PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Dropshipping?

GeorgeE
07-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Has anyone here tried dropshipping, how effective is it, and can you make a decent income doing it all online through ebay etc.

Any info greatly appreciated.

pete
07-30-2005, 05:14 PM
I do dropshipping on a regular basis. And I make some money at it. I would not be able to support my family on it alone, but I don't work at it at all. I seldom add new items, just sort of let it run by itself.

I do not do ebay, just sell from my own site. The problem with selling dropshipped items on ebay are several.

First, so is everyone else. There are a number of companies who promote selling their items on ebay and the end result is 1,000 sellers all putting stuff up below cost and jacking up shipping charges to make any money at all.

Next, you also run the risk of your supplier being out of the item once you sell it. This can hurt you in a big way if you can't deliver after the auction.

Third, the whole process is self defeating, with constantly lowering prices not only cutting profits, but undercutting the perceived value of the entire product line.

So, dropshipping from your own site works well, with ebay it is touchy.

Parky
07-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi, I dropship FULL TIME for a living with 60% of my products going through ebay.

Altough the previous poster is right in that there are many people dropshipping on ebay, the key is to find a niche. I sell childrens climbing frames, paddling pools etc. stuff like that, and it does very well. My mark up can be anywhere from 25% to 60%.

Some dropshippers are better than others and this can only be estblished through trial and error.

Aubrey
08-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Has anyone here tried dropshipping, how effective is it, and can you make a decent income doing it all online through ebay etc.

Any info greatly appreciated.

I also have the same question: I just posted it in a different section of the forum. My interest is by means of helping my clients "beef up" their website inventory to help diversify their marketing potential, etc.

Well let's be honest: everyone wants to make $ on line! So my clients are looking for ways to do this and are asking my opinion. I have none; since I don't drop ship, but it did make me start researching. I'd love it if you would think of me and email me if you find a dropshipper of interest! I would be most grateful; and I will gladly do the same for you.

my email: aubreyshaelynn@hotmail.com
Thanks!

McRalphe
12-12-2005, 07:40 AM
dropshipping definitely works, just that competition is quite intense nowadays...

arman
12-22-2005, 10:05 PM
I am planning to do dropshipping myself with my storefront.net platform (which supports dropshipping options).

The problem I am currently facing is to get dropshippers in Asia Pacific. Another problem I foresee is to get the dropshippers commitment in delivering the products quickly and with good quality and condition.

I would like to sell lifestyle products and gadgets. If anyone can help me with this, would be much appreciated.

Brgds
Arman

Tamazon
01-15-2006, 05:10 PM
:oops: I too am in the midst of trying to organize a drop-ship store. Its a bit of a task! Any input is greatly appreciated. I think various income streams are important for the home based entrepenuer, and since my main source is up and running very well on its own, I thought I'd try the drop-ship arena. I haven't found too many successful people yet though, but I'll keep you posted....

LindaKay
01-15-2014, 11:25 PM
I am interested in learning more about dropshipping. I would really love to run a store that is related to cooking. I wish I could do the affiliate program through Amazon to keep things easy while still making money, but I can't because of the state that I live in. I hope someone can drop in with some helpful tips and tricks about starting and running a dropshipping business.

theshaynee
01-16-2014, 09:04 AM
I've heard a lot about this before. Several people have claimed it's the best work at home business there is. I've also read about people claiming a $100,000 salary with dropshipping though. I've always wondered if that was true. I mean anything is possible if you put enough time into it. But that's a really good living.

jjthemanjunaid
01-18-2014, 12:10 PM
I also have the same question: I just posted it in a different section of the forum. My interest is by means of helping my clients "beef up" their website inventory to help diversify their marketing potential, etc.

GordonTheComputerGuy
01-25-2014, 09:18 AM
As some of you have stated in one way or the other, when you start dropshipping you lose control of an important part of your business.

Your dropshipper becomes your silent but powerful partner, any issues he has can quickly become a disaster for you.

I had a pet shampoo business and did over 95% of my orders online. In the beginning the manufacturer dropshipped everything for me from a pallet to a foreign country to one bottle in my home town, it was great until he decided not to dropship for any of the distributors.
At that point we had to decide if we wanted to setup a shipping warehouse or get out of it.

Since we had another business we let it go to another business that sold a lot of pet related items and already had warehouse and shipping setup.

This was a name brand that was not available anywhere so I couldn't just change suppliers.
It was a great learning experience, it can work with the right niche and a lot of hard work fine tuning everything.

eppie
01-27-2014, 04:49 AM
I recently became interested in dropshipping and at first I thought that this is a relatively new concept. So I was a bit surprised to find out that this topic started almost ten years ago. :shock:

Anyway, I hope anyone can share their recent dropshipping experiences here and maybe give tips to newbies like me (like how and where to start, costs, etc.). I'm particularly interested in Doba.com but if anyone have other recommendations then it's fine too. Looking forward to more posts on this topic. :)

firelily99
04-04-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm not familiar with it but would like to learn more about it. If its something that will benefit my business then I am all for it. anything to increase profits!

angela5pointo
04-04-2014, 06:21 PM
I have been selling on Ebay for over ten years. However, the last five years have been strictly business sales from the business I started. I do well with the business. I sell fashion items and accessories. I also have my own website and try to promote it the best I can without spending additional money. It is so much cheaper when you buy direct and then sell. I have companies that have mostly $100 minimums, some have only $50 minimums. I do have a company I occasionally drop ship from, although their prices are slightly higher in comparison to the other companies that I drop ship from. I typically use the drop ship company when sales are slower and I want to try adding new items without actually ordering them in to my home. It gives me a good idea on what is selling and what I should invest in.

coffee
04-04-2014, 08:21 PM
I have done this for a couple of websites that sold my products. I didn't have to do anything except ship the items when sold. If you have enough accounts with popular companies you could be very successful.

eagle22
04-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Dropshipping is something I first got into when I was first trying to make money online, but to be honest it just wasn't for me. With that said, I don't believe it is a "scam" and if you learn how to do it from the correct people I 100% believe you can make a decent amount of money from it. It will take a lot of hard work though!

wandering wildman
04-04-2014, 11:20 PM
I agree with much of what Pete said. Competition seems to be stiff. I have also ran into the issue of the product not being available by the distributor. This can be frustrating.

fredkawig
04-05-2014, 04:07 AM
Do not do E-bay you will certainly regret it and end up with the people who got scammed etcetera I think having your own website is much better.

amardeepets3323
06-26-2014, 06:07 AM
I think about dropshipping many times but can't implement until.Suggest some rules regarding dropshipping i want to start quickly.

SuperPuper
11-25-2020, 09:17 PM
I happened to read about it. This way to delivery staff seems convenient in some cases

Brownii
11-26-2020, 04:48 AM
Well, dropshipping is a quite widespread thing. I learnt about it when I bumped into a Spocket review (https://marketinglogiq.com/spocket-review/). It's a cloud-based dropshipping app integrated with many online shopping platforms. Feel free to read more about. Quite an interesting topic and the app.

RosalindaSmith
11-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Well, dropshipping is a quite widespread thing. I learnt about it when I bumped into a Alitools (https://alitools.io/en). It's a cloud-based dropshipping app integrated with many online shopping platforms. Feel free to read more about. Quite an interesting topic and the app.
Indeed, a very interesting topic and necessary to pay attention to it. But I like to use the trackers like this to be aware of the price change. That is the reason it is my best friend during online shopping.