PDA

View Full Version : Tea Room?

TeaRoom
03-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Hello I am trying to find a website or a forum for people who are wanting to own a catering business and found this one for small business's so am hoping somebody out there will be able to help me!

My family and I are looking into buying a tea room in the UK. This will be our first business so we need a lot of advice! If there is anybody out there who owns a tea room or similar (cafe, coffee shop etc) then I would love to hear from you! Or is there anybody who could point me in the right direction as far as websites and forums are concerned!

Thank you for any help that I receive

scrocker
03-26-2005, 06:57 PM
I run a wholesale bakery in Seattle and two of my clients are tea houses. One is a sit down tea restaurant with a walk up counter where customers go up order tea and perhaps a pastry or small bite from the display case. He has an array of little and big things to eat. The owner knows his tea and often spends a lot of time describing his offerings in great detail. Although in my opinion the place has a lot of ambiance and is a very relaxing atmosphere, there is something a little bit unrelaxing about having to stand in line to order your tea. perhaps he doesn't have the volume for table service. You can also buy tea bulk and an assortment of tea pots and such.

the other of my clients is more of a tea shoppe where people can buy bulk tea, teapots and various treats and cookies like my shortbread.

TeaRoom
03-27-2005, 08:48 AM
I run a wholesale bakery in Seattle and two of my clients are tea houses. One is a sit down tea restaurant with a walk up counter where customers go up order tea and perhaps a pastry or small bite from the display case. He has an array of little and big things to eat. The owner knows his tea and often spends a lot of time describing his offerings in great detail. Although in my opinion the place has a lot of ambiance and is a very relaxing atmosphere, there is something a little bit unrelaxing about having to stand in line to order your tea. perhaps he doesn't have the volume for table service. You can also buy tea bulk and an assortment of tea pots and such.

the other of my clients is more of a tea shoppe where people can buy bulk tea, teapots and various treats and cookies like my shortbread.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reply
We are after the more relaxing atmosphere, but will also have it so people who are in a hurry can buy a sandwich or cake, and dont have to stop and wait! So the best of both worlds!