PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't affiliate marketing working for me?

Jatelo2
03-24-2014, 03:33 AM
Like every new blogger, I'm confronted with blog monetization tips that look very lucrative but which I know very little about. You guessed right, I applied for Amazon, Blue Host and other affiliate programs with the hope of making some decent income from my blog.

After months of handwork in promoting the affiliate links and attracting readers to my blog I'm disappointed to announce that I've not earned a dime.

What am I missing? Why is it that people are making more from affiliate programs that pay me nothing?

Any tips would help. My blog is topratedtips.com

Thanks in advance.

gHiros
03-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Like every new blogger, I'm confronted with blog monetization tips that look very lucrative but which I know very little about. You guessed right, I applied for Amazon, Blue Host and other affiliate programs with the hope of making some decent income from my blog.

After months of handwork in promoting the affiliate links and attracting readers to my blog I'm disappointed to announce that I've not earned a dime.

What am I missing? Why is it that people are making more from affiliate programs that pay me nothing?

Any tips would help. My blog is topratedtips.com

Thanks in advance.

I visited your blog, and noticed that your Alexa Ranking is a respectable 280,000, so you are definitely getting traffic to your site. But as you mentioned, your visitors are not converting into customers. And the million dollar question is "WHY?!?", correct? Well, for starters, do you know what keywords your visitors are using to find your site? Also, is your niche too broad? Maybe you need to narrow it down into a more specific niche. Somehow, your offers on the sidebar don't exactly match your blog posts. And, you have nice reviews on your blog post, however, you don't have any related offers on them.

Good Luck!

Vash
04-01-2014, 03:33 AM
I am curious how much traffic do you get daily? In term of unique visitors. What's your traffic source?
Only when you get decent traffic, there comes decent profit.

However, there is one more important thing. How do you promote your affiliation links on your blog? Affiliation programs do not work the same way as CPM or CPC ads. Don't expect just throw a few banners or links around and the money will roll in. You must write content specialized to promote certain products, and in the end you must call for action along with direct affiliation link to those products. Some most successful affiliates would even write one article for each product just to get the maximal effect.

P.S. I just checked your blog. You indeed made that mistake. You have Amazon banner on the side bar. It's not going to work. From an experienced Amazon affiliate, he said after some testing the banner ads only accounted for less than 5% of his total revenue. I have experienced the same. The Amazon banner ads never made a single sale for me. Most sales were made through text links within the content. (Hyperlink product names within your articles with affiliation links).

Rainman
04-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Most new affiliate marketers make the same mistake as Vash notes.

If you want to make money as an affiliate marketer, you need to know who your readers are first, the stuff they like etc. Analyze your stats and us the information to your advantage. If most of your readers are women for example, then beauty products won't fail to entice them.

And please ensure that your affiliate links go within the body of your article. Spread them out to increase the chances of getting a click.

ElvisPresley
04-01-2014, 09:11 AM
The thing is that affiliate marketing isn't easy. We all hear about guys making thousands of dollars a week, but these people are few and far between. I saw a statistic once that basically said that only 10% (it may have been less) will succeed.And the large part of the reason for that is because people don't realize that it's hard work, although maybe it was easier a few years ago, but today there is so much more competition that there was. People are lied to all of the time about online marketing. They are basically told that it's easy, when in fact it's not. So I'm not surprised that you are having a tough time, because that's normal. If you are working as much as you would be at a full-time job then something is wrong, but if you're setting up a site and then just waiting for people to buy something, you'll be disappointed.

Ted255
04-02-2014, 10:54 AM
I had a look at your blog and I feel that all the ads in the sidebar and in your header are not a good fit for your content. Products from markethealth are not going to be selling that well. Believe me I used them and they are very poor at converting visitors into sales. Try to put amazon affiliate links at the begging of your posts and at the end. Try to put products that match your content in the posts. It will take some work to search on Amazon for a related product that fits each post you have but it's all worth it. See which pages are bringing in decent traffic and focus on the first 3-4 of them and target them a lot better. You could even put products (in your sidebar) that focus on these 3-4 posts that are getting the bulk of your traffic. This way you will surely make money in no time.I can't believe that you are doing this for months and still haven't made any sales.

Also you can put some Google Adsense ads right beneath the title of a post (this is were it will get the most clicks). Just place one of these bad boys on your main visited pages and you will get click on your first 1-3 days with the kind of traffic you are getting.

Don't give up! Just stay with it and start making changes and it will all work out!

ursell
04-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info. I've learned more in this forum then I have ever about affiliate marketing because
usually the experts keep all the info to themselves. They don't share and you have to try to figure it out
for yourself.

mikelouis
04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
You need to understand that people are joining these programs everyday so be sure that they will not be easy to sell your products. It is just that the competition is too much that is the reason why you are not having any sales coming your way. I would say that you try other sites and see how they go about.

cashbackadverts
12-19-2017, 04:40 AM
Hi all,

we have opened registration for https://CashbackAdverts.com

Our prelaunch phase will start in January 2018 and we expect to start operate in full power by the end Q3 2018

We will bring you 200% withdrawal limit and 100% referrals commission.

