PDA

View Full Version : Service Business

ms@bookkeepingonline.net
06-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Recently I have opened a bookkeeping company.
I am trying to decide on the best way to market this service.
We have a very small budget to work with, any suggestions
Would be very helpful

Thank you

Marc Siegel. CB

calmwave
07-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Hi Marc,
A few things that come to mind right off the bat...
[list]I think a website is a must. Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, and most internet providers (at least up here in Canada) provide you with free webspace. I always check a prospective vendor/business professional online before engaging their services.

Networking: it's free, it gets you out of the house/office and around people.

Volunteering: like networking but creates even more good will. Volunteer your bookkeeping services to an organization in your town. These organizations usually have established business leaders on their board. The referrals you get from your volunteering work could surprise you.

Consider a niche market and approach their associations: Maybe you've done bookkeeping for the trucking business and know it very well. Let them know your expertise, maybe offer special incentives for this particular market.

Press Releases: check out PRWeb. They provide a free online press release service. Press releases posted here seem to get picked up by other press release sites, an added bonus.

Articles: helpful articles on your area of expertise help get your name around. Approach local community papers and trade magazines with your articles. It's a great way to get free advertising.

Lettering on your vehicle: a must for inexpensive local advertising.

Business Cards: pass'em out whenever you feel it's appropriate. My site* has some great articles on business card etiquette, etc.

If you've got lettering on yor vehicle, you might want to consider Vehicle Card Pockets. These are weather resistant, superbly constructed business card holders that attach to the exterior of your vehicle.

Take care and good luck!
calmwave :D

kotetsu
07-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Those are lots of really good and useful suggestions, calmwave. Have you any suggestions for exactly <how> to network, though?

calmwave
07-18-2004, 05:48 AM
HI Kotetsu,

I thought hearing it straight from the experts would be better. Below are a few great resources for learning how and why to network.

[URL's Edited Out. Reason: We can't allow links or we are over-run with spammers]

Hope it helps....
:)

Tom_Egelhoff
07-25-2004, 01:01 PM
The tough part of selling a service is that it's not a product you can hold in your hand. How good a job you do is mostly a matter of opinion on the customers part. Here is an article that might be helpful: [URL Edited Out. Reason: We can't allow links or we are over-run with spammers]

As far as exactly how to network there is one very strict rule that most people violate. They think their task is to tell as many people as possible about THEIR business. What you are supposed to do in networking is find out everything you can about someone elses business and find a fit for you. Don't put the burden of hiring you on the other person. Show them based on what they told you why they should hire you. Every contact you make with a human being during the day is a selling opportunity... make the most of every conversation. I think you will find it's much easier to ask someone what they do as opposed to telling them what you do. Find a need you can fill and fill it.

calmwave
08-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Hello Kotetsu,
Seems the resource links I added have been deleted so my post is essentially useless (they were not my sites, by the way, but I understand and respect the administrator's concerns).

If you'd like to email me, I can refer you to the sites privately. :)

userdesigned
08-18-2004, 08:52 PM
I would also suggest a website, but not just any old website.

Depending on where you are located you could generate a lot of business through free search engine traffic.

If there are a lot of people looking for your type of service in your area or in a major metropolitan area near where you live you could build a website that targets people who are looking for your services in your area.

This is a good way to market your buisiness for the long term. If you build your site right you could generate business for the life of your business.

If you are interested in learning more about this method please drop me an email and I can point you in the right direction to get started.

Best of luck,

Userdesigned

jbaker_77@yahoo.com

brevetoxin
10-07-2004, 10:12 AM
One of the best ways to network would be to join a networking group. These groups typically meet once a week for breakfast or lunch and allow only one person from any given specialty in the group. i.e. If they already had a bookkeeping person, they wouldn't allow you in, but if you get into one, you'll be the only bookkeeping person. Not only would some of these people require your services, but you actually do get quite a few targeted leads from them. I was skeptical at first, but it really is effective. BNI and Ali Lassens are the two that come to mind off hand. Just do a search on the internet for "business networking group" and you should be able to find a few in your area.

Another suggestion would be with a simple letter mailed to new businesses. You can usually get a list of new businesses in your area. It's important to have a good low cost or free offer in the letter to entice them, because new business owners don't often have a lot of money starting up. Remember, you're looking for long term, repeat clients, so a "killer" startup deal could work well for you.

eman
05-12-2005, 11:17 AM
brevetoxin,

Thats nice suggestion to hear about network marketting. :mrgreen:

Eman

sarascatering
08-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Recently I have opened a bookkeeping company.
I am trying to decide on the best way to market this service.
We have a very small budget to work with, any suggestions
Would be very helpful

Thank you

Marc Siegel. CB

Hi, I also run a local business.. I suggest you invest in local SEO first.. I use seofully.com

sameergupta12
08-06-2018, 02:11 AM
Business-Plan Consulting. ...
Packing and Unpacking Service. ...
Business-Travel Management. ...
Carpet Dyeing. ...
Hospital-Bill Auditing. ...
Specialized Staffing. ...
Bookkeeping. ...
Computer Repair.

chandrumohan
01-02-2020, 06:07 AM
We as highly emerging Play School In Guduvanchery ready to serve the children with quality education and much secured environment of Preschool In Guduvanchery.