PDA

View Full Version : Business & Age

mvk88
03-28-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm 16 years old, I graduated from high school and now I want to start my own business, which was my dream for some time now. But I cannot because of my age, I can't sign contracts, buy a property, get a loan, etc. Does anyone have any ideas on how can I make my dream come true without waiting till I'm 18 years old?
Thanks for your time!

MarkD
03-31-2005, 03:39 AM
I would ask an accountant.

For example you could set up a company with your parent(s) as directors, yourself if allowed , but with you holding 51%+ or all of the shares.

googoos0ng
01-17-2014, 09:35 AM
You could ask your parents to guarantee for you and, once you get 18, they could give you all the shares. I don't think you can be legally part of a company until you are 18, even for a small share, but it's better asking to an accountant.

fredkawig
03-12-2014, 09:27 AM
There are a lot of businesses that don't require you to be at least 18 years old. Only those involving certain contracts are required of you to reach at least the majority age before you can start with it.

mikelouis
03-12-2014, 09:56 AM
It all depends on the type of business that you want to do. But all businesses need you to be over 18 years so the only way you can do this is by a parent being your cosigner. It is the parent who will be signing contracts on your behalf.

Eagles910
03-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Use your parents. That is what they are for. I sure you can do all of those things if your parents sign, and give you permission. You can also look into emancipating yourself. Which would give you adult rights.

janineaa
03-14-2014, 01:52 AM
What kind of business do you want to put up? The best thing to do is to have a chat with your parents. Ask them if they can register the business papers for you, and maybe you can loan from them first? If they are supportive of your venture. If not, ask them to loan for you and use their papers.