PDA

View Full Version : Paypal debit card.

Eagles910
03-24-2014, 05:17 PM
Paypal' prepaid debit card is the easiest way to transfer your money from Payapl. Not only can you use the cards routing number as your bank account with Paypal. You can also get insta transfers from your Paypal account. They only cost $4.95 a month, and you get free transactions, and teller withdrawals.

Do any of you guys use the Paypal prepaid debit card?

mramirsking
03-25-2014, 09:17 PM
My Paypal account got limited because I made too many claims against companies that never delivered. I had no idea they would do such a thing. it was a right nightmare and had to contact companies paying me to give me my new paypal account that i set up. The paypal fees are quite a lot and more than the likes of perfect money. What I don't get about paypal is why they refused claims that were against services saying they only give claims to actual products when they had given service claims before!
I have never used a paypal prepaid debit card before, i find paying by paypal the traditional way easy enough.

ZammyCash
03-25-2014, 09:26 PM
I don't as of right now but will definitely look into the process of getting one. It looks as though it may come handy.

fredkawig
03-25-2014, 11:58 PM
I don't need one. I only use paypal for small purchases and receiving income.

Rainman
03-26-2014, 03:16 AM
The paypal debit card is available only in certain countries only. So, willingness to use or obtain the card, will be determined by your nationality. If you qualify . . .

Then we get to, their charges. It makes no difference if you can access your funds directly or not. If you've linked another debit card, the same could be apply and any fees your bank would charge would be quite low. The $4.95 Paypal charge per month is ridiculous. It's a little too high.

pahagwl
03-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Well I have heard about the Paypal Debit Card from a number of folks. And I have to say that I am impressed with the amount of features they offer for the price. I have also heard people say that this card helps you in making international transactions pretty easy and painless. I have been trying to get one for myself too but it has been stuck due to technical reasons.

stacyje
03-26-2014, 03:14 PM
I love paypal, I load my paypal card up with an instant transfer card. I shop and I use it to take the place of western union . as long as the person has an email account and a paypal account it is so much easier and cheaper to send money. I pay all my bills.

loraanna
03-27-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't use one now but I think now that I will. The process to get your money with paypal now is so simple.
I think a debit card will make it even more convenient, and you don't have to use your bank account. I use DWOLLA
now with some of my freelance jobs and it takes forever to get paid. That sounds a lot better.

bauss
03-27-2014, 01:04 PM
I don't use a Paypal debit card, because I don't think it's available for Canadians. I'd definitely get one if it was available though, it'd make me use my Paypal account more often, and It'd be nice to be able to buy things at stores with my Paypal money.

AB9100
03-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Thank you for this suggestion. This is exactly what i need. I recently opened a thread about using a Greendot card for this exact purpose. The problem with Greendot is they do not mail your card!

I like the $4.95 a month fee because Greendot charges $6. Plus you have to pay every time you use it. Which is absolutely ridiculous, but i had no other option at the time. The fact that the PayPal prepaid debit card offers instant transfers is a amazing. That fact alone sold this product to me.

I will be canceling my account with Greendot, and opening one with Paypal prepaid immediately.

DomDom
03-27-2014, 06:28 PM
I honestly dislike PayPal and think their service is pretty bad, especially on eBay. The system is rigged against sellers and there is little they can do.

Rosyrain
03-28-2014, 02:57 PM
I have found that just transferring the money from my PayPal account to my bank account is much easier. This is a personal decision for me, so it should be taken with a grain of salt :) I find that I can better track my expenses and purchases using my own bank account and it is much easier to get ahold of someone at the bank should I have questions. I have a bank that is fairly small and their customer service is great...not so great when dealing with the fine folks at PayPal.

ZammyCash
03-28-2014, 03:39 PM
I did a little research on it turned out to be applicable only for US residents. It was quite disappointing but it still seems like a great service for those of you who can apply for it!

ursell
03-28-2014, 04:14 PM
No I don't use paypal debit card because of the fees you have to pay a month and I just use paypal just to get paid.

DomDom
03-28-2014, 05:36 PM
I also use PayPal to get paid mostly. They are the only universal service giver in that regard unfortunately.

mikelouis
03-28-2014, 11:55 PM
That sounds great but the only problem is that it applies to people in the US alone. People in other countries always have a problem withdrawing money from PayPal they have to use other methods.

jswindell
03-29-2014, 07:10 PM
Agreed. I've had a PP Business Debit card for over 5 years and never paid a monthly fee. In fact, long-time users are offered incentives.

The only issue I've had is that the card is offered through Chase Bank BUT because I'm not a regular account holder, I get charged $3 per withdrawal at Chase ATMs. This wasn't always the case. However, Chase claimed to have a savings account for people who were restructuring their personal finances but they're picky about that.

