PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

firelily99
04-02-2014, 05:23 PM
When things are not going well for you and your business, what do you do to keep yourself motivated. It can be difficult to keep morale up when faced with the same grind everyday so what tips can you share that will help us to stay in the game?

upandcoming
04-03-2014, 12:10 PM
If things aren't going well, I try to identify the specific problem. Then I can try to shake up things with a new approach or method. If it's just a matter of being bored about the "same grind everyday" then I try to change my schedule to see if I can be more productive. Sometimes, a break is in order and I go out and take a walk to refresh myself. Or, I can delegate a task to someone else or just do it at a different time of day when I am more alert. Little tweaks in one's work day can make a big motivational difference. Facing something really hard first thing can often set the day up for failure, so I might try to shift a hard task to later in the day. I guess my main advice is to mix things up a bit and see if that helps.

SteakTartare
04-03-2014, 07:19 PM
My family is all the incentive I need to keep going. Ups, downs, grinding days of tedium, its just part of the game. There's people counting on me to take care of business, so that's what I do. Even when it hurts.

HeinrichM
04-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Thinking about the bills that need to be paid normally puts a bit of speed into things. I find that setting daily achievable goals works and this allows you to keep on pushing yourself to higher levels. Taking a "mental health day" when things get tough is also a good solution. Take the day off, go to the beach or go and do some shopping. Even just having a meal or some coffee with friends can do wonders for your motivation levels.

mikelouis
04-03-2014, 11:24 PM
You just have to thing about taking care of your family then the motivation will come. Looking at how the kids depend on you then you will work hard to make sure that they do not have a hard life like the one you are having. That is the best way to do things.

dezibooluvsyou
04-04-2014, 12:04 AM
When things are not going well for my business I think about my family. My family needs me to support them so that means i need to bring in the money to keep them sheltered, fed, and have a place to sleep so i just need to keep moving on and fix the problem i am having with my business.

canoe
04-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Well, certainly the money keeps me motivated. During bad times, the need to make money to bring home the bacon is one of the great motivations. I guess you could say that my family is indirectly my motivation. Even during good times however, the accumulation of so much money makes me so happy and acts as even greater motivation. It truly seems like money is one of those you just can't have enough of.

SimplySidy
04-04-2014, 01:41 AM
The first thing I try to do when I start feeling fixed in situations like these you mention, is to run away to some distant place - maybe a small vacation kind of thing with family members or friends around. A day or two is enough for me to get over the gloom and it kinds of unwinds and refreshes me. When I return, I am mostly recharged and luckiliy I have found that I always manage to look at the issues from a different helpful perspective. This helps me identify the issue and even I manage to find a way out of the issue.

Many people around me dont like my ways but then, this is what has worked for me as far as I can remember.

strokeontent
04-04-2014, 01:52 AM
I try to diversify my activities as much as possible. One of the biggest advantages of running a business from home is that you are actually the salesperson, customer care, logistics, administrative and CFO all at once.

For me I find it less boring if I group these tasks into different parts of the day so I don't get bored or demotivated. For example I may spend 3 hours doing boring administrative tasks, then go out and get some logistics done sending out orders, come back and answer a few questions from customers, ending the day preparing the next one and reviewing my ads to ensure they are hitting my market as I want them to.

fredkawig
04-04-2014, 03:30 AM
I always look at the brighter picture and the goals that can be attained if I keep myself focused and do what is necessary to achieve those goals. You need to put an effort and at the same time let God be the one to move.

Strykstar
04-04-2014, 06:04 AM
My motivation working at home is the same as when I worked at an office, you need to push through and soldier on if you want to pay the bills and put food on the table, so just get the work done and you can rest at the end of the day.

theropes101
04-23-2014, 10:27 PM
The dreams I had in myself and the people who believe in me are the one that is giving me the motivation I need. Through hardships and pain, you should always keep on going. Just think that they needed you the most and you'll just realizes that you are on the right track.

DennisChang
04-28-2014, 03:00 AM
Aside from keeping yourself motivated, another important issue is to avoid burning out. Take a short break once in a while would do a lot of good.

Limpie
05-01-2014, 12:12 PM
The bitter truth is that most of the time "the need of money" keeps me motivated.

rjoyce3582
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
The fear of failing completely. I have accepted that throughout the process there will be setbacks. But the fear of just completely failing keeps me going. Plus seeing other people do it is very inspiring and motivating.

Chris_Tax
05-02-2014, 03:53 PM
I enjoy marketing more than I income taxes which is my business. Marketing takes countless hours It is the key to being successful

Saman
05-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Think about previous days when ALLAH Almighty gives you better things than now. HE said that days changed among people time to time. don't be pessimistic

LAman
07-11-2014, 02:01 PM
True motivation is not something that needs to be "recharged". It is a point that one reaches in his or her life where you realize what is important to you, why it is important to you, and that you will not stop until you achieve "success" in the form of that which is important to you. It becomes a part of you...much like the love a parent has for a child.

andybrowne
07-14-2014, 05:50 AM
when ever i am down i called to my friend . he motivated me with bunch of jokes ... his really a very good person

ANewDay
08-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Your "why" should keep you motivated if it is strong enough.

user2837
09-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Fear of having to go back to and be content with what you were doing before deciding to start your own business should be a good motivator.

Runum1
09-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Always know your "why". Why did you put yourself through this in the first place? If your why is strong enough it will keep you going.