PDA

View Full Version : Are Classifieds Ads a Good Advertising Technique Still?

centralnetwork
03-24-2014, 06:20 PM
I must admit that the bigger influence in my life when it comes to doing business is my father, who is a media man. I learned from him about the effectiveness of classified ads in the print media and used newspapers and magazines to advertise my first ever sales projects.

However online classifieds work in similar way that its offline counterpart, with the advantage to reach a larger target audience that seems appealing to anyone seeking for good conversations.

Mixing online and offline advertising techniques, classifieds were my main advertising method for years, but today I feel this type of promotion is losing effectiveness, perhaps because the offer is saturated and the demand has decreased. Not sure about this.

So what do you think of this? Are classified ads services dead? Is there any promotional potential behind them or people have moved away from them?

eagle22
03-25-2014, 09:48 PM
I would say back in around 2006 or 2007 I used classified ad sites all the time to promote my websites, and it worked incredibly well! However, as time went on it became less and less effective. Now it's a the point where I really don't see a point in using them. I might get one or two visitors to my site, but that's not worth the trouble to me.

Taru
03-26-2014, 03:49 AM
I wouldn't consider it dead, but it has certainly slowed down a bit since sites have started to put up their own marketplaces. It probably has just plateaued and understandably so, as it's just the nature of everything, given enough time. It's unfortunate, but I think it's alright as it's still very much useful as a secondary source of advertising, unlike before when I imagine people were able to profit off of it using it as their primary means.

Rainman
03-26-2014, 04:32 AM
You'd be amazed by how many people actually read classified ads. The numbers may have reduced a little but consider the fact that you lose nothing when you place an ad on craiglist, gumtree and most of the other free ad sites. The great thing about such ads is that if someone sees your ad and visits your site or store, they are genuinely interested in what you have to offer.

The effectiveness of a classified ad depends entirely on how you present it. Use a catchy title, include a cool photo of what you're selling and only enough information to pique interest. Try that and see if the ads won't be effective.

HeinrichM
03-26-2014, 04:38 AM
I have also found that classified ads are not as effective as what it use to be 5 to 8 years ago. With classified ads it currently depends on the type of product or service that you provide. For some products or services classified ads are still a great option. The best way to go about things would be to still use classified ads as part of your marketing strategy but to focus more attention on alternative options.

garfish
03-26-2014, 04:50 AM
Local classified ads works best because you get to have specific target audience unlike selling things worldwide. Its still a good advertising technique, infact I am selling digital product targeted for people everywhere in the world but the first client i got is just nearby my city and it started when I advertised my site in a local classified ad site.

jswindell
03-26-2014, 10:17 AM
I believe it's what is offered in the classified ad as well as the current demand. Right now, my small business is in a transitional phase but not long ago, I benefited greatly from the ads.

Long before becoming a marketing major, I created ads that were visual and got to the point right away. For instance, when I needed writers for my newsletter, I placed a link to my blog so they could get an idea of the tone as well as payment options (PayPal or check). Any questions that were not answered in the ad could contact me directly.

I ran these ads for a few weeks and it helped me grow my audience long before I was aware of things like keyword density, social media, and using an auto-responder.

Today, I use online classified ads to shop for a car. Immediately, I filter my search for images, the maximum I am willing to spend, and the earliest year. This saves time when it comes to the buying process. So, when it comes to ads I may place, I try to think like the customer.

owesem75
03-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Classified Ads is not dead and to me personally, it is still as good as advertising technique. It may not reach a wider scale of audience, but it is a good platform for new and smaller companies to advertise their services. Also, despite the popularity of online advertisement, classified ads remains on broadsheets, magazines and other printed materials but has evolved in a much different way to be a little more competitive than the usual.

yossup
04-02-2014, 01:29 AM
It depends on the niche. Take for example sublets and employment. These do very well in classified ads these days but you won't find much success from other niches.

canoe
04-02-2014, 08:29 AM
It depends on the niche. Take for example sublets and employment. These do very well in classified ads these days but you won't find much success from other niches.

Indeed it all depends on the niche my friend. So many people are looking for jobs these days that you can easily take advantage of the employment section on craigslist to help your IM strategies. Niches like electronics and such that don't do well on craigslist on the other hand, won't be helpful. Think, think, think!

fredkawig
04-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Classified ads are still a great way to advertise, specially to a particular group of people that still read magazines and newspapers and the like, usually the older people respond to such ads and some younger kids.

