PDA

View Full Version : I need help with importing

99cent
10-08-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Group,

I have a dollar store, I would like to importing goods from China in all catagories (small and large);

I need to know:

If you need a special license to import goods from China?

What is LC? and how can you obtain one?

What are the must have legal formalities to import?

What is the easiest way to Import from overseas?

Where to get the source to Import?

Thanks in advance to all that response. Hopefully this will help all other newbie like myself. Good Bless all.

huayihe
10-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I don't know much about US law on importing. But as far as I know, you could find a export and import agent to do all these for you.

aose
10-28-2005, 05:02 AM
You do need an import license if you want to buy in bulk. Or your supplier has an export license.

LC is letter of credit. You can open an LC with your bank. But some bank require that you have several years of transaction history with them.

You can easily find sources online, like global sources. But it's hard to get a good price if you don't speak their language.

[Edited. Reason for edit: removal of promotional text]

songsong
11-05-2005, 09:37 AM
I am a newbie too, and I want to exporting goods from China. But probabaly I can give you some comment:-)

L/C -- letter of credit. most of your suppliers in China want to do business with you by the payment of L/C. and there are also other payment mathod such as T/T etc

It will be helpful if a friend or a deputy in China helps you to find kinds of resourse, and inspect the quality of your goods before shippment and do the exporting things for you in China.

[Edited. Reason - removal of URL]

frateg8r
11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
To import in to the US, that is, to import general commodities, a license is not required. It may be that the Chinese shipper requires an export license, but that is something they will handle.

Depending on the products you wish to import, that may be considerations above and beyond standard Customs clearance and duty, but it is best to get in to specifics once more is known.

You can do your own clearance but you'll probably find that a Customs broker will work better for you in the long run.

As was mentioned by others, the L/C is the letter of credit, which is the most frequenty method employed in the Asian trades. If you are new in business, your bank will likely require collateral against the L/C. Talk to you banker for information; if they are unfamiliar with international banking you'll need to go to a larger bank.

Also, as a Customs broker, I can help you with the formalities, but I also have a client who is an importer of various items for various wholesalers and retailers. I know he deals with the factories, and because of his experience and purchasing power can get better deals than many smaller companies, plus you won't have to deal with the L/C issues and the like.

David_King
02-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:09 pm Post subject: I need help with importing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Group,

I have a dollar store, I would like to importing goods from China in all catagories (small and large);

I need to know:

If you need a special license to import goods from China?
If textile or some special items, you need a license.

L/C is widely used in the world but not good is you do business with China. T/T is better. L/C can not be used in one dollar business type.

What are the must have legal formalities to import?
Better do business with a legal organization like a big company. You will not be cheated.

To use me as your agent is the easiest way to import from China. You just need to order goods& take goods and make payment according to contract. Other things is my duty.

Where to get the source to Import?
No need to learn this kind of things. You just need to make a friend like me who know about all things of import. *_*

Thanks in advance to all that response. Hopefully this will help all other newbie like myself. Good Bless all.
welcome to contact me by email: fuweihua97921@yahoo.com.cn

googoos0ng
01-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Since our first importations, i never used L/C but used to pre-pay my supplier via wire transfer. I don't think there are specific laws to import, a lot depends on which PRODUCTS you are importing, if they are considered for double use or not. A part from that, consider very strictly the duty percentage and the shipping costs as they might influence a lot your net margin.

dolly fsession
03-05-2014, 07:42 AM
I don't know much about US law on importing. But as far as I know, you could find a export and import agent to do all these for you.

Rica
03-28-2014, 04:27 AM
If you want to import toys, I can give you great source of toy factories.

fredkawig
03-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Depending on your country. If they will charge tariffs and customs tax then you should be able to pay those, everything else will follow.

steven.zheng
06-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Hello,

This is Steven Zheng from China, how's going with your dollar store now?
Just noticed your post, we have alot of prodcuts which I think would suit for your business - Cute/Fashion stationery items and small promotional gifts.

If you're still working with your dollar store, we warmly welcome you to contact us and later we will show you with our products, thanks.

Regards,
Steven Zheng
E-mail: minison.zc@gmail.com

kazi
06-27-2014, 11:20 AM
To import from china you don't need any agent. I started importing from china 4 years ago with due diligence you can do it. All you need have been packaged in an ebook I have. Visit www.myimportbiz.blogspot.com

TangelThor
10-23-2020, 05:45 AM
Importers search for goods and services all over the globe to import and sell. They are also interested in foreign resources to acquire goods and services at the lowest price possible. In fact, foreign resources are generally a major component in an importer's international supply chain.

Lilykevin86
02-02-2021, 03:41 AM
Bringing in isn't only for those solitary footloose traveler types who get by their brains and the It additionally helps in the event that you as of now know about import/trade.

lishmaliny
04-08-2021, 05:25 AM
A letter of credit, or "credit letter" is a letter from a bank guaranteeing that a buyer's payment to a seller will be received on time and for the correct amount. In the event that the buyer is unable to make a payment on the purchase, the bank will be required to cover the full or remaining amount of the purchase.

speeduser
06-11-2021, 07:23 AM
There are so many agents out there in the market. People just have to know how to source out these particular people. - Phillip Elden (https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16tf3i)