Lostvalleyguy
03-29-2014, 10:07 PM
The biggest concern with getting one of these cards is that Paypal can limit the use of the card and your Paypal account. The 4.95 might sound like a good thing but you may save more in the long run with a card through a bank as there are more rules that the bank must comply with before altering your agreement. It is the price of convenience on this card that worries me. Just make sure you read all the fine print with Paypal so you don't end up locking yourself out of your own money and paying bank fees because Paypal hasn't put the cash where you need it to be.

wandering wildman
03-29-2014, 11:24 PM
I have never used it. I did not realize that they would charge you for this service. AB9100 makes a good analysis in price however. I would say go for it if it is the cheapest and most reliable product within its niche.

canoe
03-30-2014, 12:29 AM
I find it interesting that you say it costs only $4.95 per month. For any other debit card, that would be a ridiculous amount. Obviously, a paypal debit may have certain advantages over bank debit if, say, the majority of your business's revenue is paid through paypal. In such a case, saving a few business days for bank transfers could certainly be worth the monthly fee but I say for most everyday users, it's a waste of time.

DomDom
03-30-2014, 05:35 PM
A waste of time and working with PayPal who I really have nothing nice to say for.

ElvisPresley
03-30-2014, 09:10 PM
I wish they offered it in my country (Canada). It's such a pain in the butt having to wait for the money to be transferred to my bank. The average waiting time is about three days.

harpy
03-31-2014, 11:39 AM
Glad to know Paypal has been nice to you; I have not been very lucky with them. Paypal hates me and while I still have a Paypal account, I only use it for some of the most trivial purchases I can think of. I don't think I'll subscribe to their debit card, the fees are just crazy for us low-income folk and if your account receives a certain amount of flags (initiated by shady customers or by Paypal's ridiculous fraud protection policy), you could lose your account and all the money that's in it. I sound so bitter, but I sell baking supplies online and have been screwed over by Paypal a couple of times.

Where to start... I was banned from Paypal once because the bank account linked with my Paypal account did not have enough funds to cover their exorbitant transaction costs. This happened a couple of times (my mistake, I know!); one day, I just received an email from them telling me they've decided to part ways with me. The process to withdrawing my money was hell. I can't imagine letting Paypal have access to my money for a long period of time.

Good on those who have a Paypal debit card; if Paypal fixed their policies, I would probably get one (but naturally, I might weigh costs again versus opening an online account with my bank). Recently, I've been looking at Charles Schwab checking accounts, which is an online banking alternative. They're quite well known for being an investment bank, but they do checking accounts as well. What I like about them is that they handle international transactions without charging the money sender and recipient any foreign transaction fees or ATM fees. The conversion rates are good too, unlike Paypal's. Unfortunately, you can't deposit any cash, everything has to be done by cheque.

Anyway, it's just an alternative. If you're in the same boat as I am about Paypal, I guess Charles Schwab might work for you.

Rosyrain
03-31-2014, 01:37 PM
I have heard that there are many issues with the PayPal card, like it looses money? I have never personally used one. I find it simpler just to have my earnings transfer from PayPal to my bank account.

sweetkymom
03-31-2014, 07:58 PM
I absolutely love having my PayPal account but I refuse to get their prepaid debit card. Why would I pay $4.95 to load money to my card from PayPal when I can just transfer my funds to my checking account for free? My bank doesn't charge me for loading my account from PayPal.

yossup
04-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Why would you pay $4.95 per month just to use a debit card? Do you realize how ridiculously expensive that is? It's a debit card for christ's sake. Unless you are a business that primarily operates through paypal and would save a lot of money by not having to wait a couple business days for the bank transfer, it's best to avoid this debit card.

DomDom
04-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Why would you pay $4.95 per month just to use a debit card? Do you realize how ridiculously expensive that is? It's a debit card for christ's sake. Unless you are a business that primarily operates through paypal and would save a lot of money by not having to wait a couple business days for the bank transfer, it's best to avoid this debit card.

Smart words, avoid PayPal!

HeinrichM
04-03-2014, 07:17 PM
I do not have a PayPal debit card yet but intend getting one soon. most of the work that i do online gets paid via PayPal and with the debit card it will be easier and a lot faster to access my funds. The monthly fee of $4.95 is very reasonable. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

mramirsking
04-04-2014, 08:29 PM
I dont know if its worth paying all that money for a prepaid debit card, I dont see what the benefits are. Unless I suppose your running a large business and can't wait for pending withdrawals then it might be handy. I would have though you can get pre paid debit cards for free in other places. Does the card have any other benefits besides the ones you mentioned? It sounds like its a lot better than greendot from what this other poster is writing. Maybe if I was using Paypal a lot more i would consider one, but Im not happy with paypal for asking a million difficult questions when they limit my account.

PaulCargo
10-27-2014, 06:50 AM
The Paypal business debit card is not having any direct bill pay feature. There are having several benefits to link your to a particular account. This will increase the amount of money you can receive and withdraw from a Paypal account. You can add more then one card to your Paypal account.

thomasjessie345
11-07-2014, 04:27 AM
The PayPal Business Debit Card accelerates your cash flow by providing direct access to your PayPal balance and you can earn unlimited 1% cash back on your eligible purchases everywhere.

David T. Breen
11-15-2014, 05:20 AM
Yes i have a PayPal prepaid debit card for managing my finances.
Getting most effective prepaid debit card was one time a process usually arranged for persons who had problems opening up a bank account. Nowadays, prepaid debit cards are getting a lot more flexible. Many people and students are on a regular basis using them to handle their money.

Grabowski
11-29-2014, 07:36 AM
Now, people are using Paypal account for money transfer. You can also use cryptocoin method for money exchange. With the help of cryptography you can exchange currency online. It is also a safe method to exchange money via internet.