PDA

View Full Version : So difficult to advertise via social media or flyers...

spandango
06-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi, I am new to the group. My husband and I started an online Spanish tutoring service. We have been getting some traffic to our site, but no one is actually signing up for our service. Any suggestions to increase the number of customers, not just visitors?
We also tried to narrow our target population by posting our website in certain FB or Forum groups, but it is impossible. Some of the discussion or website suggest to use Forums/Craig's list etc. but I was flagged and can't even go back there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

scarrero
06-29-2014, 12:33 AM
You will have the best luck by simply being yourself, joining groups that interest you, and making friends just as if you were
not trying to promote anything. After all, this is a relationship building business and you will have higher success by using Facebook as a platform to meet new people, find mutual interests, and subtlety introduce them to your business. Make friends, find out what they do, find out if they would be interested, etc…

Memphis
06-29-2014, 06:39 PM
there are so many online places for spanish. we have a client who do after-school programs and summer camps and from what i see it is more a person to person thing.

yourmobilesitemaker
07-06-2014, 01:46 AM
You may want to try Yahoo Answers or Answers.com as a source of traffic. I've had conversions simply by answering people's questions on Yahoo Answers that have to do with the topic of my business and include a link.

When doing this you have to watch you wording though, if you make it sound too much like your trying to sell something, you will get flagged.

Good luck!

Ghost_NDROID
07-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Are you still looking for information or are you comfortable with the responses?

sc2bam
07-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi,

Social media, and flyers, Craigslist, is a way of advertising, you certainly don't want to give up on those. You just need to learn how to, promote your business, correctly using them. And then be consistent.

I see other Spanish Tutorial sites, having success, by giving away free lessons, online or offline. It's easier, to make it available in a digital format, that way you don't have to worry about shipping and handling costs, or neither the costs of printing and distribution.

Create a capture page, offering the free lessons. Drive lots of targeted traffic to it. After your prospects optin, and get their free lessons, then you can send them a survey, asking, what they liked about it, what can be improved upon, what they really need help with, etc. Then you can customize, your lessons around some of those answers, and have them for sale. You can deliver your lessons through webinars, videos, google hangouts, podcasts, etc.

You want to have your prospects, engaging with you. That's just the tip of the iceberg... There's a lot to learn around internet marketing and email marketing, much less, learning how to strategically, build an ongoing profitable business, period. You will definitely want to master one strategy and stick with it, until you're in profit. Then scale it up.

Most importantly, determine what your, USP will be, to make you stand out from the other vendors.

Best Of Success,

Shay C.

Resource9
07-11-2014, 02:54 AM
Social media works great when it comes to getting more traffic to your website. It is important to work on posting new updates and increasing your social media network. Make sure that you keep your audience interested by the updates you are posting.

jesslee
07-21-2014, 12:16 AM
You should promote your business on social media sites, make more friends here and try to know about them. Then tell them about your business.Post the specific information about your business here, so the interested people will see it and will contact you.

ChristopherAldrich
08-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Yes, nowadays social media need more diversity on marketing, because everyone is using social networks for advertisement. Getting visitors is easier than getting customers. You can get visitors from online marketing, but when it comes to converting that visitor into customers, you need to work on your products and give them required product and pricing. You can also have some reward like plan to attract customers.

printer
10-21-2014, 04:49 AM
Social media Network is the best way to promote your business and to get traffic on your site.You will have to making friends on your profile and post quality content on your page.

shrinkme
10-21-2014, 09:22 PM
I find that commenting on relevant blogs can create quite a bit of traffic. It might be hard to find blogs to comment on, and even harder to find the right subjects, but it can be done. Keep a list of blogs you find that accept comments and visit each regularly. Make thoughtful comments and don't spam. Give it a try!

Lipipaliwal
12-27-2014, 06:27 AM
In my view, it is very good to follow some SEO and SMM strategies regarding your website. You should have to go to blog posting, content writing with quality and so on. Apart from this, you should also pay an attention over the link building strategy such as, forum posting, QnA, Social Bookmarking, Web 2.0 and so on. These are the SEO strategies which are really fruitful for your website and boosting your site ranking in Google. After that, you have to also share your product information and blog in different social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. If you follow these points, then I assure you, your site will be rank on SERP.

Resource9
01-29-2015, 04:46 AM
You must have a perfect strategy for marketing on the social networking websites. You will come across many social networking websites but make sure that you create and maintain a presence only on the most popular ones because that's what matters.

cwvps
07-08-2015, 10:18 AM
Don't give up on social media. Try some guest blogging, too.

wyattzachery
07-15-2015, 03:40 AM
Social media networks are new channels for your service it makes you familiar and it brings visibility to your services

itsnotsobad
07-18-2015, 06:59 AM
It seems like you haven't identified your target market. If you're going to do social media, you have to identify where your target audience likes to hang out - and hang out there. That could be Google+ communities, Facebook groups, etc... Just hanging out in general interest groups will yield you traffic to your site, but it won't be targeted. In other words, they won't be interested in Spanish lessons. This is what you're doing which is why you're getting visitors but no sign ups.

cwvps
07-22-2015, 11:43 AM
In my opinion, flyers are a marketing tool of the past. You should definitely go with social media networks and email marketing.

elinavannatta
07-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Hi spandango,

The fact that your traffic is not resulting in sales signals a conversion problem. Your sales copy may be written poorly or something is confusing your potential customers.
I would go back and look at your branding and your core messages. You need a solid branding and marketing strategy that outlines how you plan on reaching your target markets, based on where your target customers "hang out" online. Both social media and flyers can work if you use them strategically.

For example, you can jump-start your social media marketing with a few quality blog posts shared across various social media platforms.
Make quick "review guides" or tutorials and post them on Pinterest.
Make a video tutorial and place it on Youtube. Your prospects are more likely to buy if they can see what you are offering.
Google Adwords can bring targeted traffic if you can properly write, manage and A/B test the ads.

Do not be discouraged. There is a ton of opportunities to market your tutoring service and succeed. Digital and offline marketing have been growing and changing at an insane speed and it can be tough to keep up with everything. You do have to know a lot to succeed. You do have to work hard to market. Just know that it takes focused time and effort and it is normal to not see sales immediately.

Burrows Tech Services
08-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Hi, I am new to the group. My husband and I started an online Spanish tutoring service. We have been getting some traffic to our site, but no one is actually signing up for our service. Any suggestions to increase the number of customers, not just visitors?
We also tried to narrow our target population by posting our website in certain FB or Forum groups, but it is impossible. Some of the discussion or website suggest to use Forums/Craig's list etc. but I was flagged and can't even go back there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Many people have the problem you are having.

They get traffic to their web site but don't get customers.

You can correct this issue through website analysis. Google Analytic and other analytic software offers services that allow you to see which links your customers click on and which they don't. You can then use that data to offer your customer more information or services like the one they were interested in.

If you have questions, or need help with this, please call or email me.

I hope this helps!

Sarah - Dufferin Media
08-03-2015, 09:06 PM
If you target the Facebook Ads correctly you should reach the audience that is more apt to sign up.
Happy to chat more anytime via skype.