PDA

View Full Version : repuation management letter

retraction
08-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Okay, so I got this letter in the mail and it had a handwritten address and my name on the front. I opened it and a page showing my Yelp reviews come up. I admit, my reviews aren't that flattering and I have a 3 star rating. The next page says how this guy (assuming he's a male) can fix my reputation with legit reviews. "Studies show that one star increase on Yelp translates into 9% sales increase every month!".

Okay, say I hire this person. Will increased rating help my business immensely? I am a restaurant owner in a medium town for reference.

Is this some type of elaborate scam because I don't know how someone can get 5 star legit reviews. Have you guys ever seen this?

paul woodall
08-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Hello,

I am sure if he knows enough people he can give anyone a 5 star rating, but doubt it's legit. How could it be?

How do you get good ratings? Find out why people rated you a 3. Contact them and ask why. Ask your customers for their opinions on your restaurant. THEN Fix or improve the issues they identify. THEN ask your customers to go online and review your business (offer them a chance to win a free dinner). Keep improving and asking.

Excellent food, reasonable prices, outstanding service, updated decor. That equals a 5 star.

Ambulatory1
08-23-2014, 03:07 AM
Great advise ...You should keep in touch with your customers to get good ratings.

themusicchamber
08-23-2014, 06:45 AM
Buying review will never help in long term, if your service is not good. Try improving your quality and find out why people are not happy with you. Fixing problem will increase your revenue not by 9 but by 90%.

printer
10-24-2014, 03:39 AM
I appreciate your advice.So improve your product quality and make people happy and satisfied.

killdeerhomes
12-03-2014, 04:15 AM
Nice post.Yes just focus on target customers and promote your business and product.

ConsultJoseph
12-03-2014, 04:51 AM
Okay, so I got this letter in the mail and it had a handwritten address and my name on the front. I opened it and a page showing my Yelp reviews come up. I admit, my reviews aren't that flattering and I have a 3 star rating. The next page says how this guy (assuming he's a male) can fix my reputation with legit reviews. "Studies show that one star increase on Yelp translates into 9% sales increase every month!".

Okay, say I hire this person. Will increased rating help my business immensely? I am a restaurant owner in a medium town for reference.

Is this some type of elaborate scam because I don't know how someone can get 5 star legit reviews. Have you guys ever seen this?

To be honest, it's pretty easy to jump the gun and say this is a scam. At this point especially since they seem to have taken the time to research about your business, give them a call and let us know what the exact process is so we can analyze it collectively :)