ElvisPresley
04-02-2014, 09:23 AM
I would say that they are not as effective as they once were, but then again it would depend on what you are advertising. Craigslist for example, gets a ton of hits each and everyday.

harpy
04-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I found good deals via newspapers so I wouldn't scratch classified ads off my list of advertising techniques, however, to echo yossup, it all depends on the niche and the products you are selling. I refer to my local newspaper's classified ads if I'm looking for second-hand heavy machinery that have little chances of being sold over the internet or in other towns because they're simply too expensive to transport. My last purchase was a little over 5 years ago so I guess classified ads are still effective, but definitely not as effective as before.

I guess you can still utilize classified ads for localized business or if your market is within your immediate community. Responses pool in faster that way. Or you could do what most marketers do and utilize print media and the web for localized marketing.

centralnetwork
04-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Thank you guys for all of your input. I can see now that classifieds ads have the potential to reach prospective clients/visitors/fans/etc but yes, it might not be the same of the early days.

After all, the web is continuously evolving as it is marketing, hence advertising strategies may change but today's and yesterday's promotional tools are there to explore such a potential.

Agree, newspapers, localized marketing and online services such as Craigslist are a good example of all this.

myadvtcorner
04-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Yes classified ad is a good advertising technique.Classified ad (http://www.myadvtcorner.com/) is helpful in targeting you particular market you wish to reach, where and budget. Myadvtcorner is popular I.N.S. accredited Advertising Agency specializing in classified Ad bookings online.

peter90
04-03-2014, 02:41 AM
yes, Online Classifieds Advertisement is good technique to advertise your product .Some sites r very good where you get ample of buyers to buy your product like 4yourprice.com (http://4yourprice.com/) . where you get good buyers and products .

peterdrucker27
06-28-2014, 06:01 AM
Local classified ads works best because you get to have specific target audience unlike selling things worldwide. Its still a good advertising technique.

LAman
06-30-2014, 12:40 PM
I think general classifieds for the most part are dead. niche classifieds still work well for targeting specific set of demographics.

Tweetcinema
07-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Well classified ads can be considered as a great tool for promoting the website and other services......

jesslee
07-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Classified techniques were mostly used before 2 or 3 years.They are still used and are effective for the promotion of your business but Its all depends upon your type of business.

oilpower
01-24-2016, 11:15 PM
Classifieds ads are good for advertising but now the time of technology, for advertising you must go with social media and get more traffic. promote your business on twitter, facebook, linkedin and G+.

Ability Dubai
01-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Whatever it may be classified always get the attention form people. It is most useful for increasing page traffic.

johnraintree
05-08-2019, 01:29 AM
Indeed it all depends on the niche my friend. So many people are looking for jobs these days that you can easily take advantage of the employment section on craigslist to help your IM strategies. Niches like electronics and such that don't do well on craigslist on the other hand, won't be helpful. Think, think, think!

You are saying true my friend.

abdulkaddir
05-08-2019, 01:39 AM
Yes, it is still very efficient.

NgocHLV
09-28-2019, 03:02 AM
https://maylanhhailongvan.vn/tin-tuc/may-lanh-am-tran-midea-dong-may-lanh-am-tran-cassette-gia-re-nhat.html

https://maylanhhailongvan.vn/may-lanh/am-tran-daikin/

https://maylanhhailongvan.vn/may-lanh/am-tran-mitsubishi-heavy/

https://maylanhhailongvan.vn/may-lanh/may-lanh-am-tran-panasonic-s18pu1h5u18pv1h5-2hp-gas-r410a.html

https://maylanhhailongvan.vn/may-lanh/am-tran-lg/

https://maylanhhailongvan.vn/may-lanh/may-lanh-am-tran-gree-gkh30.html

amayajace
10-16-2019, 06:38 AM
Mobile.
TV.
Video.
Email.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Retargeting.
Podcasts.

amayajace
10-17-2019, 04:00 AM
Mobile.
TV.
Video.
Email.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Retargeting.

peddletech
11-27-2019, 03:59 AM
buy thermal printer online (https://www.peddletech.com/thermal-printers)on peddletech solution. To explore more options visit www.peddletech.com

amayajace
12-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Paid search also known as pay-per-click advertising, or PPC is one of the most common and effective types of online advertising.

