PDA

View Full Version : How can i collect demographic data about my current customers?

mpatel
08-18-2014, 02:54 AM
I operate a small clothing store, and am interested in collecting some data about the members of my customer base, but I'm not sure how to do so. Herein lies the problem:

I'd like to collect demographic and psychographic data about my current customers so i can better understand and predict their opinions, interests, etc. so that i can implement measures to increase sales from my current customer base.

The only problem is, the only viable way i see to collect data is through a survey. And the only method I can see of getting them to do the survey is by offering a financial incentive, like a discount.

The problem with that is that it would skew my results such that i would be getting the demographics of the most price sensitive of my customers, which i dont think would be an accurate portrayal of the overall base.

So seeing as i cant just force every person who walks through the door to participate, how could i get reliable data on the nature of my customers?

Thanks

mayoskinclinic
03-24-2019, 11:37 AM
thanks for sharing with us

alice737
03-29-2019, 04:46 AM
Existing retailers ought to figure out what fragments of purchasers they ... Retailers will locate that the vast majority of the statistic information they need so as to and afterward the coupon ought to be gathered, ideally with the client's name

originmenuboards
04-17-2019, 05:44 AM
I operate a small clothing store, and am interested in collecting some data about the members of my customer base, but I'm not sure how to do so. Herein lies the problem:

I'd like to collect demographic and psychographic data about my current customers so i can better understand and predict their opinions, interests, etc. so that i can implement measures to increase sales from my current customer base.

The only problem is, the only viable way i see to collect data is through a survey. And the only method I can see of getting them to do the survey is by offering a financial incentive, like a discount.

The problem with that is that it would skew my results such that i would be getting the demographics of the most price sensitive of my customers, which i dont think would be an accurate portrayal of the overall base.

So seeing as i cant just force every person who walks through the door to participate, how could i get reliable data on the nature of my customers?

Thanks

You can also do a thing when a customer makes a purchase obviously you will be collecting their phone numbers and name.

Create one google form and include all the related question into it.
Circulate it into the batch of 50-50 people.
When you will be having the sufficient no of filled forms, put them all in a single spreadsheet.
And then try to drive the generalize answer to that question.

abdulkaddir
04-18-2019, 12:08 AM
I agree with originmenuboards's answer. That is indeed a very useful way.

amayajace
08-07-2019, 04:51 AM
Collect the data your customers are already handing over. ...
Ask for the information in person to connect with your customers. ...
Request information over the phone for convenience. ...
Use pre-order forms to encourage more people to give you information. ...
Take data from warranty cards to collect it inconspicuously.

seoweb
11-20-2019, 01:53 AM
Surveys are exceptional and generalizations drawn from basic demography are ... Today want to collect as lots records as feasible on the manner that customers ... Clean information approximately wherein your present clients are coming from. ... At Poshly, we focus on collecting records approximately consumers' tastes and preferences.

lishmaliny
03-10-2020, 08:35 AM
Data can be collected through methods such as sample surveys and questionnaires. There are a few things that we are able to predict when it comes to consumers.

Shayan12345
03-13-2020, 12:35 AM
I think google analytics is the best platform to know the demographics.