PDA

View Full Version : Quality Changes

klub
03-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I have been a Quality Manager for over 8 years and in these years I have seen many changes.

I beleive that Standards are not as popular as they used to be. The thought of creating a Qaulity Management System would send shivers up the most die hard fans.

Have said all that standards are needed for compliance and standardization.

I am from Australia and the big thing here at the moment is sixsigma.

klub

Zink
03-15-2005, 04:41 AM
What exactly is sixsigma. I have heard of it somewhere before but I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks,
Andrew

BusinessMan
03-15-2005, 12:39 PM
It is defined as:
"A quality measure and improvement program developed by Motorola that focuses on the control of a process to the point of ± six sigma (standard deviations) from a centerline"

I'd view it as a quality method driven by the focus on elimination of defects.

XaZarD
06-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes, right!
It is like a philosophy, know-how,method, how to improve the quality in your organisation.

qaconsulting
11-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Six Sigma is a management philosophy that focuses on eliminating mistakes, waste, and rework.

Six Sigma is used to look at process and figure out why and where they have problems.

Employees will rarely dedicate themselves to a new project unless they see the CEO believing in it, too.

So you have the Executive Leadership at the top to back the program. Once that is accomplished then the other players in Six Sigma can be selected and assigned the projects.

You have the Champions, who clear the obstacles. The Master Black belts who are the engines to make the project move. They are the workhorses. Then you have the Black Belts, and the Master Black Belts understudies, and the Green Belts and Team Members, who serve as support staff.

The important issue is that it must have support from the top down through the ranks.

Once you have approval for the project, then the first step is to come up with a detailed, manageable project plan, one that has clear and specific project’s objectives, goals, and timeline. The customers, internal and external, should be asked to define the requirements of the project. But you have to do more than just ask your customers. You have to capture customer needs and desires and translate them into design requirements.

In Six Sigma, once you have Identified and Defined the goals, and Developed a concept, then we are ready to Optimize that design. That is done by using something called Robust Design to determine the absolute best way to go about it and then use Tolerance Design to figure out how to do it at the lowest cost without compromising quality. For example, take invoicing. The supplier sends in an invoice that starts a chain of events that transforms the information into record keeping and finally a check being sent to the supplier. The smoother we do that, the better. The key to both designs is to minimize the variability, or the ‘friction’, of that transfer.

All along the way, every step is thoroughly documented. This allows us to capture the lessons learned with each tool and method applied and with each function and discipline. That information will provide the control system for the future.

If you follow good Project Management practices with Design of Six Sigma, you can successfully and effectively apply this philosophy to virtually every activity that is perform every day.

Small projects are good to start with. This allows for successful completion with results for management to see and approve. Then larger projects can be assigned.

- John Spinnato, Quasebarth Advantage Consulting

Musho
02-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Ray Bradbury says “The good writers touch life often. The mediocre ones run a quick hand over her. The bad ones rape her and leave her for the flies.” and think this really applies to the quality of a business. Edsger W. Dijkstra says “Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.”

Qraqq
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
On a side note. Quality always trumps price in two things:

Footwear and mattresses.

Someone wise told me that these two should be the best because we use them for most of our life.

Dinomarino1
02-08-2014, 03:41 AM
i would rather spend a few extra bucks on something that i will be using quite a bit rather than going cheap and regretting it later!

cerveausys
02-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Improving quality of your organization helps to your organization development growth.

MahaKarthi
12-04-2014, 06:38 AM
It’s a late reply but hope it might help someone now! Believe in attaining the quality results that helps the company to attain good results and helps in reaching the next level. It not only takes the business to the next level but also helps the employees to be updated and reach the next level.

