PDA

View Full Version : Unconventional Inexpensive Ways of Advertising

tintiano
03-29-2014, 01:57 AM
Too many small businesses get daunted by the fact that conventional advertising methods are hideously expensive despite having a limited impact and no promise of Return on Investment. I feel small businesses should focus on unconventional methods to get their message across. These methods can be significantly cheaper than conventional ones, and are often free!

People are simply too tired of having ads bombarded at them from television screens and bill boards.

Let's list some unconventional and cheap ways of advertising on this thread.

I've heard that some businesses in Japan, rather than distributing flyers, hand out tissue papers in crowded public places with their addresses. This way, they are noticed, and these tissues are used, not thrown away.

alec
03-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Customized matches. Slap your logo or business name on the match box and give it to your client if he needs a light. Let them keep it.
Fridge magnets. Make them interesting looking to be sure the person you give them to is gonna use them.
Advertising via bike. This is rather new since I'm talking about leds that generate an image on the tires.
Stickers. Print them yourself and stick them around the city (be sure it's legal in your area).

Now that I read them some sound silly, but here goes :)

canoe
04-01-2014, 01:03 AM
I've mentioned this before but try to become a prominent member in a major forum for your niche. This takes time but the results are worth it. Once you become a prominent member, set your url in your signature. That's free traffic just for interacting with people on the forum. How easy would it be to gain traffic (aka make money) simply by talking with people on the forum? Of course, to reach this level you'd have had to offer a lot of interesting and informative content on the forum.

mikelouis
04-01-2014, 01:09 AM
That of using tissue papers is really funny. I would say that you can use T-shirts. They are really cheap. Simply buy plain T-shirts and print your business details on them. Give them out to people. They will act as the walking billboard. Also use custom company stationery.

jswindell
04-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Tissue paper is funny but I say combining something functional with the business information is the best way to go. Often stationery is a good bet but sometimes pens are lost or run out of ink and trashed. Bookmarks are an inexpensive option if the demographic likes to read hardcover books.

Social media coupons are fairly new and though the numbers can be hard to crunch, some people say that they have helped to increase sales.:cool:

sweetkymom
04-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Vehicle magnets advertising businesses are becoming popular more and more. Company name, addy and phone number listed on stationary items to give out. Last but not least, make up goody bags and give them out randomly.

Taru
04-02-2014, 09:56 AM
That's a great idea. I think any form of advertising that has a certain use will always end up better than just flyers. For example, I get a lot of coasters and lighters from different companies, and I still use them to this day because they are very useful. I think the lighter idea is especially good because those tend to get passed around to a good number of people due to the fact that everyone will need to start a fire at some point and if you have your company name on the lighter then there's a good chance of it gaining visibility and interest.

Railan
04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
I like the "prominent member of a forum" idea. In my experience, veteran users in boardgamegeek and similar sites are many times shop owners or designers, produces, etc. They usually have a high post volume, meaning whatever URL they decide to show is getting a lot of exposure. Besides, it's extremely targeted advertising, since you're in a place where only potential customers will look. Great exposure for the effort, probably none, as your business area is quite likely also a fun topic for you to discuss.

AB9100
04-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Too many small businesses get daunted by the fact that conventional advertising methods are hideously expensive despite having a limited impact and no promise of Return on Investment. I feel small businesses should focus on unconventional methods to get their message across. These methods can be significantly cheaper than conventional ones, and are often free!

People are simply too tired of having ads bombarded at them from television screens and bill boards.

Let's list some unconventional and cheap ways of advertising on this thread.

I've heard that some businesses in Japan, rather than distributing flyers, hand out tissue papers in crowded public places with their addresses. This way, they are noticed, and these tissues are used, not thrown away.

There isn't any.

Advertising cost money. There is no way around it. Regardless of what kind of advertising you try. You are always going to have to invest some sum of money. i get the fact that nobody likes to be bombarded with promotional ads, but that is what advertising is. Throughout history it has been proven to be effective. It is expensive, and it is annoying. However. That is advertising.

dennisetan
09-18-2015, 01:40 AM
There are a lot of advertising and marketing stints you can do that costs little or none. You can set up a Facebook account for your business followed by some of the most popular social media platforms out there. The world wide web is a very vast place to advertise your products/services. You just have to use the right keywords and hashtags plus a catchy URL for your website then I think you're all set.

David 5942
11-19-2015, 09:53 AM
One of the best types of free marketing you can do is to write a very valuable free e-book or e-report. Let people know that the report is available in all channels available to you, like a personal and business Facebook/Twitter/Nextdoor.com post, your email signature, etc.. Or buy some inexpensive advertising like on Facebook - the high response will make the cost worth it. Have anyone who wants the e-book leave their email so that you can respond to them personally or with autoresponding emails.

Malik Suleman
11-28-2015, 12:11 AM
advertisements costs you money and and you can buy the advertisements on fiverr marketplace and then you wil find many paid services there.
thanks

Degetin
05-15-2016, 11:59 PM
Depending on the area of your business I'd recommend keeping an eye on the blogger community. Analyze who has the potential to grow big and collaborate with them over a longer period of time.

ronniewill
06-13-2016, 04:35 AM
Why don't you try Social media marketing for your business? It will be good for your business.

