PDA

View Full Version : Who do you Bank With?

rk
03-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Just out of interest, who do the people on this forum bank with?

I'll start the ball rolling: Barclays (and not overjoyed)

JClarkson
03-19-2004, 01:42 PM
We are with Nat West.

kotetsu
07-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Washington Mutual for me!

Eagle
07-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Nat West here...!

Been with them since 1987 - it's not that they're the 'be all and end all'...it's just such a pain to move! :roll: :D

Anthony DeAngelis
07-27-2004, 02:23 PM
From Firstar, B of A, Compass, now at Wells Fargo. Bankers are all crooks, but it's a neccessary evil!!!

Rob
09-01-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm searching for a bank to open a business account. I've heard good things about Bank of America. Does anyone else bank with them? Thanks.

iball73
09-27-2004, 04:39 AM
Here in the UK I bank with Abbey National. They offer a free banking service for small companies. A few limitations but they suit my needs and after six months with them have no complaints.

Ian

Jade456
10-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Used to be Wells Fargo and Credit Union.

FlemmingBusinessServices
10-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Hi ~

I have used B of A for many years for several clients. I have accounts for 7 clients as well as myself. Some are for small business, some are for large companies. The key to having a great banking experience is to find a local branch and make friends with the customer service rep at the door, a teller and an account exec. (Get their phone #'s so you don't have to go through the main B of A 800# to get someone.) I know 5 people by name and site at my local branch. I'm far from their largest client but I'm treated very well when I walk in the door plus my requests are handled quickly.

Opportunist
07-05-2005, 06:42 PM
I'd have to disagree with iball73on Abbey National, I bank with Abbey Business and I'm afraid their standards have slipped after relocating their customer services section to Scotland. They don't have kiosks in their high street banks which is frustrating in this "personal approach" business minded world we live in. I'm lucky if I can speak to an advisor under 50 minutes and ecstatic if they respond to my emails/letters and faxes. Their excuse? Well... 1. “Still training staff but it should get better in a month or two”. 2. “We are not surprised considering the high interest rates Abbey Business customers are enjoying”. It's almost two years since I joined them and think that if I continue my calls using their 0845 number for what appears to be an eternity per pop, I’ll be bankrupt even before I’ve had a chance to break even! Does anyone have any good recommendations please?

finstar
07-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I bank with, and would recommend, the Royal Bank of Scotland

cmoazz
02-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Im actually looking for a small business account to open up with, probably Bank of America or Wachovia.

MarkD
03-02-2006, 08:48 AM
I've been with my bank for many years, no problems at all, but I guess you never really know you how good they are until you run into problems!

agelrep
03-11-2006, 03:04 PM
I personally love Bank One or Chase

Morph25
03-19-2006, 10:47 AM
HSBC for us. No comment on them though, as we have nothing to compare them with.

usabankaccount
03-31-2006, 01:40 AM
Americanexpres, Wells Fargo, Barclays, Bank of Ammerica, HSBC us and uk, Chase... and few more. I agree wth Anthony DeAngelis "Bankers are all crooks, but it's a neccessary evil!!!"

Frazier
04-10-2006, 04:51 PM
BofA has free business checking for certain customers. Most bank savings rates are low. ING or a similar online banks are good for higher return savings accounts.

You can usually get discounts and free services if you ask nicely or have a good relationship with your banker. Competition is fierce and they don't want to lose your business over an overdraft fee, etc.

ServiceTunnelcom
04-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Chase (Bank One)

Although I don't know how well I like it.
I was trying to setup a merchant account, and could not find any information about it on their website.

heymister
07-27-2006, 09:54 AM
US Bank has been good to me...good rates, good service, and low fees. Nothing else I could ask for.

pandandesign
01-20-2014, 11:49 PM
I bank with Twin Star, which is a Credit Union rather than a bank. I like it because they offer great customer service, and they always put the customers first. I also like how I don't have to keep a minimum amount because I don't have to worry about the money will stay in the bank account forever. Thing can happen anytime and you don't really know when you really need the money for something. Another thing is that Twin Star automatically have the saving and checking account set up for the customers, which they have transfer between each other without having to sign up for a saving account because most often that most of the banks have you to keep at a certain amount in the savings account. I prefer Credit Union anytime because at least I know they're not about profit, which some banks are all about money.

jackalex545
01-21-2014, 02:20 AM
Is this a good bank? why or why not? I have been banking with my current bank for a few years now and I feel it is time for a change. I see a lot of other banks giving their customers all these benefits with their accounts that I don't get through the bank I am at now. I have heard the Bank of America is a good bank but I wanted to hear other opinions and or references to other banks that give their customers good benefits..

diprod
01-21-2014, 07:56 AM
I'm in the Philippines and I bank with BDO. And I have to say that they are super slow when it comes to their service. I'm actually not sure now why I'm still in business with them. I'm thinking of moving into a new bank.

smallbus
01-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Major banks like Wells Fargo and Bank of America seem to have higher account fees and other misc. fees. For the lowest cost and also to feel like more than just a number, I would highly suggest researching local credit unions. They usually have better CD rates and also lower loan rates, for auto and home loans.

LindaKay
01-21-2014, 02:51 PM
I currently don't have a bank account. I use my business Paypal account for everything. I know it isn't a smart idea, and I'm planning on opening up a bank account at Wells Fargo soon; I just haven't done it yet.

canon_fan
01-22-2014, 02:46 PM
For personal finances, I use Wells Fargo. I've had them since college, and they treat me well.

For business, I use a local bank. It's not always the most convenient when I travel, but I plan finances ahead of time. What sold me was that they began to know me, and when I opened a business account, they put a free ad for my business on their website.

gHiros
01-22-2014, 07:51 PM
I bank at a credit union, and they have competitive rates for savings and checking accounts, as well as for loans. I find that the credit cards they offer have lower interest rates than those advertised by the major banks. And moreover, as a credit union member, you are just that ... a member ... a stakeholder, unlike a "customer" in a major bank. I also like the personal appeal of credit unions.

ap4aaron
01-23-2014, 07:11 PM
We use Wells Fargo, they have been very nice to us. Their customer service has been excellent. Also, they have very competitive rates.

Vash
01-24-2014, 04:55 AM
I used to use HSBC bank over a decade ago when I was still at Buffalo, New York. After I moved to northern Michigan I had found there was no HSBC bank there. So I closed my account and switched to what's near me. At the time it was National City bank. A few years ago PNC bank bought/took over... National City bank. So now I am with PNC. I can't really comment on if they are good or not, since I have encountered no major incident with them nor they have given me any free money in my account lol.

On a side note, I am currently in Shanghai, China. I have opened an account with Bank of Shanghai. Never heard of it until I got here. So far there hasn't been any problem except for I had to wait in long line every time I was there. They had a dozen employees stood around in the lobby chatting... with only 3 working. I received a waiting number of 52 the last time I was there, and it took more than 40 minutes before it was my turn.