PDA

View Full Version : Time Tracking - helpful or harmful for business ?

Jan Godlewski
05-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Do you use any time tracking software? Is it good for your firm or rather to much mess and troubles? What are advantages and disadvantages?

scottlawrence
06-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Personal service companies bill by the hour and time tracking is a must. What you are looking for really depends on the problem you are trying to solve. much of what I do is computer based and using OfficeTime is a great little app to track time.

Scott Lawrence
www.wadefenseatty.com

geno2
06-05-2014, 07:56 AM
There are lots of time tracking tools out there that you can use. Some of it are harmful and some of it are not. It is also depends on what features the employers need and how to use these tools. Our company use a time tracking called Time Doctor. Good thing about this tool, it doesn't invade employees privacy and help you improve productivity. There are tools that secretly tracks on the background that are intrusive.

jesslee
07-17-2014, 01:33 AM
Many tools are used for the purpose of time tracking.Tracking is used when companies are bill by the hour.Snapshots of their screen are send to the clients as a proof.

lia
07-31-2014, 05:50 AM
For me, time tracking is very useful. It can make you know how you spend the work hours on clearly. Especially for people living in unorganized condition. Disadvantage, hmmmm....if there is some, that should be you need spend time on making to do lists before the day starts. ;)
And there is a program called Efficient Calendar can be used for time tracking, for the tasks and events.

MahaKarthi
11-17-2014, 01:33 AM
I would say that a time tracking tool or a software is a needed one for any business. Whether you are running a big business or a small one, managing time is important. Managing the whole cycle of the company is very important. If you want to know about a Product Life cycle Management services, visit www.piterion.com. They provide PLM, IT and Engineering services.

James E. Waters
05-11-2015, 06:25 AM
Time tracking software is useful for any business. When you run any business, managing time is important. It gives you the chance to reach a large amount of target audience, it is the primary aim of any business.

ridgley
05-12-2015, 03:40 AM
It is helpful both for the employer and employee. You are sure that the employees are really doing their work that is on the employer's part. On the other hand, the employees are getting productive and more focus on their work.

Robert01
06-10-2015, 10:41 AM
To tell the truth there is no major disadvantage of using a time tracking softwere. For the advantages, you can see and know about what is going around your firm. There are many time tracking softwere available. See for yourself what suits you.

JuliaFond
06-22-2015, 09:49 AM
In my opinion a time tracking tool is needed for any business. Especially when you are running a big business in order to manage. Managing the whole cycle of the company is very important. My favorite tools to keep track of my time are, honestly, pen and paper, or there are a lot of apps.

matta1
09-17-2015, 06:39 AM
It's a great way for businesses to see where there time is going and how long things are taking. It can put pressure on staff though so i think it depends on the job role.

Malik Suleman
11-27-2015, 03:06 PM
time tracking is very helpfull for your business

nikhiljosephnewton
12-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Hi Jan,
Time tracking software helps to track the time of the employee.
It helps to track the project from the lead to the payment. It is a useful software.

nikhiljosephnewton
12-28-2015, 03:57 AM
Time tracking software is very useful for any business. It doesn't cause any trouble. Help us to track the time of an employee for the project and provide payment accordingly.

Aisha01
01-12-2016, 04:39 AM
Hello friend,
I too have the same question before I get to know about Toggl. I read about this software in a business magazine that is outlook business. This software is widely use and also have an app. This software will surely help you.

Good Day

nikhiljosephnewton
01-20-2016, 12:06 AM
Yes I am using Apptivo for my small business.It also has a time tracking software which helps to track the time.
Advantage of time tracking software Manage project schedules,collaborate with your team, track time and bill the invoice accordingly.

gandu
02-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Depends if this is necesasry or not. I mean if it's for paying contractors accordingly, then it is necessary and have no way around it. But otherwise employees might feel it's micromanagement and incite them to look elsewhere. Also depends on how you approach it, if you challenge employees on why they spent so much time on such and such project etc.

nikhiljosephnewton
02-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Time tracking software not only helps to track time but also saves time.
Track your customer, increase the business growth.

loyaanderson
03-24-2016, 01:51 AM
To tell the truth there is no major disadvantage of using a time tracking softwere. For the advantages, you can see and know about what is going around your firm. There are many time tracking softwere available. See for yourself what suits you.