Tammy Hudgin
09-07-2016, 01:55 PM
For me, I utilize social media and focus on the networking element of selling myself, which in turn, will sell my business. The cost for me, is my time and I make sure to schedule a min of one hour per day to focus on Facebook (that is my main social media site that works for me)

chinomoreno
09-08-2016, 11:03 PM
Well, that's what you called offline marketing. Stickers, pen, or hand fan can be a great alternative to flyers. If it can be useful for your prospect then chances are it will not get easily wasted unlike flyers.

followlike
09-09-2016, 03:20 AM
There isn't any.

Advertising cost money. There is no way around it. Regardless of what kind of advertising you try. You are always going to have to invest some sum of money. i get the fact that nobody likes to be bombarded with promotional ads, but that is what advertising is. Throughout history it has been proven to be effective. It is expensive, and it is annoying. However. That is advertising.

Thats not true. There are plenty of ways to advertise for free but you have to work for it. I can boost SERPS of a url within a week and/or get Social Traffic flowing at a great pace. Check below and see

nduncan
09-12-2016, 02:17 AM
If you use it properly then social media can be a great way of getting your brand name out there without spending a lot of cash. Create a "viral" post that people want to share (it could be an infographic or an image etc) and push it out to your followers. You could also potentially pay to promote it to like minded people to give it a bit of a kick start.

If you crack it with a viral social media post then you can potentially drive thousands of visitors to your website.

Tomaz
09-12-2016, 03:58 PM
Well....i do not belive in fb anymore. Those clicks on ads are so f** expensive. Social media...it is all about the company that advertises, not you. I just do not see it meaningful - you just pay for something, but nobody can guarantee you even that, you will get money that you invested in advertisement back. That is a problem...

Tomas

gilsulate
08-30-2018, 05:10 AM
Simply buy plain T-shirts and print your business details on them. Give them out to people.

Wolami
09-08-2018, 10:56 AM
We just launched a cheap alternative (brick-and-mortar only):
https://www.wolami.com

Free until 2019 if you mention promo code 'SMB2018'
After that it will still be much cheaper than Groupon, Google, Amazon or sending flyers out....

reyhujiklosxx
09-17-2018, 03:32 AM
Truly. I've taken a stab at pitching to family and companions and all the commercial, it functions admirably for some who lean toward individual referrals.

gilsulate
09-22-2018, 01:42 AM
There are a lot of advertising and marketing stints you can do that costs little or none. You can set up a Facebook account for your business followed by some of the most popular social media platforms out there.

Madison87
10-20-2018, 06:33 AM
Content Marketing is inexpensive in terms of financial investing but it takes a lot of effort. However, you can gain a lot more traffic and leads through content marketing than any other marketing tactic.

gilsulate
12-01-2018, 05:14 AM
There are a lot of advertising and marketing stints you can do that costs little or none.

Tim Sabat
12-20-2018, 10:16 AM
I think that the most inexpensive way is to get yourself a good website and give your business cards to everyone around.

Ryan Reynold
01-03-2019, 03:07 AM
Publish Great Content. ...
Create Instructional Videos. ...
Get Ad Promo Credits. ...
Reddit. ...
Be a Savvy Social Networker. ...
Stumble Upon Advertising. ...
DIY Infographics. ...
Give New Life to Old Data.

DavidDiamond
01-12-2019, 07:49 AM
Lately I have been looking for cheap ways to advertise and cheap way to learn advertising . Im currently focused on facebook ads and it seems to be a really good place to do that. And I completely agree that the area of finding ways to cheaply advertize effectively is actually unexplored.I wrote a short article about that actually.

adclassified
01-15-2019, 03:12 PM
social media advertising, search engine ads, classifieds advertising, seo etc are most popular ways but all of these are best way to advertise but could be inexpensive for some people and for some people could be expensive.

amayajace
11-02-2019, 02:48 AM
Canvassing. This method involves printing out some inexpensive flyers and handing them out at local business parks or stores.
Content Marketing.
Invest in Door Hangers.
Invest in a Professional Website.
Create and Offer Free Coupon Cards.

lishmaliny
01-25-2021, 03:20 AM
Post amazing content on your blog. ...
Create a Google My Business account. ...
Get free PR with HARO. ...
Build a free (or cheap) email list. ...
Contribute an article to an industry magazine. ...
Attend local networking events. ...
Co-sponsor a contest.

Nags
01-26-2021, 02:38 AM
Customized matches. Slap your logo or business name on the match box and give it to your client if he needs a light. Let them keep it.
Fridge magnets. Make them interesting looking to be sure the person you give them to is gonna

lishmaliny
02-09-2021, 05:44 AM
The cheapest way to advertise is social media ads and classified ads, generally speaking.

Bigil
04-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Customized matches. Slap your logo or business name on the match box and give it to your client if he ne

Rahul28
06-15-2021, 03:13 AM
Google My Business optimization.
Social media posting and engaging.
Social media tagging.
Hashtags.
Local SEO.
Email marketing.
Infographics.
Free ad promo credits.