PDA

View Full Version : A Startup with Solid Liability Coverage: Help Please!

AlanBiz
09-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Hello,

What is the most cost effective method for a startup with solid liability coverage? I want to test out a product idea I have as well as use this potentially as a launch platform for several others. The per unit price for this first electronic device I am looking at manufacturing and retailing is $80/unit. I am at production now, but I need a business!

So far though, the liability exposure and the cost to overcome seem prohibitive. What are some extremely low or medium cost options - there must be some.

I have looked at incorporating, but the $800 min tax in CA with the required insurance, min reasonable amount to fund an account seem a bit much. A sole proprietorship does not look to be ideal considering the potential long term liability exposure (but I could be missing something - maybe there is an insurance policy that is ideal).

I am a bit frustrated, since all I want to do is run an ad for a couple of months, sell about 50 of these units and decide where/how I want to proceed. I do not want to have to make an extremely long term plan for this business to break even and I want to have full liability coverage. Ideally, this would be a short term break even (or slightly negative venture) and decide where I want to go from there.

Thanks for any advice! :lol:

Alan

Mark2K5
09-07-2005, 10:24 AM
I would recommend an LLC. You get limited financial and legal liability coverage. It's similar to an S-Corp but not a corporation. You won't have the same administrative overhead as a corporation and you are taxed as an individual. You can setup an LLC in any state at websites like bizfilings.com. As far as liability insurance and other types of insurance, i'm not familiar with the costs.

Mark

Insurance_Broker
10-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Hello,

What you should be looking for is Products Liability. This coverage will continue coverage for defects or any liability your products are liable for. some policies will have what they call a "Sunset Clause" to cover your product for up to 5 years into the future. It will also cover Recall Expenses if ever needed.

You may contact me at 510-653-8880 if you have further questions about this coverage. I specialize in Commercial and Personal Lines insurance

Curtis Lam

delusional
01-24-2014, 03:41 AM
Try to get a LLC. Did you think about the licensing of your electronic device? You can't sell it without it being approved by a bureau because all electronic products can be unsafe. I would try to find some information about that because you wouldn't want to invest in anything big unless you know you can really sell your product.

foduu1
02-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Try out to get a LLC. Do you consider the particular licensing of the computer? You simply can't promote the item without having the item qualifying by way of bureau since all electric solutions could be harmful. I'd personally look for several details about that as you couldn't wish to purchase anything huge until you understand you possibly can really promote the product or service.

ANewDay
08-04-2014, 10:31 PM
If you have a business

Malik Suleman
12-22-2015, 02:15 PM
for which type business is this?

dmchandigarh
09-05-2018, 11:37 PM
As a small business owner, finding the right insurance that meets your needs can be a challenge. For most businesses, including startups, general liability insurance should be considered a requirement. It can be hard to know what insurance you need when embarking on a new business venture. Startup businesses have different needs than established companies and require an insurance plan that grows with the business.

Note:-Digital Marketing Course in Chandigarh (http://dmchandigarh.com/) - We provide you all latest and trendy digital marketing knowledge and information and all its other types like SEO, SEM, SMO , PCC, Email Marketing etc

terawork
09-06-2018, 03:08 AM

terawork
09-06-2018, 03:09 AM

priya23
12-20-2019, 05:13 AM
open a internet company or a actual company. Keep in mind I have a 8dollar per hour job and in-and-out. So cheap is good. Also I have friends who have technical know how actual programming skills for the internet.

ishusri
01-19-2021, 07:52 AM
NDT Courses in Chennai | NDT Institute in Chennai
IEQS offer NDT courses in Chennai and NDT Institute in Chennai provide the quality training with 100% placement and conduct the different types of NDT Courses.
CONTACT US
IEQS Group
3, Hayath Plaza, 2nd Floor, Nambi street (Near Bust Stand), Poonamallee., Sannadhi Street, Poonamallee, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600056
Mobile*: +91 99408 55218
Mail ID*: enquiry@ieqsgroup.com
Mail ID*: ieqsgroup@gmail.com
Website*: www.ieqsgroup.com
Tambaram Branch
№5, Gandhi Road, West Tambaram - 600 045
Mobile*: +91 99408 55218, 8754423725
Landline: 0442649 4725
Mail ID*: enquiry@ieqsgroup.com
Mail ID*: ieqsgroup@gmail.com
Website*: www.ieqsgroup.com

PurvaPandey
03-08-2021, 02:36 AM
Small businesses risk their business finances when a lawsuit is filed. Partnerships and sole proprietors are particularly more vulnerable to such consequences. Therefore they are in greatest need of such type of insurance. Even under limited liability insurance, an owner is still exposed to personal risk. A business liability insurance protects the company and its assets from legal obligations like medical costs of a customer who gets hurt on the company premises, on-job injuries to employees. General liability also covers the costs of the company's legal defence. It pays for any awards or settlement offerings that the company is mandated to pay as per legal requirements put on them. These costs include compensatory damages, non-monetary losses suffered by the injured party and punitive damages. Get Your Business Insured Now From SMEInsure By Alliance Insurance Brokers (https://smeinsure.allianceinsurance.in/)