PDA

View Full Version : Just started

spandango
06-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Hi, everyone. I am new to the forum. My husband and I started a new online business. Neither of us does not have marketing background. I read some of the threads about flyers, but many places don't allow us to put anything if you aren't a non-profit organization. I tried to put ad on Craig's list or other forums but rejected or flagged. For a small family own business like us, what other options do we have? I am thinking about purchasing a business membership of the local public radio so that they will announce our business name on air. Would this be a good idea? Any advice will be appreciated!

jesslee
07-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Welcome, congratulations for starting your new business.Hope you will get success in your work.Your ides for advertising your business is good.

yourmobilesitemaker
07-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Depending on what your business is about you can get traffic to your website by just answering questions on Yahoo Answers. Answer questions that have to do with the topic of your business and include a link to your site.

This is super easy and it generates super targeted traffic who are already looking for you solution. Just watch how you word your answer because if you sound like you're trying to really sell something you will get flagged.

Good luck!

andybrowne
07-14-2014, 06:08 AM
hi spandango i wellcome you on smallbusinessforums and my best wishes are with your new business.

printer
07-16-2014, 03:08 AM
Heartiest congrats from my side and warm welcome on small business forum.To promote your business first you will have to register in local business.Wish you both a good luck.

paul woodall
07-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Hello Spandango,

I am not clear on your question but if you are asking what kinds of "Marketing" you can do as a small online business. There are several.

Most local newspapers are a good place to advertise locally or at least a few "launch" ads. Not convinced about the radio. Announcing your name onair may seem cool but will it result in web traffic. Probably not.

Because you are an "online" business, you should be advertising online. Find any facebook groups or forums that appeal to your customers and get involved, share promos, etc. You could try Google PPC adwords to generate some awareness of your website. Definitely ensure you have an email system set-up for eblasts, communications, upsells to anyone that buys.

You could start a blog (use wordpress they are free) to create content based on keywords people are searching for and then drive traffic back to website. You can create videos and or reviews for each of the products you sell based on keywords.

Hard to give more specifics without knowing exactly what you are selling.

Cheers,

Paul Woodall
www.thelittlebusinesscoach.com