PDA

View Full Version : Implementing Offline Marketing as an Internet Marketing Strategy

centralnetwork
03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 1:9 that "there is nothing new under the sun." Putting this into an online context we can find that it is true, and while many innovative internet marketing strategies are "new" in the virtual world, the true fact is that they are simply the implementation of "old school" techniques that were teleported and adapted to the World Wide Web.

I myself have implemented some of them to promote my online ventures, including the use of online classified ads as a part of my promotional strategy, topic of another discussion I'm about to start.

But back on Internet Marketing as a whole concept, I would really like to know how many of you have thought to implement offline marketing strategies to make your online projects succeed. Is there a particular experience or anecdote you would like to share with us?

I have some on my own that gladly will share if you are really interested, but I want to know first your thoughts on this topic ;)

Rainman
03-26-2014, 05:41 AM
I fully agree. There are many ways offline marketing can be altered just a little and transferred to the internet. In magazines may you've come across an article that is pretentiously informational but is actually advertising some product or service? The same can work online. You could write a review of a product you're interested in and include numerous links to the store[s] where the product can be bought.

gadgetised
03-26-2014, 05:43 AM
I find just telling friends and people I meet about my website is a great way to get some new regular visitors. It also helps when it comes to getting new followers on Facebook and Twitter. I guess that would be classed as offline marketing.

pahagwl
03-26-2014, 03:13 PM
In my opinion, it is very important that you are able to create an awareness for your website. This is due to the reason that the traffic will only increase when more and more people come to know about it. And offline marketing is something which can help you achieve this. By placing billboards which advertise your website, facebook page, etc, you can greatly increase your brand awareness.

fredkawig
03-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Advertising offline is a way to promote your online business as you can talk to real people and tell them to visit your website and the like.

foduu1
03-27-2014, 12:38 AM
In my opinion, it is very important that you are able to create an awareness for your website. This is due to the reason that the traffic will only increase when more and more people come to know about it. And offline marketing is something which can help you achieve this. By placing billboards which advertise your website, facebook page, etc, you can greatly increase your brand awareness.

printer
07-08-2014, 04:52 AM
facebook,tweeter etc are offline marketing sites with which you can generate more traffic on your website.

yourmobilesitemaker
07-09-2014, 12:59 AM
Banner ads can basically be thought of as virtual flyers or virtual posters.

suzannemarlin
09-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Most of the companies prefer Online marketing for boosting their sales .Social media marketing is more in trend like Facebook and Twitter where you can post your ads and can increase your presence (http://www.pitchussocial.com) online .

Click
09-18-2014, 01:57 AM
In my opinion you should integrate both offline and online for your website promotional activities (http://www.clickpointsolution.com/Click-Point-SEO.asp) with little or no cost at all. Try promoting your business through mouth-of-words, join social media platforms like FB, TWITTER etc. and do other online promotional activities through forum postings, blog commentings and classified submissions in popular and nich sites with high traffics. I think this would be enough to get a good amount of traffic initially without much spending.

Hope you'll find it useful. :cool:

paul80424
10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
I started using text message marketing. While I am out and about I can use my virtual business card and take their number instead of giving them a traditional biz card. Then they are on my text message marketing list. Of course, I tell them that I send out up to 4 message a month to keep everyone updated. I able to attach a link to the first text that they receive to my web page. Seems to work pretty well.

amayajace
08-16-2019, 06:56 AM
Make Your Packaging Stand Out. ...
Engage Local Media. ...
Rent Billboard Space. ...
Talk to the Press. ...
Create Branded Merchandise. ...
Network All the Time. ...
Run Cross-Promotions. ...
Revamp Your Storefront.

qdcmkt
08-17-2019, 05:28 AM
What are the offline mearketing channels for B2B SaaS companies in India

QDC Software
Quick Dry Cleaning(QDC) Software offers tools to grow your Dry-cleaning; laundry business revenue with complete employee, customer; business management. Best suited for Single store; Multi stores, Factory management & Home pickup & delivery management.
Service more customers, automate your billing & garment tagging and stay ahead of the competition with our complete business management solution.
QDC is a one-stop solution for managing your multi-store laundry & dry cleaning business. Control and monitor all your stores and plants from a single location with ease.
Give your targets a reason to switch from their existing laundry provider and gain an edge over your competition.
Quick Dry Cleaning Software, a product of DC Web Services Pvt Ltd, is a complete business management solution for Dry Cleaning and Laundry businesses.

JJesica
10-17-2019, 12:49 PM
Ok, Got It, Thanks for sharing the valuable information.

amayajace
11-01-2019, 04:25 AM
Make Your Packaging Stand Out.
Engage Local Media.
Rent Billboard Space.
Talk to the Press.
Create Branded Merchandise.
Network All the Time.

amayajace
11-05-2019, 05:49 AM
Make Your Packaging Stand Out.
Engage Local Media.
Rent Billboard Space.
Talk to the Press.
Create Branded Merchandise.
Network All the Time.

JJesica
01-26-2020, 08:17 AM
Thanks for sharing the informative information, But I also want to know about it in details.

Geetha john
11-06-2020, 11:26 PM
One of the best offline marketing is networking in places where you can find your target audience. For example if you are a business owner offering services you should take some high quality business cards details with your contact details (name, telephone, email, address, social media links) and at the back of the card should be a graphic (with the website address) for a something free like a free PDF which you can download. For example if you are offering SEO services then it could be a PDF for the top 20 SEO things you should do for your website. This should be an incentive to get prospective buyers onto your email list. When you meet potential buyers you should also get their contact details and later follow up with them by phone. You can also bring along fliers and leaflets with further information about your business.

Another offline marketing technique can be to place an ad in a newspaper or relevant magazine. In the ad you should have a website address which goes to a dedicated landing page in which you are able to track the leads from the ad to make sure that it is providing value for money. You need to make sure that your target audience would be readers of such a newspaper or magazine.

You can also send direct mail to the address of individuals. There are direct mailing brokers which you can use in individual countries such there is a company called Hilite Direct Marketing Services in the UK. Mail brokers manage lists (either their own lists and/or lists from other companies and individuals). For example they could have a list of people who have bought a book on a certain topic.

If you are attending an event, often the event promoter physically sends out a ticket. By asking for your address to be able to send a ticket, they then have your address details which they could use to market to in the future. They could also do a joint venture with other individuals and use a physical address to market this joint venture.

When you use offline marketing you need to be aware of who you want to market to (gender, age, income, interests etc) as well as their location (city, region, country etc) and choose a medium which is suitable. Newsletters, for example, have a profile which is skewed to those in the higher age bracket.

raviseo120
11-07-2020, 11:28 AM
thanks for sharing with us

jayam12
11-18-2020, 04:48 AM
Keep Your Messaging Consistent Across All Platforms. ...
Engage in Teaser Advertising. ...
Reincarnate Your Content Marketing. ...
Get Personal in Your Customers' Mailboxes. ...
Build a Mobile App.

mithu
11-18-2020, 04:53 AM
Business Cards. Investing in well-made business cards is one of the most effective ways to get your business out there. ...
Create pamphlets and flyers. ...
Publish a book. ...
Rebrand. ...
Offer coupons. ...
Send out seasonal cards and gifts. ...
Cross-promotion. ...
Community engagement.

MASTERO
11-19-2020, 12:01 AM
Offline Marketing Strategies. Direct Mail – “Snail mail,” as it's commonly referred to, is one of the most commonly used mediums in offline marketing campaigns. Discount Pricing – Another way to drive customers directly to a company's website is to offer coupons online.