PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Business Account limited?

AB9100
04-03-2014, 03:09 PM
A few days my Paypal business account was limited. I would like some information from anyone who has experience with this.

Paypal limited my account a 4 days ago requesting that i sen d them a photo I.D. and proof of address. I sent them the information on the same day. The problem is, it has now been 3 days. I have yet to receive any response from them. I need my account back immediately.

Does anyone know how long this process takes? Any advice would be appreciated.

DomDom
04-03-2014, 04:22 PM
I will redirect you to a PayPal forum which can help you out :

http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/

SimplySidy
04-04-2014, 01:50 AM
A few days my Paypal business account was limited. I would like some information from anyone who has experience with this.

Paypal limited my account a 4 days ago requesting that i sen d them a photo I.D. and proof of address. I sent them the information on the same day. The problem is, it has now been 3 days. I have yet to receive any response from them. I need my account back immediately.

Does anyone know how long this process takes? Any advice would be appreciated.

This happened with me too. My account was suspended and limited due to change in some of the Rules and Guidelines at Paypal. The entire process of getting back as a verified account took me 6 days but I had to keep sending them messages. For the first 3 days nothing happened. So on 4th day I started sending out chaser messages to their support and luckily my account got working again on the 6th day.

As it is already 3 days, I think you should send them a chaser email and dont forget to quote their Unique request Id as without this code, they will never ever care. This code should be on the email that you might have recieved from them when you raised your issue.

HeinrichM
04-04-2014, 03:28 AM
PayPal will limit your account when they see transactions that they deem to be suspicious. This will normally happen when your account has been inactive for a while and it suddenly starts to receive funds or if the funds you receive suddenly increase. They will request proof of ownership and might ask you some questions with regard to the transactions under review. The process does take a bit of time and the quicker you send all of the required information, the quicker your account will be unblocked. Good Luck!

Rainman
04-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Give it a week or so. It can take a little time to review your information, verify that the documents are legit/valid etc.

If you are not patient then I would suggest contacting their customer service reps directly. I believe the answer you'll get is that the verification process is in progress but at least that will assure you that they're working on getting lifting those limits.

jswindell
04-04-2014, 11:38 AM
It could also be spam. Sometimes, I get emails from PayPal that look legitimate but often there is no reason for them to suspend or limit my account. My suggestion is to contact them directly as opposed to clicking a link in the email and explain what happened.

If this is a spammer, you will most likely be asked to forward the email to spoof@paypal.com. From there, you will get confirmation of receipt and if there is a real problem, they will work with you to resolve it.

I've had an account with them since 2005 and there is little that can go wrong. Clients who didn't want to pay used to give me a line saying that PayPal placed a limit on their account. Either the money is there or it isn't! If a person has a hard time balancing their accounts, then maybe they need not be in business, IMO.

sweetkymom
04-04-2014, 03:35 PM
I would suggest calling PayPal and talking to them over sending emails back and forth. I've not had a business account with them but I have a personal account that they have limited on me many times for no reason.

turt
04-04-2014, 04:05 PM
When the same happened to me, it took over a week to get fixed after the specified information was provided. They are terribly slow on these things and since they are not a real bank, there's less you can do about it.

Rosyrain
04-04-2014, 04:56 PM
You have to be careful with the emails with spammers out there. If you need help call paypal directly. I just started doing some freelance work and had to work with them because I have a montly spend limit. They are just very active with their security

mramirsking
04-04-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't have a business account but I have a personal account and I received 247 pounds and then suddenly paypal limited my account and requested I send ID like you which I did and then they said it was not enough. They wanted me to upgrade to business account which I did and then they wanted 11 more things and request info of transactions and delivery records for products, but I was only receiving money for services. I could not get my head around it and eventually I just decided to open another account and request the money again after sending refund to the people. Its a nightmare.

MikeLevin
03-16-2017, 05:18 AM
I also experienced that issue with my business PayPal account.
The thing is, if you have a lot of suspicious transactions, then your account will be limited and you will have to provide a lot of docs to PayPal to make your balance active again.
You as well need to resolve all chargebacks and open cases as soon as possible with providing all available information to PayPal

andrew2510
03-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the article OP, I'm planning on starting multiple eCommerce sites soon and taking online payments is the only thing that's scaring me! It's hard to get your head around all the rules and regulations if you're not experienced in the industry.

Yankeeman
05-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Initially, you may want to take a look at Square or a Closed Loop system such as the Genie Prepaid Card.

alice737
04-04-2019, 04:37 AM
In the event that your record is restricted, we'll send you an email with the purpose behind that constraint. ... On the off chance that you tapped on any connections or downloaded any connections inside the suspicious email or site, sign in to your record and view your exchanges. It's additionally a smart thought to change your secret phrase

bougti
04-27-2019, 04:15 AM
Any update on this now that the deadline has came and gone? Also, did I misunderstand you or did you say you submitted business info to PayPal that had previously been associated with a limited account? PayPal can not confirm specific info associated with your LLC other than the EIN number/name, so you can mismatch address/phone number, etc.. I just overcame this limitation but wasn't asked for a SSN.. I may be able to help you with the creativity if it's not too late but that SSN could be a deal breaker..

Tutuapp (https://tutuapp.uno/) 9apps (https://9apps.ooo/) Showbox (https://showbox.kim/)

Frunobulax
05-02-2019, 04:16 AM
My advice: just don't use Paypal. They suck. Get a REAL account at a REAL bank that has to follow banking laws. PayPal can (and does) legally screw you over anytime they feel like it and you have zero recourse. They bend over backwards to claim they are not a bank so they don't have to follow all those tedious banking regulations like treating you fairly. They could take all your money tomorrow and refuse to give it back and there's literally nothing you can legally do about it. There are plenty of other legitimate card and billing processors out there. Don't do business with people who say "I'll keep your money and I promise I'll give it back if I feel like it." Just google "Paypal Sucks" and watch a few videos and read a few pages.

This is one of my favorites - and it's from 2014!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4tjneF_Wk

creditosonline
05-14-2019, 11:13 AM
Good luck with Paypal. Eight years ago I was limited by legal precaution, although I showed them that my activity was legal and today, I still can not use it. :sad: