PDA

View Full Version : Advice Welcome: Internet Marketing

LDW
06-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Having recently become self employed I earn a comfortable living working as a sales agent. However, what brings me to this site is that I have also developed a website which has recently gone live, but I am limited financially on the amount of marketing I can afford. I would therefore, welcome any cost effective marketing tips.

I feel that advertising on the internet, google etc will not be effective until I have increased the number of members on the site itself, and therefore feel that partnerships, may be a way forward?

I would love to know what has worked and not worked for others. Please view my site to see what you think. I will gladly review others sites and give honest feedback in return.

Kind regards,

Liza

[Edited: No direct URLs please]

FDG
07-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi Liza

I have been marketing for 7 years now and know what you mean. I have worked with small and large companies and they all starve for the same thing...getting noticed!

Your interest in Web marketing is a good step, but it doesnt have to cost thousands$$$, just need to get done what you need..

is your site currently optimized for search engines? or your content? do you have people linking to you? do you have info people want to read? Does your site look professional?

these are some of the things needed... contact me if you need more help. :)

vesperinc
07-29-2005, 12:55 PM
Liza,

I agree. The best way to get noticed without investing in Pay Per Click (PPC) ads is search engine optimization. You will definitely want to include your key words in your website content, title tags and metatags. Also be cognizant of the way you're labeling your files and URLs.

I have been working on my site for about 7 months. I think we are getting there, but we're still not listed with the search engines. It can take between 6 to 12 months.

Wendy

LisaSp
09-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Liza,

I tried article marketing and it really worked when it came to traffic and dominating the search engines.

I wanted a domain name but someone else had it. So I started writing and distributing short but informative articles to a targeted group of e-mail newsletter publishers. Some of them published my articles online and my Web site shot to the top of the search engines.

Now when anyone searches for my name online my Web site is the first one that comes up. I may not own the domain name that I want, but I do own the search engine results, which actually helped my sales a lot.

I wrote an ebook about it. You can find it on my Web site if you click on my profile. Another person who has a very comprehensive, but expensive, solution is Jason Potash. His product is called Article Announcer. Just put .com behind that name and you should find his product.

BENJAMIN
09-23-2005, 04:47 AM
You could use email promotions as well.
If you have a list of customer or subscriber e-mail addresses, then you're ready to get started.

People who've visited your site and signed up for your newsletter are far more likely to buy from you than someone who's never heard of your site before. It's essential that you stay in touch with these people!

Encourage visitors to frequently return to your site by e-mailing them attractive promotional offers, such as e-coupons or discounts on new products you're offering, notification of a sale or a contest you're running, or even free services or products you've decided to give away to a limited number of people.

You can manage your mailing list and automate your e-mail promotions using existing software programs.

Maximus
11-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Dear fellow business owner,
I would love to give you some free advice. After briefly looking over your request I do not have a solid idea of what your online business does. I know that you are a salesperson and have decided to start an online business, that is it. No one in there right mind would give you advertising advice based on this alone. Marketing is a complex and delicate tool to be utilized only with all of the facts. Please post a detailed description of the online business and its mission. Only then can any sound advice be given.

UsefulBloke
12-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Hi Liza,
This biggest problems I found with the "trading" websites I've been involved with has been converting traffic into revenue and having a coherent set of methods for doing so. It's good to be found, but what do you do with them after that?
You're getting lots of good advice here and you can use all of it to help build an effective marketing structure for your site.
What I'd say to you is, there's no one thing you can do to improve the traffic, value and revenue on your site, it needs to be a mixture of methods. Just what those methods are depends on two factors: the time you have available and the budget you have available (if one of those is small it tends to mean the other needs to be bigger).
Implementation and follow through is what's really important (in other words, it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it).

TTFN

Al

faeriebell
12-20-2005, 10:46 AM
There are some cheap online sources for marketing and advertising, but you will not get any quality traffic from them.

Stick with the reputable ones and choose keywords that are niched and you won't have to pay much for (Google's minimum is 1 cent now.)

Go with Adbrite, Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing (formally Oveture) They have low minimums and are the most effective online advertising methods.

PM me if you have any questions.

googoos0ng
01-18-2014, 04:47 AM
Do you invest into newsletter and web marketing? I bought this online software www.getresponse.it at a very low budget and I use it to send to customers newsletter with news and updates. There are already some preloaded templates that might help you a lot on building your newsletter and, moreover, the use of preloaded templates would help you a lot on giving a more professional look to your marketing. Getresponse offers you also some more interesting tools and oportunities to you webmarketing, give it a look :)

smartmom
01-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Today people seem to be using ebooks more and more to get people to become members of their sites. I tried it and it works. You could give away a 10 or 20 page ebook on the subject of your expertise. There are a few things that you can give-away but make sure that they know that they will only receive the electronic book if they become a member of your site. Then visit one of the freebie sites and share your free give-away with them. You may only want to give away so many free books, its all up to you!!

Yamabushi
01-23-2014, 01:38 PM
I'd focus on building trust with a small team. Experiment with sourcing a few things like Article Writing for example. You will have to try a few before you find one you really like. Once you have, though, as them if they want to partner on your project or work with you on a recurring basis. As you work with them more and bring them more jobs you will build trust. I did this with my web developer, and on our latest venture he made the site for free and maintains it for free. It would have otherwise been a 5,000 dollar project at least.
TRUST is what will save you money. If you have people who trust you (and therefore, your business model), they will want to be a part of that and will do things for free or cut you deals in exchange.

You can get free articles written by having a forum. It's amazing what people will do for MOD control on a forum, and how many people just want their posts read. Well, have an article section on your forum and feed that to the home page. Then just give certain users access to the article forum. They will feel special and will start writing for you. Vwala...free articles.

Personally, I'd pay for content (especially youtube content), and social media ads, and as much other advertising as you can afford. But GET THE CONTENT FIRST. If all you have is traffic, you have nothing.

nowicki2013
01-23-2014, 02:10 PM
I think SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the best and least costly way to get people to your website. You can write a bunch of articles with related keywords about your site and include the link to your website in it. You can also leave back links in forums and social media to increase your page rank for your targeted keyword for your site. Just make sure that the sites that you leave your link on are quality sites and not some website that has no authority at all or else you back link will work against you. Once you land on the first page of a Google search for your related keyword you should be good to go. Once you have achieved this then all you have to do is fight to keep that spot and don't let anyone steal it from you!

oxpaulo
01-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Start a blog based around your sales experience. Write some good articles, say like "10 Sales Tips Everyone Should Know" or something similar. Keep posting tips everyday and your list will increase.

pahagwl
02-28-2014, 12:31 PM
If you are looking for cost effective ways to market your product or service on the internet, I would recommend you to post ads on the websites which host classifieds like craigslist, etc. I would also recommend you to try out SEO (Search Engine Optimization). This is a method which can increase the visibility of your business immensely. You are required to generate keywords for your business through softwares which are generally free. And due to this your website will start scoring a higher rank on search results.

foduu1
02-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Liza,

I agree. The best way to get noticed without investing in Pay Per Click (PPC) ads is search engine optimization. You will definitely want to include your key words in your website content, title tags and metatags. Also be cognizant of the way you're labeling your files and URLs.

delusional
03-01-2014, 03:51 PM
I think SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the best and least costly way to get people to your website. You can write a bunch of articles with related keywords about your site and include the link to your website in it. You can also leave back links in forums and social media to increase your page rank for your targeted keyword for your site. Just make sure that the sites that you leave your link on are quality sites and not some website that has no authority at all or else you back link will work against you. Once you land on the first page of a Google search for your related keyword you should be good to go. Once you have achieved this then all you have to do is fight to keep that spot and don't let anyone steal it from you!

This is excellent advice. I would also do exactly this. It's the first and main step to getting it right.

foduu1
03-06-2014, 12:45 AM
We would love to give you several free guidance. Soon after briefly looking over your current ask We do not have a good notion of what websites will. I am aware that you're some sort of salesman and have thought we would start an internet business, that may be that. Nobody within right brain would likely give you promotion guidance determined by that by itself. Advertising and marketing can be a sophisticated as well as fragile tool for being applied solely with all of the facts. Please post reveal explanation in the business online and its particular objective. Only and then can certainly any kind of seem guidance be provided with.

mikelouis
03-06-2014, 01:42 AM
At the moment internet marketing is all about social media. I think it is the best and most importantly, free. You do not have to pay to join social media sites. If you are limited on budget, then I would suggest you try this type of advertising.

Rainman
03-07-2014, 03:51 AM
If you have the money to spend, outsource the promotion of your site. I've seen people using microjob websites to promote their web-sites and get more traffic. Of course initially it will cost a bit but the long term benefits outweigh the initial expenses. Google wants to know that users find your site useful so the faster you create that impression even if you have to pay for it, the sooner you'll start getting organic traffic.

fredkawig
03-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Usually if your website is a local business then the local folks would be the first to boost your websites' relevance. Social networking sites are very important specially Facebook since you can reach a lot of people with its services.

pahagwl
03-12-2014, 02:00 PM

I completely agree with nowicki2013's advice that SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the way to move forward when you are advertising online. This is due to the reason that people generally tend to search for products on search engines before making a purchase. And if you are able to get a high rank in the index for your webpage in the search results, traffic will come naturally. I would also recommend you to start with some advertising on social networking websites.

vitthal77
03-22-2014, 04:30 AM
Excellent post! Internet marketing is the best way of marketing. SEO is the most important part of internet marketing. in this we increase the page rank of website in the google search engine and increase the buissness of our website. It's important to have a well thought-out plan before you undertake any kind of marketing initiative. Engagements, experiences and business results - whoever gives these three will survive in future. So many digital marketing agency don't have business experience, therefore, lack the knowledge and understand of the benefits of strategic partnerships in business. Many digital marketing agency provides the digital marketing service (http://www.brandshastra.com).

eagle22
03-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Hi Liza, unfortunately your site was removed because links aren't allowed here. However, have you tried ranking your site in Google to get organic results? I know advertising can be expensive so most new folks go after SEO as a way to get free/targeted traffic.

foduu1
03-27-2014, 01:00 AM
I would love to give you some free advice. After briefly looking over your request I do not have a solid idea of what your online business does. I know that you are a salesperson and have decided to start an online business, that is it. No one in there right mind would give you advertising advice based on this alone. Marketing is a complex and delicate tool to be utilized only with all of the facts. Please post a detailed description of the online business and its mission. Only then can any sound advice be given.

canoe
03-29-2014, 03:56 PM
The best advice is to read, read, read. There are a couple extremely informative IM forums through which you can learn so much about IM. The key to IM is that there are so many different methods and niches that it's easy to get tangled up and confused as to where to start. Learn one method/niche in detail and go from there, which brings me to my second-best advice. Do, do, do. Reading and learning about IM is important but at some point, it's easy to get stuck in reading-mode all the time. You learn just as much if not more by doing IM so always make sure you have a healthy balance between the two.

Lithium
03-30-2014, 01:44 AM
SEO is pretty good. There are many tutorials and articles about it and you can launch yourself into it pretty easily.

cameronpalte
03-30-2014, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't recommend partnerships because they require effort and a commitment that you may want to cancel in the future but not be able too. I recommend using the skills you learned as a sales agent. As a sales agent, you probably know what people want - what convinces them to buy things. People online are the same way - use what you know about what people want and give them that in the online form in order to convince them to visit your website.

ElvisPresley
03-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Quote Originally Posted by nowicki2013 View Post

One thing that people don't take into consideratiion when it comes to SEO is the time that it takes to rank for a keyword. I've known guys who literally spent months trying to rank a valuable keyword. It can be a real waste of time, especially if your strategy is ineffective. Don't get me wrong, I do SEO myself, I'm just playing devil's advocate. Anyway, what I'm saying is that sure it may not cost you money, but time can be money.

yoursocialvillage
04-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Internet marketing works pretty great. And costs less, unless you hire experts. But the thing is, you can do it on your own if ever you do not have the budget. Cheers! :)

wandering wildman
04-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Hi Lisa! I think it is all about sharing content when it comes to Internet marketing. I spend a large portion of my day commenting on other people's products. They normally return the favor. This will lead to larger sales for you in the long run also.

foduu1
04-14-2014, 06:26 AM
Your could employ e-mail marketing promotions likewise.
Should you have an index of buyer or even prospect e-mail addresses, and then you might be set to get started.