mikeadams559
12-09-2019, 10:04 AM
Yes classified ads are still effective and you can also get a backlink from a classified ads sites

vinitha
12-10-2019, 01:23 AM
Direct Selling. ...
Cobranding and Affinity Marketing. ...
Earned Media/PR. ...
Point-of-Purchase Marketing (POP) ...
Internet Marketing. ...
Paid Media Advertising. ...
Word of Mouth Advertising. ...
Social Networks and Viral Marketing.

debora
12-10-2019, 04:15 AM
An online platform where you can run your advertising campaign for promoting any e-product or real product or service etc. In a word, here you can advertising your business. Free & paid both sites are existing in the online. & also most important part of classified sites is that here you can be listed your business or business product/ service by category wise that means you can decorate your product under the related category section of classified ad posting site.
Classified Ad is a type of advertising which is basically found on newspaper and on online sites. This is basically posted to sell or to give on rent a specific product to the people who surfs internet daily. This can be a free ad or can be a charged ad as well. It depends on the type of Ad you are posting. Rent2cash, Olx, Quikr, Justdial and many other sites are there who invites the people to post their classified ads on their website.

lishmaliny
01-31-2020, 06:50 AM
Classified advertising is a cheap and easy way for small businesses to connect with potential customers. It's a great way to get the word out about your company, especially if you can't budget for other forms of advertising.

lishmaliny
02-04-2020, 04:39 AM
Yes, advertising is communication intended to inform, educate, persuade, and remind individuals of your product or businesses. Advertising must work with other marketing tools and business elements to be successful.

lishmaliny
02-10-2020, 03:07 AM
46.5% of the spend was on search advertising on websites such as Google. About 8.1% was on online classified advertising. 34.8% was on display advertising which includes banners and digital video commercials.

getdistributors007
02-12-2020, 01:53 AM
Nice share, thanks for sharing such nice information

wtechy
04-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Hi,

Yes, Classified ads are a good advertising technique.

SamuelKennedy
04-16-2020, 01:30 AM
Classified Ads are the best source of advertising & still good advertising techniques. Most businesses prefer classified ads to promote & advertise their products & services.

Geethan
04-30-2020, 07:25 AM
A classified ad is a small advertisement that is grouped with similar ads in a special section of a magazine or newspaper; and sometimes in digital sites usually for jobs, real estate, services, etc. Some of the classified ads are sold by the number of lines or characters per line. Along with that can also pay additional rates to purchase highlighted borders or bold text.

Artisingh1
04-30-2020, 10:20 AM
Despite the strategy, all your promoting ought to be clear and reliably through the paper or considering your day sufficiently long to peruse or hear the advertisement. Fruitful promoting will accomplish commonly more advertisement makes reference to through isn't just the most established type of publicizing, yet is as yet one of the best.

Artisingh1
05-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Social Media. With 56% of Americans having a profile with a social networking service, social media is undoubtedly a killer advertising platform to maximize brand recognition and spend as little money as possible.
Print Media.
Television.
Radio.
Direct Mail.
Email.

mindcypress
05-06-2020, 08:34 AM
With classified ads it currently depends on the type of product or service that you provide. For some products or services classified ads are still a great option. The best way to go about things would be to still use classified ads as part of your marketing strategy but to focus more attention on alternative options.

Artisingh1
05-06-2020, 10:33 AM
Despite the strategy, all your promoting ought to be clear and reliably through the paper or considering your day sufficiently long to peruse or hear the advertisement. ... Fruitful publicizing will accomplish commonly more advertisement makes reference to through isn't just the most seasoned type of promoting however is as yet one of the best.

orangzeb
05-06-2020, 05:03 PM
I must admit that the bigger influence in my life when it comes to doing business is my father, who is a media man. I learned from him about the effectiveness of classified ads in the print media and used newspapers and magazines to advertise my first ever sales projects.

However online classifieds work in similar way that its offline counterpart, with the advantage to reach a larger target audience that seems appealing to anyone seeking for good conversations.

Mixing online and offline advertising techniques, classifieds were my main advertising method for years, but today I feel this type of promotion is losing effectiveness, perhaps because the offer is saturated and the demand has decreased. Not sure about this.

So what do you think of this? Are classified ads services dead? Is there any promotional potential behind them or people have moved away from them?

