PDA

View Full Version : How do you welcome new staff?

Louis24
06-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Hello,

I'm working as a marketing intern in a small start-up in the UK. We are going to have new people joining our team soon.
I was wondering if some of you could share your experience on how you generally welcome new staff in your team (or how you were welcomed when joining a small business).
Do you generally spend a lot of time/energy, do you try to make him feel comfortable or do you prefer to put him/her directly into hard work? What do you share with the new staff (do you give them your entire trust as soon as they can or do you prefer waiting a bit?). What would be your tips on the subject?
That's an interesting subject I think, especially in small companies/startups where the culture/atmosphere is generally quite different from larger organisations.

Thanks for reading!

Michael Thompson
06-16-2014, 06:02 AM
First of all you should welcome him with good advices. Teach him about new environment. Yes it is necessary that you should feel him comfortable and guide on his ways slowly and steadily. When he will be normal with his routine and environment then run him in the race like a winner.

someshets
07-10-2014, 05:58 AM
formally. by giving him advise about the procedure of company. i think its enough

mark86
07-10-2014, 08:24 PM
As for an introduction to the company, you should try to be consistent with each individual who joins the company. It may be a good idea to create a company handbook, which includes company values, policies, chains of command etc. This will help the individual settle in and know what is expected of them.
As for the people feeling comfortable, or when to put people in to hard work: each individual will be different, therefore one method alone may not be able to help all. I would advise showing you are approachable, therefore if they do have any problems, they will feel like they can share them with you. Be careful not to spend to much time with them, they are likely to want to feel settled in and a apart of the team as soon as possible, being treat like the new person will delay this feeling.

printer
07-14-2014, 07:25 AM
Explain them about company values,management skills,how to maintain descipline in the office and also tell them that Main important concept is quality work not quantity work.

BossmanRex
07-16-2014, 06:57 AM
I think you set the tone for the type of work environment you have in those initial meetings so make sure that comes across to the new employee

jesslee
07-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Its very nice, we should welcome them with the good advises that are valuable to them working in a new environment. Make them to feel comfortable so they can work with a relax mind.

pmfiona4ever
09-12-2014, 09:26 AM
In our company, the project manager usually briefs the new employee about the nature of work, and what is expected of him. Since our company is small, we manage to introduce the new employee to the different departments. This is our way of making the new team member feel at ease and at home with his new home.

MahaKarthi
09-26-2014, 08:02 AM
Irrespective of fresher / experienced they are new to your company so it our responsibility to give them a warm welcome. Give them a small introduction, for couple of days allow them to sit next to senior employees. Let them know their colleagues and know about the work environment. Later have a group interaction, understand their views, and take a chance and advice the company environment along with job regulations.I think this should be done as part of job orientation.

MahaKarthi
01-23-2015, 03:45 AM
This remembers me the good incident that actually happened to one of my friends at Piterion. They have very good working culture and the treat their employees well as they believe that the employees are the assets of their company. He had a very good welcome introducing everyone in the team and then going for a small meeting to know well about the working culture and the actual work of their team. Understanding their role is very much important for the new employee.