selling herbs (can do it from your back yard)
- selling at flea markets (can resell products or make your own)
- web design and hosting
- selling unique local products online

The disadvantages with a low cost business is that there is a lot of competition and the potential profit is not always very good.

wandering wildman
03-27-2014, 02:19 AM
I look at freelance writing as running my own business. The costs are absolutely minimal. You can take any skill you have and turn that into a business. Dog-walking is another low cost one.

GottBiz
03-27-2014, 03:48 AM
I believe that the attitude of our great grandparents shines through here. A popular addage of that generation in the U.S. was "If there is a will, there is a way". An idea to support that is there are very few industries that didn't have to start "at the very bottom".

So a better question for you to ask, might be to start off with the things that you are interested in, and then to ask which one of them can you get started with very little start-up capitial. You might find that all of them 'can' be, which gets you to "the passion factor". You will be most "successful" at the things that you are the most passionate about.

If the only thing that you are passionate about is "making money", then experience has taught me that you will most likely find that to be a long, cold, lonely road that only few are able to travel down, and even of those few that can travel down that road they find themselves miserable at the end of their lives, or at best numb.

Taru
03-27-2014, 04:19 AM
I think a good number of businesses can probably be started with minimum capital if one is willing enough to start small, but as for ones that have better chances of survival despite lack of funds for marketing, I'd think selling things online is probably one of them. Since posting items online is free, then you could potentially just start with about 10 items or maybe even less, and then all you'd have to worry about is the extra shipping charges which isn't that much and you could even make the customer shoulder the costs. The most difficult part of this is sourcing the goods that are cheap enough while still being highly sought after to yield significant profits.

owesem75
03-27-2014, 06:06 AM
If you want to start a business with very little capital, you normally have 2 choices. You can either start an online business or you can start a business from home.

- web design and hosting

The disadvantages with a low cost business is that there is a lot of competition and the potential profit is not always very good.

--

This perfectly answers the question on this thread. I like the idea of growing herb and some plants in the backyard and joining the flea market to sell my produce.

garfish
03-27-2014, 06:17 AM
Online business require little amount of capital since all you need is just a skill. few hundred dollars and the will to learn forex trading can get you a fortune and if you consider it a business, you'll be successful. But then skill like this is hard learn and its a struggle to survive in bear and bull battle.

angelicagapit
03-27-2014, 11:05 PM
Online business require little amount of capital since all you need is just a skill. few hundred dollars and the will to learn forex trading can get you a fortune and if you consider it a business, you'll be successful. But then skill like this is hard learn and its a struggle to survive in bear and bull battle.

I definitely agree. Online businesses can really get you somewhere financially. However, due to the advancements in technology and the fact that many people are beginning to find a way to make money online, your online business will not succeed if you don't have marketing. You must be very competitive in the online industry, for many people are starting up their businesses online as well.

Have competitive pricing, a nice website, great customer service, and something different to offer to your niche market.

Good luck on your start-up!

fredkawig
03-28-2014, 06:47 AM
Direct selling is really a good alternative. You just have to sell products at a higher price. Look for a good source though.

crimsonghost747
03-28-2014, 08:54 AM
Thanks a lot for the ideas. I don't really like the online option since where I live I'd require about $1500 to live a normal life per month. Kind of hard to compete with Asians who require 1/10th of that and are obviously willing to do most work for a fraction of the cost.

I really enjoyed the idea of reselling things on flea markets, that's really creative! Also kind of like the idea of growing herbs etc, it will not make a full time profit but could be an interesting side business!

Rainman
03-31-2014, 04:33 AM
Some other business that would require little capital to start:

- If you know some coding, start an app development business. All you might need is just a website and you're good to go. Chances are if you're very good at what you do, you may end up being a millionaire.

- You could also start a virtual assistant business. There are lots of companies or businesses that require workers who work on contract for a few hours a day. This could be great because you can work for different clients or even hire people to work for you and pay earn a commission from them.

- Start a landscaping business. It won't cost you much to advertise your business. All you need to do is print something and slip it under the doors of your neighbors before they get up and wait for the calls . . .

Athenagdlyt
04-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Teaching or tutorial services require low capital to start. It can be very lucrative especially if you are fond of sharing your knowledge to kids and if you have exceptional level of patience. You may be able to earn enough start-up capital from this venture to launch your full-blown business.

I agree with the online freelance businesses that others have already mentioned.

Do what you love and sharpen this particular skill, then make money out of it.

Strykstar
04-03-2014, 05:56 AM
That virtual assistant position sounds very interesting, I didn't know this was a possibility, you mean virtual as in work-from-home, right?
I'd like to try to find some companies that require this service.

Laz_Sz
04-13-2014, 01:30 PM
That virtual assistant position sounds very interesting, I didn't know this was a possibility, you mean virtual as in work-from-home, right?
I'd like to try to find some companies that require this service.

