PDA

View Full Version : First sale- need help

melero
07-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi.

I just started my first company, Melero Corporation and I have my first customer. What I wanted to know is how I do my first sale. What I had planned to do, since my purchaser is buying a custom built computer from, is create contract receipt? Well, below is the contract I created. What I want know is if the receipt contract I created is suitable for the sale? Also, I wanted to know, what I do about taxes? When I sell the computer, I just charge the state tax for it correct?

COntract format:
Melero Corporation

Receipt

Invoice Number: 1
Date: July 5, 2005

Seller Billing information:
Melero Corporation
7527 Coors NW
Albuquerque, NM 87105

Purchaser Billing information:
Last, First
0000 Coors NW
Albuquerque, NM 87121

Item Qty Description Price Total
Custom 1 P4 3.2GHz 1GB
Built DDR40016x DVDRW
Computer 160GB SATA COMPUTER
Windows XP 825.00 825.00
Printer 1 All-in-One Lexmark x83 90.00 90.00
Monitor 1 Samsung 15 LCD 180.00 180.00
Shipping Home Delivery 5.00 5.00
Local Tax NM State Tax 33.00
Federal Tax Federal Tax 33.00
Total 1166.00

Amount dude: $1166.00 USD
Payment type: Cash

I, ____________________ agree to pay Melero Corporation $1166.00 for the items above. Furthermore, I agree that if my items become defected at any time I do not hold Melero Corporation responsible for the defectiveness of my items.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Anastacio Melero

pete
07-08-2005, 07:08 PM
First of all, you should have had a tax number/account before making that first sale.

You absolutely need to get that taken care of ASAP. You may also need a local or state business license. The best place to start on a business license is to contact the office where local taxes are paid in your area. If they don't issue the licenses, they can probably tell you who to contact. Try your town/city/county hall, tax office, etc.

Also, in some areas, it is necessary to publish a notice in a local newspaper that you have applied for a license. This also varies by area, s it is not a given.

One further consideration is that some neighborhood associations, condominiums and apartment projects either totally restrict businesses from operating, or have requirements that you must meet. You need to check this out as well.

(And you thought all you had to do was build computers! :lol: )

Also, there is no Federal Tax involved in your sale. The only federal tax you are concerned with is that you will have to pay taxes on your earnings, just as if you had a real job. But you don;t charge your customers any federal tax.

As far as the invoice itself, there are a number of invoice templates available that you can use. Just do a google and you should find something. You may even have included with your MSWord or whatever office type OEM software you may have.

Invoice Number 1 is always a thrill. I hope I haven't dampened your enthusiasm too much.

Here's a link to a site with all of the state sales tax office links so you can see what you need to do for sales tax registration -
www.sbfaq.com/state-sales-tax.html

nick87
01-26-2014, 03:10 PM
You're going to want to put more into your contract. When it comes to legal, you want to cover yourself for every possible scenario. Don't let there be any holes open or else if something goes wrong, you'll be the one they'll be pointing fingers at. Make the contract state that you're not responsible for any damage it does, any harm that may come from the product, and any violation of fcc laws are against your terms of service.

wander_n_wonder
03-07-2014, 11:52 PM
On top of the technical aspects of the transaction, you need to make sure as well that the client has a good experience in making the first transaction with you. This is what a lot of business owners forget. They become so engrossed in ensuring the technical aspect of the process that they fail to forget to ensure that the customer is happy with the experience.

arifpolash
08-16-2014, 12:35 PM
For a better selling i think SMM will help you .

aadi
12-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Hi.

I just started my first company, Melero Corporation and I have my first customer. What I wanted to know is how I do my first sale. What I had planned to do, since my purchaser is buying a custom built computer from, is create contract receipt? Well, below is the contract I created. What I want know is if the receipt contract I created is suitable for the sale? Also, I wanted to know, what I do about taxes? When I sell the computer, I just charge the state tax for it correct?

COntract format:
Melero Corporation

Receipt

Invoice Number: 1
Date: July 5, 2005

Seller Billing information:
Melero Corporation
7527 Coors NW
Albuquerque, NM 87105

Purchaser Billing information:
Last, First
0000 Coors NW
Albuquerque, NM 87121

Item Qty Description Price Total
Custom 1 P4 3.2GHz 1GB
Built DDR40016x DVDRW
Computer 160GB SATA COMPUTER
Windows XP 825.00 825.00
Printer 1 All-in-One Lexmark x83 90.00 90.00
Monitor 1 Samsung 15” LCD 180.00 180.00
Shipping Home Delivery 5.00 5.00
Local Tax NM State Tax 33.00
Federal Tax Federal Tax 33.00
Total 1166.00

Amount dude: $1166.00 USD
Payment type: Cash

I, ____________________ agree to pay Melero Corporation $1166.00 for the items above. Furthermore, I agree that if my items become defected at any time I do not hold Melero Corporation responsible for the defectiveness of my items.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Anastacio Melero

save your first sale beacause this your business backup .

jessicaparker
07-21-2017, 06:15 AM
great effort, before doing your first sale you have to be very confident and try to impress and do try to over whelm everything in front to the client

alex_proget
05-21-2020, 02:03 PM
Excellent Post/blog!

Thank you everyone for this great information guys and always taking the time to post this amazing content, I truly appreciate you and I’m gonna start applying some of that ASAP!

I also have some informative content to help business owners that want to grow their businesses via online!

Here is my YouTube Channel: youtube.com/c/josesilvera

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks again for the great content and keep it up guys! Have an excellent day!

raviseo120
03-17-2021, 01:45 AM
thanks for sharing with us