PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Home Hair dressing business

Odyssey77
10-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Hello there,
My fiancee and I will like to register and run a home business braiding hair, as well as selling other beauty related stuff. The hair braiding businesss is doing really good so far, even though we have not registered as a small home business yet. We have tried the idea, and it is worrking great. So we think that we may be able to make it running that business from home (not full time).
I do not know the process to register as a small home business. Secondly, I do not know if there is any regulation on the type of businesses that can be run from home. And if I can easily get authorisation to braid hair from home.
I will aprreciate any help.
Thanks

LindaKay
01-31-2014, 01:28 PM
If you are just braiding hair, you might be fine, but if you're going to be cutting hair, you will need a cosmetology or barber's license.

I would check with your local offices to find out. Where you need to go will depend, but someone from your Town Hall should be able to point you in the right direction about business licenses, requirements and more.

Good luck!

SmartPea85
03-12-2014, 03:17 PM
I agree: styling hair is one thing, while altering hair by cutting or using chemicals or dyes is another. I think as long as you stick to just hair braiding and styling, you won't need a cosmetology or barber's license, but I would also be careful of the business name you choose for yourself. Anything with words like "salon" or "cosmo" in it might be misleading. People who want to get their hair permed or trimmed might be disappointed, and people who want a good braid might go somewhere else because they don't realize what you do just by your name.

DomDom
03-12-2014, 03:51 PM
I think you can legally sell beauty related stuff with the braiding hair business without much problems.

delusional
03-13-2014, 05:06 AM
I think you can legally sell beauty related stuff with the braiding hair business without much problems.

I also think so. I don't think you need any license for that.

Try to calculate how much you would earn just by braiding hair. If you both are doing it, make sure you can reach 2 full salaries.

fredkawig
03-13-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't think you need a license for braiding hair. Try contacting your local business departments and those offices that handle licenses. Usually they are the experts and since there are different laws for different states and countries.

surya46
10-01-2014, 08:33 AM
you should open a business was in a crowded place and a lot of people, so that your business becomes smooth

fastunsecured007
03-30-2016, 03:31 PM
I think this a good business for every couple.If you success in this business your life is happy.I like this business very much.Go ahead.

Jackchina
03-04-2017, 12:54 AM
Hi,

How is the business now? We are a hair factory from Xuchang city, China. We can supply most of hair products with competitive price. Hope to work with you.

Yours,
Jack

raza khan
08-07-2018, 05:31 AM
If you are looking for the best salon and massages in Dubai then https://www.mabel.ae/ is the right place to visit. Find and book appointments at your favorite salons and spas.

PMalhotra
01-21-2020, 05:02 AM
Having a good business idea and executing it is a very good thing. You just have to have a good business strategy and marketing plan for the growth. Small investment is also very necessary for further growth and reputation of your business. Starting small is the first and the most initial step. You can also expand it from just braiding to cutting hair and perming/dyeing etc. This will not only open your fields and but also you can learn a lot and grow.

raviseo121
02-10-2021, 10:55 PM
Thanks for sharing with us