PDA

View Full Version : Website competition - feedback please

simonread
03-20-2005, 02:46 PM
We are just about to just launch a competition on our website. Not having launched a competition before I would be grateful for any feedback both as to the content and layout of the page and also to find out if anyone knows of any directories etc. where I can list the competition.

My particular questions are -

1. Are the questions posed too hard / too easy?
2. Is the prize sufficiently attractive to encourage people to enter?
3. Do we convey enough information on the page about what we do as an organisation?

The page is at innovationcentres.co.uk/index.php?page=competition

Thanks in advance of any feedback.

Active-Gcom
03-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Hi Simon,

I hope I can provide some useful feedback for you...

1. Are the questions posed too hard / too easy?

I think you've set them at the most appropriate level. People have to look for the answers but they are not too difficult to find which is good. People won't want to spend too long looking for answers for a promotional quiz but your questions achieve the correct balance.

2. Is the prize sufficiently attractive to encourage people to enter?

They seem pretty good to me but one thing I would say is that the Ferrari driving experience will no doubt predominately appeal to males. You may want to offer an alternative first prize that would appeal more to females or even males who are not interested in cars. An idea maybe a night at the opera or west end show.

3. Do we convey enough information on the page about what we do as an organisation?

On the site there is enough information but perhaps not a lot on the actual competition page. Some of your text on the page could be improved slightly to give a more immediately understanding and impact.

Overall I'd recommend changing the page something like this: http://www.active-g.com/web_design/nbic/nbic.html (http://active-g.com/web_design/nbic/nbic.html)

The benefits is that you are pushing the prizes in a way that can be easily seen and is appealing, and also by using a form you are making it as easy as possible for people to enter. Clicking the Submit Entry button would send an e-mail to yourself containing the enetered details.

I could put just this page together for you for a competitive price if you're interested.

Anyway, hope these comments help.

Kind regards,