Believe it or not, many companies require virtual assistants. Especially small businesses, who can't afford to hire a full time employee, but still need help. Based on what I've seen, the term virtual assistant covers a wide variety of skills, starting from data entry, online research, writing, scheduling, updating websites/blogs, marketing, target market research, etc. It could be pretty much anything. The best part is, that you can work from anywhere as long as you you have internet connection.

Limpie
04-14-2014, 05:34 AM
I think online businesses require less amount of capital. You don't even need to go out or rent a space, you can work from home.

LindaInPixels
04-15-2014, 09:07 AM
A tuition agency costs almost nothing to set up. All you really need is a website and a phone.

keithwkoch
05-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Research Drop shipping, I can't speak to the success of the model but it's a low cost entry model you may be interested in.
Create a blog in a niche and become an Amazon partner, directing your audience to specific offerings.

Don't get too overwhelmed by the overseas competition. If you provide quality product/service and a timely response model you will succeed.

Cheers and good luck!

yourmobilesitemaker
07-10-2014, 01:37 AM
I would go with starting an online based business because there is much less overhead to worry about, such as inventory and storage as you mentioned.

In addition, you basically have the entire world at your disposal with the internet.

Terry Hopper
07-10-2014, 02:41 AM
I think SEO is a good business with very little capital. You can start it online from your home.

Emilylynch
08-25-2015, 03:36 AM
You can try on creating a online service marketplace website for your locality. The site should allow the service professionals to list their service. When people are searching for a suitable professional to their requirement, they will find the profiles of service professionals listed in your site. This way your platform can be the next big idea for your locality. It may not need much money to invest but you should create the website with functionalities like thumbtack or taskrabbit. You can avail them at smaller price from the web development companies who are offering the clone scripts of the websites like thumbtack.

Ashlesh
12-24-2015, 01:14 AM
There are many online businesses that require little capital:
For eg:
Start a daily deal website like Groupon. You can get readymade script below $250.
Start a multivendor store like ebay, amazon or flipkart. You can get readymade script of the flipkart below $250.

You can get readymade scripts for all business like:
online custom clothing Portal (like Blacklapel or indochino websites)
Essay Writing Portal (like paperduenow or itailor, essayshark)
Food ordering marketplace (like foodpanda)
and lots more.

As far as i think buying a readymade script is much better than building a new business from scratch because of its low budget, less time, error free. More over you get free trial and you dont require any technical knowledge or technical team for operating the system.

Malik Suleman
12-28-2015, 12:13 PM
you just require a good thinking to start out a healthy business

omdata2015
01-09-2016, 05:30 AM
There are many businesses which can be started at low capital or start at very basic level. It depends upon your personal interest and market demand. Alternatively, you can outsource some of your business tasks, such as, database management, information processing, market research, marketing, data entry, to avoid office space, staff expenses, machine or system set-up costs, etc.

The/Studio
02-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Any business begun with us at The/Studio. No out-of-pocket investment, free design, we handle the overhead. It's your job to create and market.

Please message me as we're looking for beta testers of a TeeSpring-esque set-up that could handle many of these opportunities you've thought up here. I'm with The/Studio, a firm that's offering crowdfunded (or purchased) custom clothing via our new platform "Democracy," going beta tomorrow. We manufacture everything from t-shirts to bow ties baseball caps, with over a hundred products to come this year including handbags, dress shirts and more. We offer professional-level customization, including custom hemtags, labels, patches, et cetera - exactly what the big clothiers get to do with their factories, and what some of our customers already do. Get in touch with me via a PM and we'll welcome you aboard the beta - free as it will always be, of course.

Best,
Matthew Eley
The/Studio

peterthejohnson
11-13-2017, 12:38 PM
You could try selling customer returns online. You can look for bargains and resell them. Start small and then expand as your business grows and you learn more about the business.

GlenGBillings
03-30-2018, 09:21 AM
You can take any expertise you have and transform that into a business. Canine strolling is another minimal effort one.

Legion
10-29-2018, 04:48 PM
A business Idea that requires NO capital to start:

A service based business.

I have a small marketing agency with 10 clients and the only thing i spent to get them was time and effort to sell (cold calling, presentations, etc.)

You can use paypal for free to collect payments, and word or powerpoint to make presintation, and a phone or social media to find potential clients

Another business that uses low capital:

Affiliate marketing Coupled with email marketing

You can find other peoples and businesses products, and sell them for a commission by getting people to click a link.

The best way to do this is to build an email list using free traffic which is.. of course free lol

the only costs you will have here is the cost of software for an email auto responder and a website domain, hosting, etc.

this will, depending on the software you choose will cost anywhere from $100 - $300 per month

I put together a free PDF and video training series in the link in my signature for more information on this!

