PDA

View Full Version : ok maybe it was a bad idea..

digitaldex
07-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I currently work full time as a network administrator for a brokerage firm. For the past year I've been helping small businesses setup their networks and help with minor tech support. I thought this would be a great opportunity to start my own business on the side (eventually I would leave my full-time job and dedicate all my time to the business). Initally I was going to open up an LLC, but after speaking with a cpa friend of mine he suggested that I open up an S corp. Two months later I now have my S corp up and running, a small business amex card, and a business bank account.

I'm now thinking I may have gone a little overboard with this. Now what do I do? I will probably not make more than $5000 for the whole year and I only have about 2 clients. At the time I thought I would get more work, but everything just seemed to have slowed down.
I have many questions about payroll and quarterly taxes.
I just don't know where to begin.

Just wondering if anyone could advise me where to start reading.
There must be some sort of 'dummies' book on this right?

ar22
09-28-2005, 02:53 PM
i have had my business set up for the past two years and has been dormant since, and finally now i am getting motivated to work on it again. inorder to survive and pay rent i went back to architecture. now that i have a bit of capital and motivation i can get back into my business and work on networking and marketing approaches. moral of the story don't close the doors yet. if no new business comes in for you, go back to what you were doing and hopefully one day something will spark to get you into your business again.

btw if you find the dummies book to all this let me know.