PDA

View Full Version : SWOT Analysis on Competitors

kllyklly
07-09-2019, 06:34 PM
I am confused as to how I am supposed to do a competitive analysis on my competitors. How would I know what their strengths and weaknesses are? am I supposed to use my own judgment? or is there a way to get concrete information on this?

Thanks,*

Kelly

V1kk
12-14-2020, 06:14 AM
Depending on their size, you would look at their annual report if possible, to see if they are doing well economically, and what initiatives they are using to improve their business. Also, look at the world today, and see if anything could be a threat to them.

Usually you would do an internal analysis and an external model detailing the world that sorrounds the company. Then you take from these two the strengths and weaknesses of the company, and the threats which they face, and what opportunities might exist for their business. I would advise you to get yourself a marketing book that describes these different models for you, so you can get an understanding of how to use them.

lishmaliny
03-30-2021, 04:18 AM
If you’ve ever conducted a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis, then you know that it can help with your strategic planning. The analysis gives you a clearer picture of where your business is now and what you can do to grow.