PDA

View Full Version : Letting someone go.... how to cope?

qtpuh2t01
04-15-2014, 09:14 PM
My full time baker is employed as an independent contractor. She was hired on because we sold product in mass quantities to a sports stadium, and knew we would need the extra help. We hired her on a month in advance to get her trained and ready to go. Unfortunately, we lost the account, literally 5 days before our first order was to be placed. Now, we cant afford her. I know this sounds so sweet, cut and dry... but she quite her other two jobs to be with us, and now we have to let her go. I feel like crap, and don't know how or what is the best way to proceed with this. Money for employees is so stressful and we simply cant afford it anymore. HELP

pdbsales
04-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Be up front with her. That's really all you can afford to do - sit her down in-person, explain what happened and why you have to let her go. There's nothing else that you can do.

TCI
04-17-2014, 04:07 AM
This is part of running a business. I can see that your reasons are valid and you need to explain this nicely. If you have made your mind, you should talk to her asap because she maybe able to go back to her previous works if the other businesses haven't taken anyone in her place yet.