It could be any business time tracking is very important tool to develop and improve your business effectively. Customers don't wait we need to render a fast service to customer. This software which tracks time helps us to improve our service better and in new way.

home_brand
03-25-2016, 06:02 AM
The office which I was in earlier has a software named 'Time Doctor'. I found it so amazing it shows your tasks with the time running from start to current time. And the amazing thing is it shows break every 2 hours. Yes, it's good for productivity and it's good for the firm.

VPofBizBlitz
12-13-2016, 12:14 PM
The best solution available to operate a more efficient, profitable and productive business. *Take your organization and employee training to a level that was previously only available to million dollar corporations. Our clients tell us it is*the "best*solution ever offered to business owners wanting total control over their business without the headaches associated with it." *Welcome to the new era of efficiency, profitability and productivty.

luffy268
12-19-2016, 06:21 AM
I would say Yes. Time tracking software is a most important and most required app for all business, not just because it tracks employee time, so that we know what they do, but it also helps us plan the daily schedule with respect to time

backlinkfy
01-04-2017, 12:41 PM
There tools like BillQuick which integrates with Quickbooks and other solutions, I think it might be useful for scaling your business and keeping track of time and expense without the headaches.

DanielAlkotaihat
06-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Do you use any time tracking software? Is it good for your firm or rather to much mess and troubles? What are advantages and disadvantages?

Yes, it is very helpful to use time tracking software for business. As it will be helpful for your business to complete all the projects on time.

pridesculling
07-07-2017, 01:17 AM
I think time tracking is very important. More so, for training. When you track time for training, you will be able to gather the following information
1. Level of Interest of the participants in the training and their interest in continuous improvement
2. Attendance - if your trainees are not in training, they cannot be learning. So, obviously, you will need them to attend the training, participate, etc.

I think tracking is important not only in training, but tracking employees and if they are at work or not.

TRAINING CENTER
07-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Time tracking software is useful for any business. When you run any business, managing time is important.

pridesculling
07-14-2017, 01:16 AM
regardless of the size and type of the business, every organization must ensure proper time tracking to know how its employees are spending their time in order to manage its operations more effectively. Not only does it help managers keep track of the consumption of resources, but also allows them to identify the effectiveness of a project for long term growth and success of the company.

zdkformations
09-07-2017, 08:49 AM
There are quite a number of tools used by the companies to keep track where some are useful and the remaining rest are useless depends upon how you use. So, if you are newbie intern, you might be familiar with the term upwork that is a tracking tool according to the hourly basis they provide clients work and through which various company run and pay bills to employees. So, there is a dire need to work according to time as it keep you punctual and speed up your work too.

TheDogLine
02-19-2018, 02:21 AM
One advantage of Time Tracking is - Increase Productivity Time tracking software monitors all the activities a user is performing on his/her computer and provides the detailed analysis of the work done, and also the time spent on the unproductive actions.

On the other hand, one disadvantage is - Fear of Being Watched Many people believe that while their time is being tracked, the software that does this is probably picking through their database, doing who knows what, maybe stealing confidential data.

kate_k
08-17-2018, 06:34 AM
I can't imagine my life without time tracking. And I work as a freelancer, self-employed. But it increased my productivity to such an extend that I became kind of obsessed about monitoring my work. But I think it's important to integrate with other tools. Or use some extra apps to enahce work.
I use Hey.Space, for example, for a better communication with my team members.
So I know it's a big issue for larger companies but from my own experience I think combining tools which help in managing time and overall workflow is a key to success. :)

kalpesh30
10-21-2019, 03:08 AM
You have shared a helpful answer to me.

Thomas Patel
10-23-2019, 08:10 AM
Yes!

In our company, tracking software has been installed. And according to me, it is perfectly fine to install tracking or we can say surveillance software in a firm. Also, I didn't observe any confusion and trouble amongst the supervisors and employees.
Advantages: Increase the productivity of employees, increase the liability, helps to save money, significantly improved customer service, etc.
Disadvantages: slightly reduce the esprit of employees, trust issues may arise.

valkent
11-22-2019, 08:16 AM
Tracking employees' time carries the danger of getting them experience like they may be being spied on. This is one of the maximum common fears that personnel have whilst a time monitoring machine is applied. ... Managers must be clean about while and how they may implement monitoring, what statistics they will see, and the way they will use it.