Now a days they are not very effective but still they are helpful to rank your website higher in google.

pankaj0008
05-07-2020, 01:35 AM
Yes, but you have to choose best classified site where visitors are coming and taking interest. If your product is very good you will get lots of leads with advertising at classified site.

AllensClicks
05-11-2020, 09:02 AM
This is a very interesting question, I will simplify marketing as I feel many new business owners will be asking this question and I want to make this as beneficial as possible.

Marketing as we all know targets specific groups of people, so there is no bad sources or dead sources in the world. If there is a print anywhere I can guarantee that somebody is looking at it everyday, businesses use marketing companies because we know who is looking at these prints. In direct terms if you are selling classic cars then you will want that ad in the paper, because the majority of the newspaper audience is retired men and women that about 20% most likely have money. Not only do they have money but a retired woman will push for her retired husband to get a hobby to get him out of the house. However if you're trying to sell the latest laptop in the newspaper the only results you will get from your targeted audience is another youtube video about a grandfather's "back in my day" speech.

Newspapers are great for advertising the following: Lawn care, auto sales, real estate, antique shops, jewelry, hardware stores, boat dealerships, hunting and fishing supply stores, and events.

Here's a test you can do to confirm what you're learning right now, open and read a newspaper cover to cover. Now given you didn't fall asleep, go to your Facebook account and go to a local advertising page. You will find 3 things in both places for sure which are local events, auto sales, and real estate. Those are the 3 businesses that advertise successfully anywhere, because everyone needs a place to live and everyone needs a car. Local events advertises great anywhere because most everyone likes to get out of the house every once in a while.

You will sometimes find advertising in the wrong places sometimes but that is because the brand new business owner can't afford to hire a marketing agency most of the time and is just trying the cheapest and most available options.

If you want to learn more about effective advertising PM me or email me at d.allen0197@gmail.com. I hope this helps. 😎👍

Geethan
06-08-2020, 05:52 AM
There are a lot of ways you can increase traffic to your classified website.

Do regular SEO of the site pages. Make sure the site pages have contents that are useful from the SEO point of views such as tags etc
Post your website information on top discussion groups, on FB groups, LI groups posting links of relevant pages in the groups as part of awareness activities
Post information about your classified site on FB and boost the post so that it attracts traffic and creates further awareness. Doing a re_targeting will also help.
Write informative articles on various topics related to categories in your classified site. Over a period of time, your classified website will have loads of good quality contents which will help boost search engine performance.

boysunflower
07-13-2020, 08:49 PM
It's still an advertising channel and a trivial channel, it is strong that those channels will work well, I think at any given time it will work.

Wepsychic3
07-14-2020, 07:14 AM
Mixing online and offline advertising techniques, classifieds were my ... For some products or services classified ads are still a great option.

jacksonsamy2
10-14-2020, 07:38 AM
ocial Media. With 56% of Americans having a profile with a social networking service, social media is undoubtedly a killer advertising platform to maximize brand recognition and spend as little money as possible. ...
Print Media. ...
Television. ...
Radio. ...
Direct Mail. ...
Email.

Nags
10-19-2020, 03:01 AM
The effectiveness of a classified ad depends entirely on how you present it. Use a catchy title, include a cool photo of what you're selling and only enough information to pique interest. Try that and see if the ads won't be effective.

master007
10-21-2020, 02:53 AM
I wouldn't consider it dead, but it has certainly slowed down a bit since sites have started to put up their own marketplaces. It probably has just plateaued and understandably so, as it's just the nature of everything, given enough time. It's unfortunate, but I think it's alright as it's still very much useful as a secondary source of advertising, unlike before when I imagine people were able to profit off of it using it as their primary means.

moverdubai12
10-23-2020, 04:02 AM
Online Media. With 56% of Americans having a profile with a person to person communication administration, online media is without a doubt an incredible publicizing stage to augment brand acknowledgment and go through as meager cash as could be expected under the circumstances.

Print Media.
Television.
Radio.
Direct Mail.
Email.

jacksonsamy2
10-29-2020, 07:20 AM
Social Media. With 56% of Americans having a profile with a social networking service, social media is undoubtedly a killer advertising platform to maximize brand recognition and spend as little money as possible. ...
Print Media. ...
Television. ...
Radio. ...
Direct Mail. ...
Email.

master007
10-30-2020, 09:02 PM
I would say back in around 2006 or 2007 I used classified ad sites all the time to promote my websites, and it worked incredibly well! However, as time went on it became less and less effective. Now it's a the point where I really don't see a point in using them. I might get one or two visitors to my site, but that's not worth the trouble to me.