Blantonmicheal
04-06-2016, 07:16 AM
What exactly is sixsigma.

loyaanderson
04-25-2016, 12:58 AM
Quality standards are need to done in any business, we you set stands your works are methodological, it makes things happen perfectly.
Training the employee, standards on the quality, making a protocol to follow the standards it is difficult task. But once set it can be never changed.

donswift90
04-27-2016, 06:23 AM
Don Swift and Associates (http://www.donswiftandassociates.com/) is a business consultant company, which provide and promote a greater level of practice within an organization and a greater customer comfort the products that satisfy a specified standard for quality are being produced and sold.

samsons
06-02-2016, 05:49 AM
a training manual entitled "Fresh fish and so quality and quality changes was published. This book has been extensively used and is now out of print.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
SMS Marketing software (http://www.nimblemessaging.com/plugins)
Professional SMS Marketing (http://www.nimblemessaging.com/plugins)
WP SMS Marketing (http://www.nimblemessaging.com/plugins)

Hellosolifornia
07-04-2016, 06:59 AM
sixsigma This is new thing for me I heard It from somewhere but Now I have been cleared about this. Thank you

Lilykevin95
06-01-2020, 11:26 PM
Better use of the oceanic assets ought to in this manner point essentially at lessening these gigantic misfortunes by improving the quality and conservation of fish..

Lilykevin86
06-04-2020, 12:38 AM
Evaluation OF FISH QUALITY. 8.1. Tactile strategies 8.2. Biochemical and compound strategies 8.3. Physical strategies 8.4. Microbiological techniques.

debora
06-16-2020, 04:37 AM
In the business world, quality is indeed what the supplier puts in. It is always the designer who set the quality and the manufacturer who instills quality, or they leave it lacking. The designer engineers-in-quality and the manufacturer builds the quality into the product. A customer can only experience the effects of past quality choices and actions.

Customers may judge quality through their perceptions, but customer opinion is not what quality is. Customer satisfaction is the after-effect of quality. Because customers cannot clearly specify in measurable engineering values what makes them satisfied, quality improvement becomes an iterative process of trial, testing and feedback on performance when used by the customer.

Over the years business has had to find a way to define and measure quality so that companies can make products and deliver services to definable performance standards their customers will experience and either accept or reject.

TangelThor
06-18-2020, 05:27 AM
Fresh fish should have a mild scent and moist flesh, and appear freshly cut. Don't purchase fish that has a strong, fishy odor. Whole fish should have bright, bulging eyes and bright red or pink gills. Frozen fish should meet the fresh-smell test and have taut packaging with no evidence of ice or blood.

TangelThor
07-06-2020, 04:16 AM
quality change is handling the variety of package sizes encountered in all price indices. Suppose that the size of the missing product and its replacement differ, where quantity k of the replacement sells for the same price in the current month as quantity j of the original in the previous month.

Lilykevin86
01-12-2021, 01:24 AM
The energy of responses prompting changes in salmon quality during warm handling were assessed. Little examples (D 30 mm × H 6 mm) cut from pink.

RaniaRanii3
02-02-2021, 02:14 AM
The quality change is a coefficient duplicated by the cost of the substitution item to make it comparable, from the maker's perspective, with the cost of the first. quality change is dealing with the assortment of bundle sizes experienced in all value lists.

debora
02-03-2021, 11:22 PM
The quality adjustment is a coefficient multiplied by the price of the replacement product to make it commensurate, from the producer's point of view, with the price of the original. quality change is handling the variety of package sizes encountered in all price indices.

Fisher
02-11-2021, 01:37 AM
The quality adjustment is a coefficient multiplied by the price of the replacement product to make it commensurate, from the producer's point of view, with the price of the original. quality change is handling the variety of package sizes encountered in all price indices.

Thanks, for the detailed explanation!!!

RaniaRanii3
03-05-2021, 10:48 PM
The quality change is a coefficient duplicated by the cost of the substitution item to make it comparable, from the maker's perspective, with the cost of the first. quality change is taking care of the assortment of bundle sizes experienced altogether value lists.

Lilykevin86
03-05-2021, 11:06 PM
The quality change is a coefficient increased by the cost of the substitution item to make it proportionate, from the maker's perspective, with the cost of the first. quality change is taking care of the assortment of bundle sizes experienced altogether value lists.

lishmaliny
03-11-2021, 06:25 AM
Compliance means ensuring an organization is complying with the minimum security-related requirements. Security is a clear set of technical systems and tools and processes which are put in place to protect and defend the information and technology assets of an enterprise.