PDA

View Full Version : Bad idea ..... Good idea ??

velosity1
06-22-2004, 09:47 PM
hello there

I bin thinking of opening my own business for a long time know and I was wondering if I can get some advise ??

well Im very good with computers and I like networking

but heres the thing its business to business

and most of my targets wich are the customers all ready have , up and running networks in there offices

is this a bad idea to go into this kind of business?? ....... most likely will I fail ???

I know that there is new technology coming out every day which is a good thing

for instence wire less networks

and the trend is getting high atention ... well at least I think it is (still have to do some more research)

and I was wondering if you have any information on starting a networking company

well hope you all can help a poor entrepreneur

tnx

velosity

Jude
07-15-2004, 05:02 PM
You sound like me 2 years ago, and when it comes to networking, I still have the kinds of issues you do. First thing I did 2 years ago was build a website promoting my web design/development services. One year later I started my own web hosting company, which is now starting to bring me customers at the point when they start a new project, and work out well for me over the long term. But finding new clients is still slow, so like you I'm focused on building a network (currently hidden on my site). I think building and owning a site like this which is a free PHPnuke download is a cool and cheap way to build your network online (if you're like me, you don't want a business that attracts customers through spam). In the coming months I will be re-launching my original site with similar capabilities as this one.

If you are interested in this kind of project, please feel free to contact me at info@sohosme.com subject: Your Portal

dbcomputers
02-21-2005, 11:13 AM
I am in a similar business myself, if you want some marketing tips then sent me an email at chris@dblimited.co.uk and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Chris Wall