Saravanan12
11-16-2020, 07:19 AM

MASTERO
11-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Classified ads are small messages grouped under a specific heading (classification) such as automobiles, employment, real estate, in a separate section of a newspaper or magazine.

These relatively inexpensive ads are usually a column wide, do not include any graphics, and are typeset (see typesetting) by the printer or publisher of the publication.

The fact that classified ads are bundled with news in a single physical product has nothing to do with the inherent qualities of either product. In fact, there are no synergies between classifieds and daily news.

There are benefits from associating hobby-related classifieds with hobby-oriented news coverage, but such coverage is usually better done by magazines (or specialized Web sites) than by newspapers.

Classified ads and daily news are bound in the same wad of newsprint due to artifacts of the paper-based production and distribution technology: newspapers have big printing plants so that they can print large pages with many ads cheaply.

They also have delivery people who pass by every house every morning (a push technology that is only necessary as long as there was no way of allowing people to retrieve only those categories they were interested in). Change the media technology, and there is no reason newspapers should dominate the classified ads business.

The nature of classified advertising tends to support increasing returns: most potential buyers will go to the largest site first because it will have the most relevant things advertised for them to buy.

Sellers will want to advertise on this site because they will get the most buyers. Many of the things that are advertised in the classifieds are geographically bound: real estate is the extreme case.

master007
12-11-2020, 12:38 AM

lishmaliny
01-25-2021, 03:17 AM
Facebook Ads.
Google Search Ads. ...
Google Display Ads. ...
LinkedIn Ads. ...
Bing Ads.

Rahul28
02-22-2021, 06:22 AM
Using classified ads allows you to focus your marketing on the areas you do business in and reach people who are likely to buy goods or services from you. You should place print ads only in publications that are distributed in locations you can serve.

christianarobert
02-23-2021, 02:41 AM
In my opinion I would say that classified ads is a great technique if you have a company selling services like real estate, tax services, legal services and etc. However I would not recommend ad classifieds for product based companies since they won't be able to target the type of audience they are looking to acquire. Personally small businesses could really benefit from such methods or growing businesses but not mature businesses.

jayam12
02-26-2021, 07:48 AM
It's a great way to get the word out about your company, especially if you can't ... Placing a classified ad is usually as easy as coming up with some short copy and ... your customers will be entrepreneurs when developing an advertising strategy. ... owners still turn to this old stand-by when looking for sign-making companies.

mithu
02-26-2021, 07:53 AM
Color Psychology. It's no secret that color psychology is one of the most common and effective techniques used in advertising. ...
Typographic Composition. ...
Minimalism. ...
Emotional Appeal. ...
Bandwagon. ...
Gestalt Principles. ...
The Golden Ratio. ...
The Focal Point.

valluri
02-26-2021, 08:02 AM
Using classified ads allows you to focus your marketing on the areas you do business in and reach people who are likely to buy goods or services from you. You should place print ads only in publications that are distributed in locations you can serve.

Naorhart1
03-01-2021, 12:08 AM
Whether you need a lock change or have lost your car key and need it right away, you can call us any time!, We'll send a trained technician out right away to provide you honest and expert locksmith services as you expected from a locksmith company (http://northcharleston-locksmith.com/) with our good reputation and we always have the best affordable cheap locksmith prices. We provides locks and keys products and services at North Charleston area.

master007
04-03-2021, 01:41 PM
It probably has just plateaued and understandably so, as it's just the nature of everything, given enough time. It's unfortunate, but I think it's alright as it's still very much useful as a secondary source of advertising, unlike before when I imagine people were able to profit off of it using it as their primary means.

debora
04-05-2021, 12:32 AM
Classified advertising is a cheap and easy way for small businesses to connect with potential customers. It's a great way to get the word out about your company, especially if you can't budget for other forms of advertising. Using classified ads allows you to focus your marketing on the areas you do business in and reach people who are likely to buy goods or services from you. You should place print ads only in publications that are distributed in locations you can serve.

Color Psychology. It's no secret that color psychology is one of the most common and effective techniques used in advertising.
Typographic Composition.
Minimalism.
Emotional Appeal.
Bandwagon.
Gestalt Principles.
The Golden Ratio.
The Focal Point.