Hope this helps my friend (:

- Rick

brainstorm213
05-14-2019, 03:42 AM
Ugh, interesting information for a begginer

Myra Singh
05-16-2019, 12:44 AM
If you have not yet planned anything and would like to start a business with no investment, then you can also start with an online business. You can get a few Ideas from https://surejob.in/online-business-ideas.html . Even I am planning for the same and getting ideas from such sites.

business2019
07-10-2019, 04:45 PM
Hi,

I will share my experience about business with small of capital. For the type of business model, I choose the dropshipper business model, why? Because a lot of benefit you can getting if you doing the dropshipping, such as :

- no need to storage the products
- no need to ship the products, because shipping will handle from your products resources
- no need spend your capital until you get a send the payment that your products sold
- no need a location that might be you should be a rent
- and many more benefit from this

You just receive a profit from the wholesale price and your own price. Just try...hope will help your business plan.

MeticulousBS
11-05-2019, 05:47 AM
Though it's not clear that how little investment, but still i would like to share some great business ideas which needs low investment (from my perspective).
Banana Powder Manufacturing Unit
Biodiesel
Black Garlic Processing Unit
Coconut Processing Unit
Online Daily Needs Delivery Platform
Edible Cutlery Manufacturing Unit
Food Truck Business
Peanut Butter Manufacturing Unit

Get more such great business ideas:- http://meticulousbplans.com/

MichaelS1
11-16-2019, 09:22 PM
I am also interested in business that requires very small upfront investments. I researched it and I found that it can be some services that you provide. It can be something that you sell on e-Bay if you don't buy it wholesale. It can be some online business when you partner with someone.

ericlove01122
11-23-2019, 06:23 AM
few low-investment business ideas you can start on the side.
Partnership with a drop shipper.
Designing and Developments.
Launch your own book.
Create digital products.
online training and courses.
Sell print-on-demand.
posters, greeting cards, and prints.

vision2020
02-15-2020, 06:13 PM
Here's something that may work for you, especially if you are new to internet marketing like I am.
In this free webinar a new marketer that made a huge commission shows you how to use social media and she even offers to do the work for you to promote and sale their product giving you the commission.
Let me know what you think http://j.mp/ExclusiveTrainingFromWes

bytrol
02-18-2020, 04:15 PM
Hello! I have found such a solution for starting a business at home on a business blog. The main idea is in making beds for dogs, like those on photos, for example. People start to take more and more care for their dogs' and other pet's conditions, including beds, baths, and so on. You can easily check here https://thepetsmaster.com/best-dog-beds/ how much attention people really pay to this point of the pet's life. I think it can be really profitable small business. Especially if you will sell it to other countries also.

Verton
02-19-2020, 01:55 PM
Those where you have really high expertise! Otherwise you will have to compensate your lack or expertise with money )

Lilykevin86
07-02-2020, 03:49 AM
So you need to work for yourself? Start an effective business? In any case, you stress over the hazard and potential difficulty that accompanies financing your business.

Lilykevin86
07-16-2020, 12:48 AM
Being a Virtual Assistant, obviously, requires professionality when reached, as you may begin working with short notification, so you will be required to be prepared.

shuvasishphotography
11-06-2020, 08:07 PM
Online businesses requires a little amount of capital since all you need is just a skill. A few hundred dollars and the will to learn forex trading can get you a fortune and if you consider it a business, you'll be successful. But then skill like this is hard learn and it's a struggle to survive in bear and bull battle.
Direct selling is really a good alternative. You just have to sell products at a higher price. Look for a good source though.

thetravelights
11-06-2020, 10:22 PM

- web design and hosting

These are surely some of the good examples. If we see the businesses in short then it's all about having a quick solution to offer with maximum impact. That also with the highest amount of reach. All online businesses fulfill the same.

If we see then online businesses are mostly mediators or connectors, like Airbnb doesn't own properties, Uber doesn't own cabs, and so on. And the best part is they are nearly everywhere in the world.

In terms of return on investment further, it's even better than Gold. :p

However, we at thetravelights.com, provide business consultation to early-stage start-ups and build affordable technology solutions. No need to wait for a technical co-founder.

Nags
12-16-2020, 12:16 AM
I look at freelance writing as running my own business. The costs are absolutely minimal. You can take any skill you have and turn that into a business. Dog-walking is another low cost one.

ourstory.id
01-23-2021, 08:26 AM
You can become freelance writer

Lilykevin86
02-25-2021, 01:49 AM
Boats as occasion settings. Individuals love the water, and there's appeal for activities around it. Sell your substance for a membership charge on Patron. Independent (fashioner, designer, essayist, advertiser) Dog (or different pets) strolling administration. Gathering advertiser. On-request tire fix. On-request anything. Blog or video blog.

master007
03-26-2021, 01:10 PM

lishmaliny
05-13-2021, 12:28 PM
Partner with a dropshipper.
Design and sell print-on-demand t-shirts.
Launch your own book.
Create digital products or courses.
Sell print-on-demand posters, greeting cards, and prints.
Start a charitable business.
Sell a service.
Create an online fashion boutique.

nadiasonii
07-07-2021, 01:07 AM
You can do online business

Nags
07-07-2021, 10:06 AM
I believe that the attitude of our great grandparents shines through here. A popular addage of that generation in the U.S. was "If there is a will, there is a way". An idea to support that is there are very few industries that didn't have to start "at the very bottom".