PDA

View Full Version : Hiya from Abul in the UK

Avangarde
09-02-2005, 06:10 AM
My name is Abdul Parkar
One of the first questions that I am asked when I meet someone is,
'Where do you come from?'
I was born an African (birthplace Kenya), an Indian by decent as my ancestors hailed from the Indian Sub-continent and a British by nationality and abode. In addition I have lived and worked in over 10 countries and can speak at least one language from each of the five continents. Married to my wife, Hajirah, a mammographer, with two children a boy and a girl.

What is more interesting is that over the past 25 years, I have done some amazing things such as been an Economic Strategy Advisor to 2 Government Ministers in the Middle East, Programmed Managed the Privatisation of 2 State Owned Enterprises(SOE), one via an IPO followed by a GDR and the other through a Strategic Investor Sale. In addition I have been involved in the corporate transformation of a number of large organisations, set up of joint ventures, Strategic sales of companies, assisted a number of SMEs in increasing their companies performances, sit as a Non-Executive Director on the Board of 5 companies, one of which is a NHS Primary Care Trust. Professionally I have a BA from the Open University , an MBA in Corporate Strategy and Finance, and a PhD. in Strategic Management.

See yaa soon
Abdul