PDA

View Full Version : Thrift store name?

forthecause
05-24-2005, 12:35 PM
I've just rented a nice piece of property in Peobody, MA for $1700/month. My business partner and I are starting a thrift store. We will be selling furniture, games, electronics, books, household stuff, etc. The products will good quality and heavily discounted. The store will be well lit, clean and professional, yet comfy.

My business parnter's name is Dan and my name is Eric if it matters. I haven't come up with anything good yet. It should be catchy, yet not lame. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Suggestions from friends: "Family Thrift" "Discount Botique" "DnE Discounts" "D and E Discounts"

Antek
05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Just a couple of ideas...

"Second Time Around" or "2nd Time Around"
"The Attic" (since this is where people usually find things they have forgotten they had, and can now use again).....or any version thereof, (i.e. Dan's Attic, Eric's Attic, Discount Attic, etc.)
"Second-Hand Smiles" (although probably a little too girly of a name)
"Dan and Eric's Thrift Store" (America's Thrift Store is very popular here)

That's just off the top of my head while doing 10 other things, I will think on it and let you know if I come up with anything else.

Good luck to both of you!!

forthecause
05-25-2005, 06:08 PM
The Attic is definately one I like. Thanks. If anyone has any others, please post them here.

brettK
09-07-2005, 10:53 PM
definately make it an interesting name, all the thrift stores by me have lame names, and when you go in there all you have is old poeple working there and its very unorganized!!! i think its a good idea. make it interesting for people to come into, i like TheAttic As well

Clint
09-19-2005, 11:58 AM
The Attic is a really good name.

mbland
01-26-2014, 10:19 AM
I love thrift stores! Please find my suggestions below.

- Better Bargains
- Finders Keepers
- Rerun
- Twice New
-Value Village

I hope this helps :)

dingdesigns
01-26-2014, 10:29 AM
- Bargain Basement
- Bargain Bucket
- Light in the Attic

If you need a logo designed just get in touch, I'm sure I could help you out.

swagger
01-26-2014, 11:54 AM
"Family Thrift" sounds like a decent one to me. Some ideas I'd personally consider if I were you are:

-Thrift Nation
-Thrift World
-Value World

Basically something catchy and gives off that it's a thrift shop.

CSomm
03-07-2014, 11:05 AM
In my city, the nearest thrift shop to me is simply called "Phil's Stuff". Inside is Phil, and his stuff---it's not a clever or amazing name, but I think it translates well to a thrift store that maybe doesn't want to associate too heavily with bargains or with pricey antiques. He deals both out of the shop, so why specify in the name something that he doesn't hold to?

Attic sounds dusty to me. "D and E's Stuff". Vague, yes. Intentionally so!

Jessi
03-07-2014, 08:07 PM
I like the names that used the word "Attic" myself! Bargain Basement is kind of catchy, but I think it also implies cheap, dirty stuff....whereas Attic sort of suggests intrigue. Isn't it funny how they're both storage places but can have completely different connotations??

Gmac9100
03-07-2014, 09:06 PM
$1700 is a lot of rent to pay for a Thrift shop. Although if i had to suggest a name. I would say be direct, and straight to the point. I would suggest you use your name followed by Thrift shop. it would read like "For The Cause Thrift Shop". I think that would be a great name.

sjphill
11-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Name suggestion? "Cheap S**t here"..... it might certainly make people curious! But I would put in the asterisks...

cbcbusinessbroker
07-27-2016, 12:04 AM
I think you can get more profit if you contact with a business broker who can sell your business in the market in you favour. In this way, you can get more profit as you can sell singles thing of your business. But first you responsiblity to study your all business in which you have advantages and disadvantages on sale the business.

pauladaniel
06-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Eric - Still looking for good thrift shop names? I found one on this list of catchy business names - https://best4businesses.com/catchy-thrift-shop-names/ Good luck!

ishusri
12-17-2020, 07:03 AM
NDT Courses in Chennai | NDT Institute in Chennai
IEQS offer NDT courses in Chennai and NDT Institute in Chennai provide the quality training with 100% placement and conduct the different types of NDT Courses.
CONTACT US
IEQS Group
3, Hayath Plaza, 2nd Floor, Nambi street (Near Bust Stand), Poonamallee., Sannadhi Street, Poonamallee, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600056
Mobile*: +91 99408 55218
Mail ID*: enquiry@ieqsgroup.com
Mail ID*: ieqsgroup@gmail.com
Website*: www.ieqsgroup.com
Tambaram Branch
№5, Gandhi Road, West Tambaram - 600 045
Mobile*: +91 99408 55218, 8754423725
Landline: 0442649 4725
Mail ID*: enquiry@ieqsgroup.com
Mail ID*: ieqsgroup@gmail.com
Website*: www.ieqsgroup.com