Folks who've been to your site and also decided upon your news letter are significantly almost certainly going to buy from people when compared with another person who's certainly not got word of your site before. It can be essential that you remain in touch with they will!

rhrayhan
04-15-2014, 05:45 AM
You can use bookmarking. I think its better way for seo.

touqeer
04-24-2014, 06:08 AM
SEO is difficult to learn for the web designer and developers. But you can do PPC for your clients because it is easy to use and instant traffic. You can also add the local listing in your plan with the website.

foduu1
04-25-2014, 04:08 AM
We want to give you many free of charge tips. After briefly overlooking your current ask for We will not have a compelling thought of what internet site may. I know that you're a new dealer and still have chose to begin a web based business, that may be it. No person in that room correct intellect could give you promoting tips depending on that on it's own. Marketing is often a intricate and also sensitive application to be applied just with all of the information. Remember to article reveal explanation of the web based business and it is quest. Only subsequently could any kind of audio tips receive.

bastian35
09-10-2015, 12:56 AM
Cost effective marketing that delivers fast results = automated marketing like lead lists + bulk mailing. My favorite provider is Promobrite (http://www.promobrite.com).

devidweb
12-16-2015, 05:33 AM
Look at Internet Affiliate marketing. These are normally pro's in cost effective internet marketing and are the most update.

Brittany
01-05-2016, 08:44 AM

Brittany
01-05-2016, 08:52 AM
There are some cheap online sources for marketing and advertising, but you will not get any quality traffic from them.

Stick with the reputable ones and choose keywords that are niched and you won't have to pay much for (Google's minimum is 1 cent now.)

Go with Adbrite, Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing (formally Oveture) They have low minimums and are the most effective online advertising methods.

Malik Suleman
01-06-2016, 01:05 AM
Hi Liza,
This biggest problems I found with the "trading" websites I've been involved with has been converting traffic into revenue and having a coherent set of methods for doing so. It's good to be found, but what do you do with them after that?
You're getting lots of good advice here and you can use all of it to help build an effective marketing structure for your site.
What I'd say to you is, there's no one thing you can do to improve the traffic, value and revenue on your site, it needs to be a mixture of methods. Just what those methods are depends on two factors: the time you have available and the budget you have available (if one of those is small it tends to mean the other needs to be bigger).
Implementation and follow through is what's really important (in other words, it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it).

TTFN

Al

can you share me more on this?

jayam
04-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Also called online marketing, internet marketing is the process of promoting a business or brand and its products or services over the internet using tools that help drive traffic, leads, and sales.

valluri
04-24-2020, 10:52 AM
Some examples of internet marketing are social media, email ,SEO, content marketing, search engine marketing. Using social media like Facebook, Instagram etc you can market your products and services by using internet. Email marketing includes sending a commercial message to a group of people by using email.

Artisingh1
04-24-2020, 11:33 AM
Peruse on to find out around 7 nearby web based promoting tips to assist you with picking up footing with your neighborhood It causes them to feel that their criticism was esteemed and invited.

raviseo121
09-14-2020, 02:12 AM
Thanks for sharing with us

master007
10-13-2020, 03:57 AM
The best way to get noticed without investing in Pay Per Click (PPC) ads is search engine optimization. You will definitely want to include your key words in your website content, title tags and metatags. Also be cognizant of the way you're labeling your files and URLs.

$200perday
10-14-2020, 04:12 AM
snip.ly is a tool that makes an open shortcut in any websites which allows you to shows you website inside another website !! It is not complicated but it will increase your members for sure!!
Here's this tool it's free : https://bit.ly/3lWYgWT
I wish you the best mate!

MASTERO
12-04-2020, 12:56 AM
Looking for some online marketing tips to grow your business? Well you’ve come to the right blog. Marketing to customers online is 10 times easier than using traditional marketing tactics.

Online marketing is cost-effective, it’s easier to reach your audience and you know exactly who you’re reaching. You have the ability to optimize campaigns and websites if they are not performing the way you want them to. You can clearly see how many people have opened your emails and clicked a link. You can even target who you want to when you want to. Stop wasting time and money on traditional marketing and go digital!

Nags
12-04-2020, 02:00 AM
I wanted a domain name but someone else had it. So I started writing and distributing short but informative articles to a targeted group of e-mail newsletter publishers. Some of them published my articles online and my Web site shot to the top of the search engines.

jayam12
12-04-2020, 03:53 AM
Internet marketing refers to the strategies used to market products and services online and through other digital means. These can include a variety of online platforms, tools, and content delivery systems, such as: Website content and design. Email marketing. Social media.

mithu
12-04-2020, 04:10 AM
It is marketing that is carried out exclusively on the Internet. Marketing professionals use various online adverts to drive traffic to a specific website or web page. Email litsts, banner ads, PPC (pay per click), and social media marketing are examples of methods used in Internet marketing.

