PDA

View Full Version : Trying to buy bulk USB memory sticks in the East

Chinaman
04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy bulk high-capacity USB 2.0 memory sticks in the East (China, Korea, ...). I asked one of the largest companies for a quote but their price is almost as high as the price I pay in a local supermarket for this product :? . This was a big surprise to me because I thought it would be just a fraction of the price. Are these guys trying to rip me off or are electronics (especially USB memory chip sets) this expensive these days in the East ? :?:

For God's sake, they are selling a liquid computer mouse :D for just a few dollars. Why can't they sell USB sticks for a few dollars ?

Thx,
Chinaman

tofumonkey
06-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Hiyee chinaman,

U from china?

Most of the electronics are made in Taiwan... especially computer products, so u might want to check there... I recall a few months back, a 1GB thumbdrive going for about SGD$170 (retail)...

Cheers,
tofumonkey.com

jeff
06-09-2006, 07:21 AM
It looks like the market is saturated with USB drives. And most of the companies will try to sell the product under big names for higher margin rather than sell them cheap.

IMEXSourcing
01-30-2014, 04:17 AM
Hi,

We are a sourcing company based in China and I can tell you this is a field with intense competition and it is a volume business. If you are not buying large volumes, you would certainly find the pricing expensive. Also the pricing changes on daily basis based on demand and supply factors. China is still lacking in technology when it comes to storage devises and mostly does assembly work, while the wafers normally come from Taiwan. We would be able to quote you for these for major brands as well as OEM, if you could drop us an email with your qty. requirements.

Thanks

darelle4
03-13-2014, 09:51 PM
It could be that the company you are inquiring for these items may be middle men and not a direct supplier so their mark ups may be very high. Try visiting www.alibaba.com and search for suppliers there and make sure that you check to see if they are certified by iso.

Eagles910
03-22-2014, 02:54 PM
hello,

maybe you can try to find other suppliers from the B2B website. I will recommend www.b2b-tradeshow.com

You guys do realize that this thread is 8 years old. Right?

You are wasting your time posting responses to this question. Lol

useruseruser
03-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Keep looking and try different sources. Dont give up, just try different avenues. Hell, you could even try a local wholesaler. It might work out just as cheap when you take shipping products from the Middle-East into account.
Just something to think about......

mikelouis
03-23-2014, 01:54 AM
I have also noticed that people are busy replying to a very old thread probably the member is already not on this forum.

ExpertAlex
04-19-2021, 09:19 AM
E-commerce is an area of the economy that includes all financial and commercial transactions carried out using computer networks, and the business processes associated with conducting such transactions.
You understand that it is worth choosing this with qvc reviews (https://qvc.pissedconsumer.com/review.html), and understand that these services are really verified

speeduser
04-20-2021, 02:02 PM
The memory stick has changed the game of storing data. Things became smaller and smaller as time passed by. - Phillip Elden (https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16tf3i)

lishmaliny
04-30-2021, 11:14 AM
Get contact details & address of companies engaged in wholesale trade, manufacturing and supplying Pen Drive, USB.