PDA

View Full Version : Help name our bar/lounge with catchy name from this list...

Kauai
03-28-2005, 04:00 AM
Aloha to all, :)

Our Wasabi's Sushi restaurant on Kauai needs name help! The restaurant is currently decorated/muraled as if you are underwater, with colorful corals, dolphins and lots of sealife throughout. The new bar will be on this same ground level, with a covered open deck above for dining/drinking - with ocean views and breezes. We are hoping to draw the young to middle age crowds, so the feel will probably be upbeat, fun and cool, but not blaring. The names below are the best that we have come up with to date. Please rank your top pick from the list below. Thanks!

1. Blue Room
2. Sand Bar
3. Sake To Me
4. Liquid Blue
5. Kanpai Lanai - “Kanpai means to Drink" in Japanese

Lanai, lounge, bar, patio, deck, etc. can be added to the names above as well, or not. It helps if it sounds good along with the restaurant name because it will sometimes be displayed/referred to together. Thanks, hope you come see the finished product sometime...

Thanks Again! Joel

Zink
03-29-2005, 04:37 AM
I am going to go with the Sand Bar but mainly because it is reffered to in a Dead Milkmen song. Both Sand Bar and blue room sound much better than the rest. I am 25 and living in Barcelona and most of the popular clubs have names similar to those two like the tree bar etc. also combining sand bar to sandbar could give you some interesting text options.

-andrew

UCHOOSEIT
03-29-2005, 02:32 PM
I'd have to say either Sand Bar or Liquid Blue.

Kauai
03-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Any more opinions out there? Please pick your favorite from the list below.

1. Blue Room
2. Sand Bar
3. Sake To Me
4. Liquid Blue
5. Kanpai Lanai - "Kanpai means to Drink" in Japanese

Thanks! :D

ehomebusiness
03-30-2005, 11:34 PM
I like Liquid Blue. The name entices me, and basically just sounds cool.

Best of luck with your venture.

PL
04-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, coming from the mainland, I would name it The sand Bar, or Liquid Blue. But it sounds like you in Hawai'i, so it depends if you get more tourists coming to your resturant, or more locals. If you get more tourists, I suggest going with The Sand Bar. If you get more locals, then Kanpai Lanai or something would sound better.

Brandon
06-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Sand bar would make me want to go in more than the others...

smithdesign
07-18-2005, 01:37 PM
I like liquid blue. Sounds catchy...

Tobby Smith
Smith Design Services