PDA

View Full Version : Wholesaling and Trademarks

AfterSale
09-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone,

We are now being contacted by international companies (mostly in china) who are asking to be wholesalers for us. They are asking for samples of product (our products are not cheap but more middle or road and up) and they are requiring us to be trademarked internationally. I have two questions:

1. How would you handle sample request to eliminate true companies from potential scam companies (who might be collecting samples from anyone who will send it to them).

2. Is there a trademark we can get that will cover the USA and International. I read up on madrid protocol that covers several international countries but didn't know if we could get one that covers usa and international in one application.

Thanks in advance
Van

vedomedia
06-19-2015, 05:35 PM
I would research that company, simply try googling their name, finding their location, reviews, etc etc. Im sure its not that hard if you really dug deep into a business. Also how much does it really cost you to send them samples? What is it that you are selling?

As for the trademark, I dont really think you would need that, but instead a patent. You are selling physical products right? Then it should be patented. A trademark is more for your company name or logo as far as i know.

Nags
07-16-2021, 10:29 AM
Then it should be patented. A trademark is more for your company name or logo as far as i know.

nadiasonii
07-30-2021, 06:37 AM
Brand name robbery is the utilization of a name, trademark, word, expression, or image that is utilized in business by another business. This is known as encroachment and is characterized by the court dependent on the probability of disarray by buyers because of unapproved utilization of the imprint.

AarushiAashi
07-30-2021, 11:32 PM
Notwithstanding, the framework for enlisted insurance of exchange marks for retail it doesn't imply that the dealer is retailing (or in any event, wholesaling) those products.