PDA

View Full Version : Home Based Business Licensing Issues

stibb
10-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Hello everyone,

I am starting a home based business that I will be running from home. I live in an apartment and despite the city saying they didn't care my landlord will not sign off on allowing me to register my address with a business permit but said she did not care if I was running a business out of there especially since it's 100% online sales and no foot traffic or anything.

Are there any alternatives? I thought about the UPS Store but was told that can't be done either. Are there any satellite style rentals available that can be used to register your business? I just can't understand the big deal in it all. It's for tax purposes mainly in this situation, there is no special permit needed, no noise, no truck pickups or deliveries, no foot traffic, nothing. So I am trying to figure out a way around it. I could use my parents home address but it's in a different county and I am not sure how that would work? Or if it legally could.

Any ideas?

Cliff Notes:

-Will be opening website with sales. (vinyl decals for a specific market) No foot traffic, no truck pickups, no deliveries, no business mail.
-Will be running the site from home. Lives in apartment. Apartment will not allow that address to be used on a business application.
-Any alternatives?

bizsuccesscoach
12-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi-

You have probably already found a solution to your situation. I have used shared office space or co-working facilities in the past as a business address. Some are as cheap as UPS Stores. But provide you working space (even though you don't need that) and an office address. Here in NJ we have several options: C3Workplace, Regal Business Offices (expensive) and a few others. Depending upon where you are I would search "co-working" or "shared offices".

Best of Luck
Donna

Donna Price
Compass Rose Consulting, LLC
http://www.CRCOnlineMedia.com
Working With Network Marketers and Small Business Owners on Lead Generation

ketanco
06-16-2017, 04:37 PM
why a UPS store can not be used? i didnt understand that part
and you just register with the state with that UPS address and then what?

dheeraj14aug
08-14-2019, 02:08 AM
hi
you are talking about home business i have no idea for that

Lilykevin95
07-18-2020, 02:12 AM
A guide on the most proficient method to acquire permits to operate and allows. Following are probably the most well-known licenses and allows homebased entrepreneurs may require and where to go for more ... In the event that you don't, they'll issue a reference.

speeduser
02-04-2021, 02:24 PM
These licensing issues will be resolved for sure. It is not a very complicated issue and that is really manageable. - Marla Ahlgrimm (https://marlaahlgrimm.co)