Only Europe continent is supported for now, if you will be active you can make some nice cash

salenaadam
01-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Affiliate marketing is when you get paid a commission for promoting services for other companies.The affilate is also known as the publisher ,Affiliate marketing is a performance-based marketing program, where an external partner is rewarded a commission for delivering a specific result to a merchant or advertiser.

shuritisharma
10-06-2018, 01:09 AM
I visited your blog, and saw that you need to optimize your content. so it will be help to increase google presence and traffic. and focus some search engine activity (http://www.digidir.com). In any case, as you said, your guests are not changing over into clients. What's more, you have pleasant audits on your blog entry, be that as it may, you don't have any related offers on them.
you need to optimize your content. it will help to increase traffic on your website.

essencepk
11-06-2019, 01:10 AM
Getting straight to the answer - yes, affiliate marketing does still work in 2019!

newlooksales
01-01-2020, 10:41 AM
Hi Jatelo2,
How is your current income from your blog? I have seen your website, this is a very good website. I think, if you do SEO for your website, can earn much from your site.

vision2020
02-15-2020, 08:02 PM
If you are a complete beginner like I am, you can give this free webinar a try that will show you starting right now how to make your first sale. They have a "done for you" plan that will get you sales on autopilot. Sign up for the free webinar here: http://yourmindyourfuture.com

Lirena
02-24-2020, 04:31 AM
Why do you need to invest for the long haul? If you do not have enough money, you can earn even more ... The chance to bet on the phone on your favorite team at any time of the day or night during the match is an idea, that attracts millions of people around the world. Here https://info-1xbet.com/ you can find something interesting and please, open your mind!

Tayra
02-24-2020, 05:14 AM
Thanks to you, Lirena! I think it`s one of the ideas to do affiliate marketing. Betting on football - general thing between many different people.

mehul bhanderi
02-27-2020, 11:31 PM
to make money with affiliate you have to promote links or products which is related to your post.
example: if you are giving movie reviews, it is not suitable to promote hosting.
hope it helps you

moviez-lover (http://moviez-lover.com)

johnbluee
01-21-2021, 06:44 AM
I can understand bro. If people are visiting to your site but are not converting then try to make content more attractive and persuasive. And try place a buttons on which write Check price on Amazon and Try to insert affiliate links into images. If someone click on image and goes to amazon but not buy at that time then its ok, in the next 24 if visitor go to amazon and buy other product, you will get a commession.

RaniaRanii3
02-06-2021, 03:06 AM
On of the main motivations associate promoting doesn't work for a great many people is on the grounds that they are gaining from fraudsters. Those are altogether benefits that cost extra as you're fundamentally paying another person to accomplish the work, however the free record is all that anyone could need to show you how to prevail with subsidiary advertising yourself.

debora
02-07-2021, 11:56 PM
On of the biggest reasons affiliate marketing does not work for most people is because they are learning from fraudsters. Those are all services that cost extra as you're basically paying someone else to do the work, but the free account is more than enough to teach you how to succeed with affiliate marketing yourself.

ruslanovna
02-17-2021, 09:46 AM
I am used to spending my free time gambling. The selection of games today is decent, my favorite game is blackjackdoc (https://blackjackdoc.com/). I play blackjack in free mode, in order to spend interesting free time playing this game, it is enough to start choosing a game provider. Then you need to decide on the version of the game, since in the modern world there are several interesting and new interpretations of this classic game.

nadiasonii
05-17-2021, 01:16 AM
On of the biggest reasons affiliate marketing does not work for most people is because they are learning from fraudsters... Those are all services that cost extra as you're basically paying someone else to do the work, but the free account is more than enough to teach you how to succeed with affiliate marketing yourself.

RaniaRanii3
05-17-2021, 05:02 AM
On of the main motivations associate promoting doesn't work for a great many people is on the grounds that they are gaining from fraudsters. Those are for the most part benefits that cost extra as you're fundamentally paying another person to accomplish the work, however the free record is all that could possibly be needed to show you how to prevail with partner promoting yourself.

miraclemarketing
05-18-2021, 08:02 AM
Hi Everyone!
we will get you the best opportunity to get free " How to Earn a 6-Figure Side-Income Online (https://bit.ly/3wgftiS) "

raviseo121
05-25-2021, 04:21 AM
Thanks for sharing with us

MikeWill07
06-01-2021, 01:51 AM
To develop this type of income is important to have an untwisted website to advertise the product!