PDA

View Full Version : Earning whilst travelling for a former salesman

TomCWren
05-22-2014, 01:49 AM
Hello all, I would really appreciate some advice on how I may be able to use my skills and experience to earn money as I travel the world. I respect freelancers and entrepreneurs who make money here and there, predominantly online it seems.

My skills are in sales and business development. I spent 3 years at a large American IT vendor booking meetings on the phone and I rose up to a UK wide sales manager for mid-tier clients. I don't know how I could convert these skills to earn some cash as I travel, it probably makes it hard as I don't have a constant phone number but am itching to get back into selling 3 months into my 12 month trip.

Any help, ideas or advice would be hugely appreciated. If you are looking for someone yourself with experience and desire to maybe improve your own sales or to book meetings or calls with clients, likewise let me know and I'll have a think about how I may be able to help.

Thank you in advance

Tom

Tomcwren.com

mattandshana
05-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Tom,

Being fairly new ourselves... Shana and I decided to begin our journey into entrepreneurship with affiliate marketing. This offers a lot of benefits that a traditional business and even some online ventures do not. For instance, with affiliate marketing, you don't have to have your own website, products nor do you have to have a sales back-ground (but, it won't hurt). This type of entry into online business is, in my opinion, one of the easiest when you're talking about barriers to entry and start-up costs. I will tell you that you will definitely have some costs to get started (some programs charge a nominal fee to join, you will have to advertise the product or service in order to drive traffic to the affiliate offer, etc) but, as I said, these are but a fraction of what you could pay with some other type of business.

I know that we were extremely apprehensive about getting started... really didn't even know where to begin! Fortunately, we found a training program... no, scratch that, it's an education in internet marketing and it had enabled us to get a really quick start on our journey to financial independence. If you already have some knowledge then you should be fine, once you find the affiliate program that you want to promote. If not, PM us or check out the link in our signature below and we will be happy to introduce you to the folks who are mentoring us through the beginning stages of our business and beyond.

Either way, I hope this was helpful.

Best of Luck!

Matt

DavidZin
11-15-2015, 12:06 AM
I think it's very good to travelling earning money

coolsaiful11
04-06-2017, 01:04 AM
Create your own eCommerce store in minutes! Free Trial
http://shopiesta.com/

MichealCurry
05-03-2019, 01:50 AM
Hey guys is any business which we can manage from home?

OTCommerce
05-18-2020, 08:45 AM
Make a blog. Now it is very popular.

Unitah
10-05-2020, 07:38 AM
There are a lot of ways of earning money online so you can afford travelling to any place you want. I really liked some options above. I can also recommend you using https://timescanner.pro/ app the next time you go somewhere. It helps to track the time, and it's especially convenient and useful when you travel across several different timezones.

speeduser
02-05-2021, 04:15 PM
You can earn while you are travelling. It only takes talent and intuition to actually carry this out. - Paul Savramis (https://www.paulsavramis.org/)