RaniaRanii3
12-05-2020, 12:02 AM
Find the seven reasons why Internet promoting matters to organizations today.It causes them to feel more invited by your group and friends. Compelling Internet showcasing will help you arrive at the perfect leads at the perfect time.

master007
01-30-2021, 07:17 AM

MASTERO
02-01-2021, 12:54 AM
Discover the seven reasons why Internet marketing matters to companies today. ... It makes them feel more welcomed by your team and company. ... Effective Internet marketing will help you reach the right leads at the right time.

victoriahazel
02-01-2021, 06:21 AM
I believe the best method is Off-Page SEO and getting your work done organically since it is an effective method but yes it is proven to be a little lengthy in that case On-Page SEO might be helpful

lishmaliny
02-04-2021, 02:49 AM
Internet marketing refers to the strategies used to market products and services online and through other digital means. These can include a variety of online platforms, tools, and content delivery systems, such as: Website content and design. Email marketing. Social media.

master007
03-13-2021, 12:45 AM

Nags
03-27-2021, 01:30 AM
No one in there right mind would give you advertising advice based on this alone. Marketing is a complex and delicate tool to be utilized only with all of the facts. Please post a detailed description of the online business and its mission. Only then can any sound advice be given.

Geetha
03-30-2021, 01:46 AM
In this article, you'll learn about the seven types of internet marketing so you can ... Our readers get awesome free content to help them start and grow a ... Welcome new subscribers; Follow up abandoned carts; Follow up with ..

SmithJohn12
03-31-2021, 12:43 AM
Hi Liza

The best way to promote your website or products online on Google or other search engine platforms is search engine optimization(SEO) techniques.
Here are the 10 best ways to promote your website for free:

1. Solidify your website SEO

2. Take advantage of email marketing

3. Start a blog

4. Try guest blogging

5. Harness the power of social media

6. Submit your site to online directories

7. Post on forums

8. Reach out with outreach marketing

9. Say it with your signature

10. Focus on quality

master007
04-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Pay Per Click (PPC) ads is search engine optimization. You will definitely want to include your key words in your website content, title tags and metatags. Also be cognizant of the way you're labeling your files and URLs.

jayam12
04-06-2021, 08:27 AM
Online marketing is essential for today's businesses. Find Internet marketing tips for websites, SEO, email marketing, social media ecommerce and more.

mithu
04-06-2021, 08:29 AM
Discover the seven reasons why Internet marketing matters to companies today. ... It makes them feel more welcomed by your team and company. ... Effective Internet marketing will help you reach the right leads at the right time.

valluri
04-06-2021, 08:33 AM
Default Advice Welcome: Internet Marketing. Hello Everyone, Having recently become self employed I earn a comfortable living working as a sales agent.

Muthuraj
04-07-2021, 02:32 AM
Hi,

Nowadays everyone aware the internet marketing and most business owners interested to advertise their product or service through the internet for business development.

master007
04-15-2021, 10:19 AM
I have been working on my site for about 7 months. I think we are getting there, but we're still not listed with the search engines. It can take between 6 to 12 months.

Nags
04-20-2021, 12:25 PM

jayam12
04-29-2021, 03:38 AM
Online marketing is the process of advertising any kind of good or service to ... For example, if someone searches for “SEO Tips,”

mithu
04-29-2021, 03:40 AM
Discover the seven reasons why Internet marketing matters to companies today. ... It makes them feel more welcomed by your team and company. ... Effective Internet marketing will help you reach the right leads at the right time

valluri
04-29-2021, 03:43 AM
Online marketing is essential for today's businesses. Find Internet marketing tips for websites, SEO, email marketing, social media ecommerce and more.

Rahul28
06-10-2021, 03:22 AM
“It is marketing that is carried out exclusively on the Internet. Marketing professionals use various online adverts to drive traffic to a specific website or web page. Email litsts, banner ads, PPC (pay per click), and social media marketing are examples of methods used in Internet marketing.

Geetha
06-11-2021, 10:57 AM
Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.

AarushiAashi
06-12-2021, 12:11 AM
Organizations? Find the seven reasons why Internet showcasing matters to organizations today. It causes them to feel more invited by your group and friends. Compelling Internet advertising will help you arrive at the perfect leads at the perfect time.