Thomas Patel
11-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Yes!
According to me, time tracking software is helpful for business. It will not only help you to monitor your employee's activity but it also helps to increase the productivity of a business.

Thomas Patel
12-04-2019, 08:29 AM
According to me, time tracking software is very helpful!
It helps a company in various ways, like:

Keep track of how much tasks completed by your employees at a specific time.
Avoid micromanaging.
Manage the total expenditure.

FelixCDavies
01-15-2020, 08:20 AM
According to me, time tracking software is very helpful!
Advantages of tracking software:

1. Increased productivity
2. Increased transparency

Disadvantages of tracking Software:

1. Decrease the morale of employees.
2. Potential trust breakdown of employees can be happens.

SamuelKennedy
02-18-2020, 05:28 AM
Using Time Tracking Software is beneficial for business. Many small & large business uses Time Tracking Software to track & record time & activities of their employees in the production hours.

SamuelKennedy
02-29-2020, 04:29 AM
Time Tracking Software is very helpful for business. This software is used by nearly 85% of businesses & companies to track & record time activity of their employees.
Advantages of Time Tracking Software are as follows:-
Better Task Management
Better Workflow
Help for Payroll
Focused Employees
Improve Time Skills, etc.

debora
04-23-2020, 02:48 AM
The SumoPayroll time clock app comes with features such as location tracking, correction request, and selfie. With this App, users can record and track the clock in and clock out the time of the employees. The term clock in time is nothing but the login time of an employee, while the clock out time means the logout time of an employee. Employees can log in to the app from their Android mobile devices and can conveniently record the clock in and clock out details. To login to the App, they have to register or can sign in with their Gmail or LinkedIn account.

Employees can punch time with and without using the selfie feature. If the employee wants to punch in / out along with selfie then the employee should enable the selfie option. This feature can hinder problems like buddy punching. Real-time visibility of clocking ensures that the right employee is punching at the right location. If the punching is done outside the acceptable region, managers can address the issues immediately. The clock in and clock out details of the employees are used to calculate the break hours and working hours. In this app, the break hours is the time between the logout and login of an employee. The working hours of an employee is the time between the login and logout of an employee.

Lilykevin95
06-02-2020, 12:27 AM
When appropriately utilized, time following doesn't discourage workers and press each and every moment out of them. Legitimate utilization of time and undertaking following programming assists organizations with smoothing out their tasks, not by misusing their representatives, yet by improving venture estimation, the executives, charging and asset distribution.

Lilykevin86
06-04-2020, 01:37 AM
When appropriately utilized, time following doesn't cripple representatives and press each and every moment out of them. Legitimate utilization of time and task following programming assists organizations with smoothing out their activities, not by abusing their workers, however by improving undertaking estimation, the executives, charging and asset portion.

dharsubho627
06-13-2020, 03:43 AM
I want to start business.But i am very confuse about it.

Martiniwiz
06-16-2020, 06:08 PM
Hello Jan! Check this platform out, and let me know what you think. Swiff is a start-up application that's main focus is assisting people and companies to get back to work efficiently post-COVID-19. The application offers screening, wellness, and tracking tools, the three things any company needs to get back to work. The objective is to get people back to work as safe and as efficient as possible. https://www.swiffdev.com/

Saravanan12
12-23-2020, 03:53 AM
Time tracking is key to understanding how you spend your time, personally and in business. It is key to productivity, insight, and a healthy workflow. When you know which tasks take the most of your time, you can begin to reflect on whether that time is well spent.

Lilykevin86
01-12-2021, 02:09 AM
The Pros and Cons of Time-Tracking Software: Should Your Business Be Using It? Scoring framework that will assist you with picking the correct stage for your organization. Exorbitant degrees of work environment observing can be destructive to a representative's.

alishbasaki
01-15-2021, 12:39 AM
This is the place where appropriate time and undertaking following can have a major effect. By appropriately following past tasks, an organization can all the more precisely foresee the expense of future undertakings. This, thus, decreases the danger of the organization going over spending plan or losing cash on a task.